Serving over 100 locations in the U.S. across the Mid-Atlantic and Southeastern sea board, Ledo Pizza continues to grow. Founded in 1955, the native Maryland company provides entry-level work as well as career opportunities to aspiring job hopefuls.
Facts About Working at Ledo Pizza
Hiring Age: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Ledo Pizza?)
Available Positions: Delivery Driver, Cashier, Cook, Assistant Manager, Restaurant Manager, General Manager, District Manager
Ledo Pizza Job Opportunities
Ledo Pizza offers a broad scope of traditional Italian food in comfortable family atmospheres, including calzones, Stromboli, sandwiches, salads, and pastas. Most available jobs entail the production of food in kitchen settings. Job hopefuls with fast-paced food service experience gain preference with the company. Hiring managers also prefer outgoing and detail-oriented individuals for available work. Demonstrating customer service aptitude may heighten the chances of progression in the hiring process, as well.
The use of rectangular pans represents the most common way to make signature pizza menu items. Employees hand cut ingredients and make dough daily to provide customers with authentic experiences. Applicants must honor the traditions of the company upon hire and pay close attention to detail in order to thrive in the time-honored work environments. While each new-hire receives training after onboarding, tenure and desires to progress within the pizza shop may lead to promotions into career-level managerial positions. Individuals with prior management experience or necessary education backgrounds may obtain hire directly into supervisory positions.
Ledo Pizza Employment and Wages Information
Each Ledo Pizza employee must exhibit punctuality and enthusiasm. Applicants aged 16 years or older with access to reliable transportation may fill out an application form online. As no minimum education requirements exist, the following entry-level positions remain widely accessible:
- Kitchen staff maintains a wide scope of responsibilities.
- Making dough, slicing ingredients, baking pizza, constructing sandwiches, boiling pasta, cleaning work areas, and washing dishes make up daily tasks.
- Kitchen staff cooperate with other team members to fulfill orders in quick and efficient manners, while strictly adhering to safety guidelines.
- Normally, the entry-level associates earn hourly wages around $8.00, although impressive work ethics and time spent with the company yield pay raises with regularity.
- Servers neatly prepare and clean tables.
- Specific job duties include setting decorations, condiments, candles, napkins, plates, and utensils after wiping down table surfaces.
- Sharp memorization skills prove vital, as servers must commit daily specials and menu offerings, as well as customer orders, to memory.
- Workers should also possess basic math skills to properly process customer bill payment.
- The average server earns between $2.00 and $10.00 an hour; however, tips lead to significantly higher pay.
- Restaurant managers direct operations at restaurant locations with an emphasis on finances and employee oversight.
- From maintaining budgets and preparing payroll to ordering supplies, managers directly influence the weekly performance of each venue.
- Also responsible for upholding safety procedures and health codes, the career-level associates monitor food preparation methods for quality and timeliness.
- Restaurant managers also schedule shifts and resolve complaints from both customers and kitchen staff alike.
- Salary options range from $29,000 to $55,000.
- Pay may increase significantly with tenure or success.
Tips For Applying
Job seekers may fill out online applications and print completed forms to give to hiring managers in person. Ledo Pizza prefers workers maintain open late-night, weekend, sporting event, and holiday availability. Additionally, interested individuals should gather personal contact information, work history, and references to expedite the hiring process.
Typically, hiring managers reach out to qualified applicants within two to three weeks to schedule interviews. Individuals wishing to check application statuses may call, email, or visit franchised locations. Reaching out to managers demonstrates aspiration and serious desires to work with the pizza chain. Applicants should dress professionally for interviews in the event of any in-person contact with hiring managers.
Benefits of Working for Ledo Pizza
Along with healthy work/life balance, workers enjoy comprehensive job benefit packages. Discounts on food, generous tips, and culinary training give employees the skills needed for fulfilling and lasting careers. Part-time team members receive paid time off, while full-time associates gain access to:
- Paid vacation
- Healthcare coverage
- Medical insurance, and
- Paid vacation.
The popular chain also provides 401(k) retirement plans for qualified individuals.
Extra Information on Ledo Pizza
Ledo Pizza plays a great part in the local University of Maryland community and throughout the greater metropolitan area. Each year, the East Coast pizza shop makes a $30,000 donation benefitting local schools, sports teams, the pediatrics unit at Anne Arundel Medical Center, National Autism Awareness Month, Project Lifesaver, the MS walk, and Relay For Life. Other than monetary benefits, local children’s centers and the National Zoo receive toys and playground additions.