American furniture retailer and manufacturer La-Z-Boy offers widespread opportunities for employment. Applicants consistently take advantage of work in retail, design, logistics, and other corporate openings.
Facts About Working at La-Z-Boy
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at La Z Boy?)
Available Positions: Retail Sales Consultant, Furniture Sales Consultant, Part-Time Design Assistant, In-Home Designer, Sales Associate, Sales Lead, Assistant Manager, Store Manager, Regional Human Resources Manager, Accounting Manager, Designer Apprentice, Interior Designer, Warehouse Associate, Administrative Assistant, Office Assistant, Delivery Driver
La-Z-Boy Job Opportunities
Regardless of position desired, applicants should embody professionalism and put customers first. The average La-Z-Boy employee works part-time as a retail associate, which requires little experience or education for employment consideration. Prospective associates also need outgoing and personable demeanors, as most entry-level job duties encompass interacting with the general public. Individuals going beyond expectations and cater to patrons needs and tastes receive additional hiring consideration, as well.
Career-oriented individuals may take interest in accessible managerial roles available at the retail level. La-Z-Boy managers may work part-time or full-time. Historically, sales managers work varied schedules, while store managers primarily assume full-time status upon hire. Experience needed to qualify for managerial careers often varies store to store; however, workers should generally possess a minimum of a year in general retail prior to submitting applications. Corporate vacancies open on a regular basis but require four-year degrees in specific fields and extensive backgrounds in the industry.
La-Z-Boy Employment and Pay Scales
Headquartered in Michigan, La-Z-Boy sells furniture internationally, with stores hiring new employees frequently. Workers may also find jobs in manufacturing throughout dozens of warehouses located around the world. General hiring requirements include meeting the minimum age of 18. Additional information on employment requirements for specific job titles follow:
- Part-time and full-time sales consultants represent the image of the company and sell furniture at retail stores.
- Establishing meaningful rapports with clients and engaging patrons in personable, amiable, and courteous manners remain essential functions of the job title.
- Despite entry-level status, the position of sales consultant often requires years of related experience for employment consideration.
- Inexperienced part-time sales consultants may earn between $9.00 and $10.00 per hour, while tenured or distinguished full-time associates make between $30,000 and $40,000 annual salary.
Customer Service Representative
- Generally offered as part-time roles, customer service representative jobs require little-to-no experience.
- Most customer service representatives work in the company corporate offices located in Monroe, MI.
- Job settings include call-center environments with responsibilities revolving around answering telephone calls and emails regarding purchases.
- Reconciling outstanding payments, updating bill pay information, and authorizing returns also represent regular job duties.
- On average, customer service representatives make $12.00 or $13.00 hourly.
- Use of computers requires familiarity with standard operating systems and Microsoft Word programs as well as clerical data-entry and filing skills.
- Job hopefuls may gain access to store manager positions through promotion from entry-level posts.
- La-Z-Boy also accepts applications from outside candidates to fill store manager roles.
- Hiring and training new employees, organizing daily tasks, coordinating shipments, tracking inventories, and handling customer/associate issues remain primary concerns of the position.
- Store managers earn between $40,000 and $50,000 a year.
- The full-time job requires dedication and commitment to company values, expectations of merchandise, and customer service.
- Most stores ask applicants to hold at least a year or two of previous managerial or supervisory experience for consideration.
Tips For Applying
Job seekers should join the La-Z-Boy Talent Network, which offers regular updates on available positions and convenient access to online applications. Workers need valid emails in order to sign up for the company Talent Network. The retailer also rewards applicants with desires to grow personally and professionally. If possible, highlight aspirations to grow within the industry or to hone skills only available in positions desired. Asserting goals aligning with company success often improves impressions made on hiring personnel.
Most applicants receive phone calls from hiring personnel within a few days of sending in employment documents. Applying online results in automatic email confirmations from the La-Z-Boy Talent Network regarding hiring materials. In order to check on application statuses, workers need to call or email desired storefronts and speak to management directly. However, the quick turnaround in responses often negates the need to contact store locations.
Benefits of Working at La-Z-Boy
Part-time and full-time employees typically enjoy discounts on products and service in addition to flexible scheduling, supportive work environments, and competitive pay. Full-time associates also enjoy access to:
- Healthcare coverage
- 401(k) retirement plans
- Paid time off, and
- Life insurance options.
Training and ongoing career development opportunities also highlight available job benefits.
More Information on La-Z-Boy
A corporate steward, La-Z-Boy places environmental sustainability as a main facet of daily operations. Company policies limit waste production, energy use, water use, and impose strict protocol for the recycling of unused goods and materials. Changes made to store locations include the use of energy-efficient bulbs, eco-friendly paints, and use of recycled materials for signage and other promotional considerations. The retailer strictly adheres to the policies set forth by industry watchdog Enhancing Furniture’s Environmental Culture (EFEC), which operates as an extension of American Home Furnishings Alliance (AHFA), an organization mandating the sourcing of materials to create resalable furniture in the U.S.