Midwest gas station chain Kwik Shop boasts a sizeable regional presence requiring hundreds of workers to maintain operations. Entry-level job seekers and career professionals alike regularly take advantage of the competitive pay and flexible scheduling available to employees.
Facts About Working at Kwik Shop
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Kwik Shop?)
Available Positions: Sales Associate, Cashier, Food Service Leader, Assistant Manager, Store Manager
Kwik Shop Job Opportunities
In addition to regional locations throughout the American Midwest, Kwik Shop operates storefronts in the U.S. South. The widespread reach of the brand consisting of roughly 130 retail outlets makes the fueling station chain an optimal choice in finding part-time and full-time work. Most locations remain open 24 hours a day and host arrays of amenities ranging from in-house convenience stores, hot food sales, ATM machines, restroom facilities, and gasoline sales.
The diverse offerings of each location require teams of associates to interact with customers, clean and organize facilities and gas station grounds, and track sales and inventories. Positions available require little-to-no experience or qualifications, which render the jobs highly attainable for high school and college students as well as applicants looking for supplementary incomes or strictly part-time work. Careers in management featuring annual salary options and job benefits packages also remain widely available but generally require at least some previous leadership experience or histories in the gas station industry.
Kwik Shop Positions and Job Outlook Information
Due to alcohol and lottery ticket sales, Kwik Shop employees must generally stand at least 18 in order to gain hiring consideration. Employment opportunities also involve some manual labor and ask prospective job seekers to stand in good health and maintain the ability to lift up to 35lbs. and stand for shift durations. The most common positions for hire include:
- Applicants may choose from either part-time or full-time store associate jobs.
- While most entry-level workers start out as part-time employees and work up to full-time schedules, Kwik Shop readily places motivated and experienced individuals into full-time store associate roles immediately upon hire.
- Employees take responsibility for operating cash registers and completing transactions, assisting in sales, organizing shelves, arranging displays, emptying trash, rotating hot food items, and cleaning restrooms.
- Hiring managers look for self-starting, friendly, and reliable individuals with open schedules to work as store associates.
- On average, the position yields minimum wage, with increases available to dedicated employees, generally based on work performance.
- Entry-level employees with tenure or previous experience in leadership positions may receive promotion into or strong consideration for managerial roles.
- The gas station chain also outsources for managerial talent. Applicants must possess at least two years of experience and open availability.
- Key responsibilities include hiring and training new workers, arranging schedules, setting price points, managing inventories, tracking sales, and enforcing company policies and procedural guidelines.
- Specific job titles available include food service leader, assistant manager, and store manager.
- The careers offer competitive hourly pay scales starting around $10.00 to $11.00 and rising to more than $30,000 in annual salary options.
- A typical manager works full-time.
Tips For Applying
Kwik Shop expects new-hires and tenured employees alike to maintain honorable, respectful, and hardworking attitudes at all times. The gas station chain also values diversity and inclusion, which factor prominently into overall hiring decisions. Job seekers should demonstrate the qualities highlighted in the company mission statement and willingly offer open availability to gain preferential hiring treatment. Applicants should also possess reliable means of transportation before submitting employment forms, as the chain greatly favors candidates with the ability to arrive at work on time.
Job seekers may apply online or in person. Both forms require basic contact information, work history, age and citizenship verification, and position preferences. Workers who submit forms in person usually receive the quickest turnaround for interview consideration, with invitations extended either on-the-spot or within a day or two. Online application submission generally results in interview consideration within a week. Applicants may check on the status of applications by visiting in person or calling desired storefronts, regardless of method used to submit employment documents. In-person visits may yield the best results, as prospective employees may use the time to speak directly with hiring personnel and establish face-to-face rapports.
Benefits of Working at Kwik Shop
Kwik Shop employee benefits packages remain available to full-time associates only. However, entry-level, part-time workers receive merchandise discounts, complimentary uniforms, weekly pay, direct deposit, and paid training. Full-time employees enjoy:
- 401(k) retirement plans
- Life and disability insurance options
- Tuition reimbursement
- Stock purchase plans
- Flexible spending accounts
- Unlimited coffee and fountain drinks on the clock, and
- Group legal coverage
Employee assistance programs also stand readily accessible.
Further Information on Kwik Shop
As a perk for shopping at the gas station chain, customers enjoy the option of signing up for Plus Cards, which offer regular rewards and discounts to loyal patrons. The Plus Card awards customers a free coffee for every nine purchased and resets automatically after cashing in on the free hot beverage. Patrons may redeem the tenth free item for any other like item, which includes other hot beverages. Kwik Shop encourages patrons to use refillable mugs to reduce environmental impact and honors the free-drink reward policy even with the use of personal receptacles.