Kum and Go provides employment opportunities throughout the Midwestern United States. Founded in 1959, the American gas station and convenience store chain employs over 4,000 workers in more than 400 store locations. The privately owned company staffs full- and part-time associates.
Facts About Working at Kum & Go
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Kum And Go?)
Available Positions: Cashier, Stock Room Associate, Sales Associate, Retail Salesperson, Quality and Process Improvement Intern, QSR Food Service Associate, Restaurant Shift Manager, Assistant Manager, General Manager, Human Resources Coordinator, Wholesaler Relations Manager, Finance Intern, Food Service Associate, Sales Manager, Sustainability Intern, Director of Total Rewards, Director of Education and Development, Business Intelligence Marketing Analyst, Part-Time Fuels Inventory and Logistics Associate
Kum & Go Job Opportunities
Applicants find plentiful entry-level work with the gas station company. Sales and food service associate jobs prove frequently available to persistent individuals, often regardless of prior experience. Alternatively, more experienced job seekers often apply for manager positions to oversee the activities of sales associates. Attractive salary options and work benefits packages remain draws for management candidates. Motivated employment hopefuls with long-term time investments typically continue to receive advancement opportunities throughout the company structure. In addition, professional career hunters may find full-time executive and administrative roles through the corporate offices.
Kum and Go locations feature work comparable to other gas stations and convenience stores. Employees provide direct customer service to patrons upon entry. Stocking and cashier duties prove common for workers, as the chain retails a wide variety of food merchandise. Associates must ensure customers leave satisfied with services received. Workers may also stand responsible for cleaning duties. The employer regularly hires candidates with friendly personalities, positive demeanors, and proactive work ethics.
Kum and Go Positions and Salary Options
Applicants usually need to stand at least 18 years of age to apply for jobs with Kum and Go. Though candidates do not necessarily need to possess high school diplomas or GEDs to gain employment with the fuel retailer, individuals with degrees may gain an edge during interviews. The gas station chain needs to hire associates for the following positions:
- Comprising the standard entry-level role with the chain, the position of sales associate involves performing essential duties in convenience store settings.
- Daily responsibilities regularly include operating cash registers, stocking shelves, shoveling snow, and ordering inventory.
- Employees remain proactive and assist customers and maintaining area cleanliness without waiting for managers to give instructions.
- To obtain work as sales associates, candidates must prove able to lift and carry up to 60lbs.
- Kum and Go sales associates historically earn hourly wages consistent with applicable state and/or federal minimum wage laws.
Food Service Associate
- Food service associates work in teams to prep and package freshly made food items for customers.
- Duties include heating edibles to appropriate temperatures, topping and packaging meals appropriately, and greeting incoming customers.
- Employees may also stand responsible for promoting current deals and featured items.
- Candidates with both food service and sales experience fare well when applying for the positions.
- However, the opportunities largely remain accessible to entry-level applicants.
- Pay for food service associates hovers around minimum wage.
- Making roughly $11.00 per hour, sales managers oversee day-to-day operations within Kum and Go stores.
- In addition to aiding with sales and food service associate duties during busy periods, managers enforce customer service standards, train new workers, implement merchandise programs, and control store expenditures through careful study of store inventory.
- Candidates with previous management experience generally gain preference during interviews.
- Computer skills and familiarity with email also benefits job seekers.
- Communication skills, leadership abilities, financial savvy, and professionalism comprise ideal traits for management applicants, as well.
Tips For Applying
Kum and Go hires diligent applicants with customer service aptitude. If possible, highlight previous experience on the application. Individuals with no prior work experience should describe participation in volunteer activities and school-related pursuits to demonstrate competency to the employer. Prepare for questions about customer service scenarios and commitment to quality. Background screenings and drug tests also prove typical during hiring processes with the company.
The fuel company maintains application forms online and in-person. After applying, candidates typically hear back from hiring managers within seven days, with some job seekers receiving calls within 48 hours. However, if staffing personnel do not make contact within one week, applicants should follow up in person or through telephone calls. Wear business casual attire when visiting stores and always remain considerate of the time and pressing job duties of management employees.
Benefits of Working at Kum and Go
Full-time Kum and Go employees often feel highly valued with available job benefits packages. Eligible associates receive health insurance plans including:
- Life and vision coverage
Workers may also qualify for 401(k) retirement plans and pension options. Part-time employees may enjoy some of the same career benefits, as well. In addition, associates normally gain access to paid training, sick days, and flexible scheduling options.
More Details on Kum and Go
Kum and Go champions causes of environmental stewardship and sustainability. The corporation promotes renewable energy when possible and commits to conserving existing natural ecosystems. Corporate giving remains a major priority, as well. The company commits 10 percent of annual profits toward charity. Non-profit organizations local to the 11 states the business operates stores in represent frequent recipients of funding from the chain.