Clothing retailer Lane Bryant specializes exclusively in plus-size options for women. Premium apparel stands available for purchase online, or in one of the over 800 locations the company maintains. Job seekers often find short-term and long-term options for employment with the chain.
Facts About Working at Lane Bryant
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Lane Bryant?)
Available Positions: Sales Associate, Cashier, Team Member, Sales Leader, Assistant Manager, Retail Store Manager, Online Operations Manager, Auditor, Intern, Benefits Analyst, Financial Analyst, Technical Designer, Buyer, Human Resources Generalist, Store Facilities Coordinator, Marketing Analyst, Merchandising Planner
Lane Bryant Job Opportunities
Founded in 1904, the clothier remains a leading and recognizable name in the industry. Lane Bryant places a strong focus on empowering and instilling a sense of self-respect in women in general, especially in the often-marginalized population of plus-size individuals. Employees help customers feel attractive and satisfied with fashion choices by using knowledge and insight to assist patrons in selecting the most suitable clothing. Workers must stay capable of finding flattering and comfortable outfits for patrons.
The company maintains a vast catalog of items such as dresses, sweaters, pants, and shoes as well as other related accessories. Successful employees remain aware of and well-informed about the greater portion of available merchandise. The target size range falls between 14 and 28 for women between 30 and 45 years of age. Traditionally, the company prefers to employ predominantly female staff members.
Lane Bryant Employment and Salary Information
Due to the widespread and expanding company presence and turnover of current employees, Lane Bryant consistently hires new staff. The turnover creates new and viable work opportunities for qualified applicants. Retail locations offer the most consistent entry-level job possibilities with the company for individuals seeking employment. The following positions carry openings across the United States:
- Sales associates work as part of a team to ensure high-quality customer service remains priority in Lane Bryant stores.
- Often a part-time role, the position of sales associate requires working one-on-one with customers to select eye-catching apparel uniquely suited to individual tastes.
- Responsibilities routinely consist of arranging displays and promotional banners, handling money and bank card transactions, prolonged periods of standing, and interacting with clientele.
- The position remains open to new members of the workforce, though retail experience boosts the prospects of hiring.
- The retail chain generally mandates candidates possess high school diplomas or the equivalent.
- Sales associates benefit from flexible scheduling options and typically earn about $8.50 per hour.
- A management position within Lane Bryant stores, sales leader jobs cater to professionals with prior fashion retail and supervisory work history.
- Also known as assistant managers, typical duties include recruiting candidates, overseeing the training of new employees, and implementing marketing strategies on a day-to-day basis.
- The fashion chain hires individuals knowledgeable about company products and aesthetic and prefer workers with previous management experience.
- Though only high school diplomas or the equivalent stand required, candidates with bachelor’s degrees usually fare better in the process.
- Annual salary peaks upwards of $28,000 on average.
Tips For Applying
Candidates must remain motivated to drive sales and help patrons gain satisfaction with clothing choices. Employment seekers should also display a keen sense of style, and, if possible, wear Lane Bryant items to each interview, as interviewers take note of fashion-mindedness in applicants. To locate a retail outlet within commuting distance, job hopefuls may utilize the Find A Store function on the corporate website to determine if opportunities exist nearby. The standard method of applying for jobs with the clothier includes the online submission form on the careers web page.
While some Lane Bryant stores may feature print documents available in-person, job seekers customarily need to create free accounts on the website to fill out and submit applications. The searchable database sorts listings by position and proximity to the location of individuals. Users may also perform keyword searches to fit more specific employment needs and upload current resumes with the application. Applicants normally hear back from the prospective employer anywhere from a few days to two weeks or longer after submission. Inquiry calls remain an acceptable method of showing persistent interest and following up on the state of the hiring process.
Benefits of Working at Lane Bryant
Lane Bryant offers employees several competitive job benefits. Insurance options include:
- Vision and dental coverage plans
In addition, workers may participate in 401(k) retirement plans and explore purchase options for company stock. Employees also enjoy discounted rates on brand-name merchandise, both in person and online. Applicability of employee benefits may vary based on store location and full-time or part-time standing.
More Details on Lane Bryant
The company features the specialty Cacique Intimates brand highlighting lingerie, sleepwear, and swimwear items. Particular pieces of the line comprise part of the Making Strides breast cancer support program. For the applicable selections, 10% of the purchase price goes to the American Cancer Society.