Based out of Dallas, TX, La Quinta Inns and Suites caters to business people and casual travelers. Job seekers with various levels of experience must fill available entry-level and career-oriented positions. Open work persists as offered in part-time and full-time capacities.
Facts About Working at La Quinta
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at La Quinta?)
Available Positions: Room Attendant, Housekeeper , Front Desk Service Representative, Maintenance Technician, Front Desk Clerk, Shuttle Van Driver, Front Desk Sales and Service Representative, Training Developer, Franchise Openings Trainer, Breakfast Attendant, Area Director of Sales, Compensation Analyst, Maintenance Supervisor, Room Attendant - Spanish, Operations Analyst, Franchise Service Director, Cash Management Analyst, Front Desk Night Auditor, Administrative Sales Coordinator, General Manager, Area Director
La Quinta Job Opportunities
La Quinta employs over 8,000 workers. Each associate of the hotel chain stands expected to honor the five core values of the company: caring for people, passion, integrity, excellence, and uniqueness. Job candidates familiar with and able to demonstrate and practice the values may impress hiring personnel and earn preference for available work. Additionally, individuals holding past employment in foodservice, retail, hospitality, and maintenance industries may gain favor for hire. As a hotel, the chain places significance on the customer service abilities of candidates. Hopefuls with no formal work experience able to provide examples of excellent human relations also fare well gaining employment with the company.
With over 800 properties across the United States, Canada, and Mexico, the hotel chain continues expansion through company-owned and franchised locations. As a result, available work with La Quinta remains plentiful. Individuals hired into entry-level positions may eventually settle into long-lasting careers through company preferences to promote from within. Along with extensive training upon hire, workers maintain access to online educational seminars and courses. Individuals showing special dedication to core values and heightened motivation may receive invitations to manager development training.
La Quinta Positions and Salary Information
Interested job seekers must stand at least 18 years of age to receive consideration for available work. Some positions require applicants to hold high school diplomas or GED equivalents. As hotels operate seven days a week, on holidays, and during irregular hours of the day, individuals possessing open availabilities may gain preference with hiring personnel. Otherwise, hopefuls do not encounter many stipulations or troubles when applying for the following entry-level La Quinta jobs:
Front Desk Service Representative
- As the bulk of front desk service representative responsibilities involve dealing with the diverse range of customers who frequent the hotel chain, individuals interested in available positions should prove upbeat, charismatic, and find working with people enjoyable.
- Front desk service reps greet guests, handle the registration process, issue key cards, answer customer questions, manage phones, maintain logs of reservations, handle checkouts, and process payments.
- Usually a full-time job, the position averages hourly wages between $10.00 and $11.00.
- Candidates should retain proficiency in various computer programs, possess the physical capability to stand throughout shifts and lift up to 50 pounds, and provide excellent interpersonal communications.
- A position better known as housekeeper, room attendant stands responsible for the overall cleanliness of hotel rooms and grounds.
- Traditionally full-time, although available in part-time and seasonal capacities, room attendants receive pay rates between $9.00 and $10.00 an hour.
- Shift duties include cleaning bathrooms, replenishing toiletries, gathering dirty linens and towels, making beds, vacuuming, dusting, and removing trash and recycling.
- Room attendants must pay special attention to guest specifications and requests and prove physically capable of standing, twisting, bending, squatting, kneeling, pushing, and pulling frequently over the course of shifts.
- Customarily part-time commitments, laundry attendant positions offer minimum wage to start.
- Interested individuals should work well as part of teams and in fast-paced environments.
- Knowledge of laundry practices and chemicals or previous employment in similar positions may earn candidates preference for hire.
- During any given shift, laundry attendants must sort dirty laundry delivered by housekeeping staff, wash and dry loads, maintain the cleanliness of laundry rooms, and follow safety procedures.
Tips For Applying
Job hopefuls wishing to take advantage of the La Quinta online application must create profiles with the hosting platform. Uploading resumes allows the system to extract pertinent information and autofill sections, like personal information and employer histories, of the application. Candidates must also enter educational backgrounds and answer job-specific questionnaires. As the autofill systems occasionally malfunction, individuals should read over information for inaccuracies before submitting applications.
Individuals wishing to check on the statuses of applications may call, email, or visit targeted locations. To save time for hiring managers and applicants alike, candidates may use login information created at the time of applying to access user profiles. The My Jobpage tab lists submitted applications and informs hopefuls whether each application was received, processed, and accepted for further screening or rejected. La Quinta strongly encourages job candidates take advantage of online status checks.
Benefits of Working at La Quinta
Along with comprehensive and paid job training, a direct deposit pay system, career development programs, and competitive salary options, La Quinta provides workers with generous employee benefits packages. Company medical insurance covers general health, dental, vision, life, and disability plans. Employees also enjoy access to:
- Flexible spending accounts
- 401(k) retirement plans
- Paid time off
- An internal referral bonus program, and
- Associate discounts.
Eligibility for job benefits may hinge on employment status as full-time or part-time.
More Information on La Quinta
Guests who frequent the hotel chain may opt into the La Quinta rewards program. Rewards members enjoy a point system wherein points prove redeemable for perks, express check-in, extended checkout times, and various other rewards earned over time and through the accruement of points. Additionally, members may donate points earned to the Fisher House Foundation Hotels for Heroes program, which allows military family members to stay at the hotel chain for free while veterans receive treatment at specialized medical facilities.