Specializing in upscale sportswear for men and women, Lacoste maintains retail outlets across the United States and around the world. The international fashion retailer keeps the global chain of boutiques fully staffed by hiring new associates as current workers leave or accept promotions.
Facts About Working at Lacoste
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Lacoste?)
Available Positions: Sales Associate, Cashier, Operations/ Sales Assistant, Assistant Manager, Sales Supervisor, Managing Director, Sales Manager, Retail Analyst
Lacoste Job Opportunities
Career advancement opportunities stemming from internal promotions represent just one of the perks of working at Lacoste boutiques. Each store location employs a team of sales associates, supervisors, and assistant managers headed by a general manager. As entry-level sales associates gain experience and achieve consistent excellence at work, opportunities to advance down the retail career path often begin to arise. In addition to promoting current employees to fill available jobs, the fashion retailer hires external applicants on a regular basis. Frequently available employment opportunities run the gamut of common store positions ranging from entry-level work as a sales associate to professional careers in retail management.
Lacoste holds sales associates responsible for providing customer assistance and performing various duties related to fashion merchandising. Sales associate jobs generally make ideal employment opportunities for fashionable individuals with limited work experience, as the entry-level position typically places more of an emphasis on personality, communication skills, and selling abilities. Prior experience usually only becomes a major factor during the hiring process for management positions. Boutique managers work with customers while supervising sales associates in addition to carrying out the many administrative tasks applicable to directing retail operations successfully.
Lacoste Positions and Salary Information
Comprising either part-time or full-time work, Lacoste jobs provide schedule flexibility and ample opportunities to pursue outside interests. However, for career-minded associates, working for the upscale chain of boutiques may open doors to more intensive professions within the fashion industry. Available to job seekers at 18 years of age or older, the following positions offer the chance to work in the retail division of a globally renowned fashion company:
- Sales associates primarily deal with customers and merchandise.
- Customer service duties range from promoting or recommending certain items and processing sales at checkout stations, while merchandising responsibilities involve tasks like folding and organizing clothes, displaying products fashionably, and maintaining inventory.
- Sales associates use interpersonal skills, fashion sense, and selling techniques regularly on the job.
- The entry-level position typically comes with full training and often proves appropriate for enthusiastic, trendy candidates lacking related work experience.
- Lacoste pays sales associates about $10.00 per hour.
- Supervisors, assistant managers, and general managers form management teams employed at each Lacoste boutique.
- The scope of each position depends on the job title and progressively increases in breadth as supervisors move up the career ladder and become managers.
- Ordinarily, supervisors oversee sales associates during work shifts and provide general assistance with other managerial tasks, while assistant managers carry out the directives of the general manager and work in support of all areas of boutique operations.
- General managers tend to focus on duties like budgeting, goal-setting, hiring and training, scheduling, strategizing, and other business practices related to running successful retail outlets.
- Whereas prospective supervisors must possess some form of retail experience, assistant manager and general manager positions specifically require extensive histories of managerial employment in the fashion apparel industry.
- Hourly pay rates for supervisors typically fall between $11.00 and $12.00, while annual salary options rest around $40,000 for assistant managers and frequently exceed $50,000 for general managers.
Tips For Applying
To apply online for Lacoste jobs, candidates must navigate to the Career Opportunities page from the bottom of the company website. After narrowing down available opportunities by category and selecting a position to apply for from the list of current job openings, applicants encounter a brief series of questions pertaining to chosen occupations. Job seekers must then either copy and paste or upload resumes before reviewing and submitting applications. As the primary piece of information accompanying the application form, each resume needs to provide clear evidence of the professional achievement and potential of candidates. Entry-level applicants should draw attention to any examples of working with customers or serving others, while managerial job seekers need to highlight previous instances of successfully managing retail operations.
Like other major retailers, Lacoste often spends varying lengths of time reviewing applications submitted online. The length of time necessary to look over an application and contact the job seeker for an interview largely depends on the number of other qualified candidates and the current hiring needs of the particular store location. In the interlude between submitting the necessary forms and hearing back from a manager, applicants wishing to gain an advantage may want to follow up with the appropriate store location. When following up on an application, candidates should either call the store or dress in a manner mirroring the fashionably trendy image of the brand and visit the boutique personally. Speaking with the manager in charge of making hiring decisions typically proves the most effective way of inquiring about the availability of the job and demonstrating initiative as well as genuine desire for the position.
Benefits of Working at Lacoste
A generous employee discount serves as one of the more popular job benefits offered to Lacoste store associates. The upmarket fashion retailer allows employees to purchase merchandise at up to 70% off the regular price and also allocates clothing allowances to eligible workers at certain times throughout the year. Other employment benefits ensure the health and wellness of qualified associates and include:
- Amenities like medical coverage
- Dental and vision plans
- Life insurance and flexible spending accounts
Vacation and paid time off, maternity and paternity leave, and 401(k) retirement plans represent a sampling of additional work benefits available to eligible employees.
Additional Information on Lacoste
Founded by French tennis champion Rene Lacoste, the Lacoste clothing company began designing and marketing the short-sleeved polo shirts for which the brand remains best known in the early 1930s. The polo shirts and other available product lines feature the distinctive crocodile logo of the company. First unveiled in 1926, the logo alludes to the nickname of the company founder, who tennis fans called The Crocodile. True to country club roots, the upscale fashion brand regularly creates special collections designed for and inspired by tennis players and golfers. In addition to offering signature polos and special collections, Lacoste boutiques sell full lines of menswear, women’s apparel, shoes, and accessories. The fashion retailer also sponsors or maintains partnerships with several professional golfers, the French Olympic Team, and Roland Garros, one of the four Grand Slam tennis tournaments held each year.