Lee's Famous Recipe Chicken oversees more than 140 restaurants throughout the American Midwest and South. To keep each location performing at a high level, the regional restaurant chain employs workforces of talented associates willing to deliver the best in Southern hospitality. Job seekers consistently find both entry-level employment and management career opportunities available with the chain of casual-dining restaurants.
Facts About Working at Lee's Famous Recipe Chicken
Hiring Age: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Lee's Famous Recipe Chicken?)
Available Positions: Team Member, Cashier, Cook, Server, Shift Supervisor, Assistant Manager, Restaurant Manager
Lee’s Famous Recipe Chicken Employment Opportunities
A majority of employees holding Lee’s Famous Recipe Chicken jobs work as entry-level crew members. With minimal hiring requirements, other than possession of a winning personality and strong work ethic, crew member jobs often prove ideally suited for applicants with little or no previous work experience. Job seekers looking for work with flexible, part-time hours may also find entry-level crew member positions ideal. Entry-level associates mainly provide customer service and enjoy career advancement potential and solid pay rates in line with the rest of the fast food industry.
Experienced workers with strong leadership skills may take an interest in available management positions. With more responsibilities than entry-level jobs, managerial employment typically demands a year or two of relevant work experience and a full-time commitment. Applicants should also possess the ability to overcome challenges on the job and effectively manage employees in a fast-paced restaurant environment. Featuring the job title of either assistant manager or general manager, each career opportunity offers a competitive annual salary and access to a range of employment benefits.
Lee’s Famous Recipe Chicken Jobs and Wages
Most restaurants operating under the Lee’s Famous Recipe Chicken banner remain independently owned by local franchisees. Specific hiring requirements and pay scales therefore vary by location. Many franchisees maintain a restaurant website where job seekers access downloadable application forms or email resumes for the following positions:
- Crew member jobs encompass a variety of entry-level duties ranging from order taking and cash handling to food preparation and housekeeping.
- Employees cook chicken according to the company recipe, ensure the accuracy of customer orders, and interact with guests on a regular basis.
- Applicants with hospitable personalities and tastes for hard work tend to receive the strongest hiring consideration for crew member positions.
- The entry-level job title generally pays around minimum wage at start, with hourly pay rates often increasing as the length of employment progresses.
- Managers work to achieve the companywide goals of the restaurant chain by hiring talented and hardworking associates, training new workers effectively, increasing sales and profits, and maintaining high standards of food quality and customer service.
- Candidates interested in managerial jobs should know how to control typical restaurant expenses, like payroll and inventory costs.
- Most franchisees require applicants to hold at minimum high school diplomas and previous restaurant management experience.
- The individual franchisee pays each manager a yearly salary typically ranging from $20,000 to $40,000, depending on job title and restaurant location.
Tips For Applying
Fast food workers need to execute daily duties quickly and efficiently. Lee’s Famous Recipe Chicken hires on talent able to remain diligent and motivated, as well as courteous, at all times. Applicants search for positions by location either in-person or online. Both methods offer detailed information regarding responsibilities, pay scales, and daily operating procedures. Health and safety remain top priorities with the chain, as associates work with hot grease, open ranges, and sharp objects in addition to uncooked foods on a daily basis. Highlight or demonstrate abilities on hiring forms or in person to strengthen bids for employment.
After accessing information for available jobs online, candidates must visit locations in-person and pick up paper applications. Completing the documents takes little time and usually provides opportunities to speak briefly about subsequent steps in the hiring process. Managers typically review the documents over the next two to three days and call candidates back to schedule interviews within a week or so. Especially motivated individuals may follow up on applications and send emails, place phone calls, or revisit desired locations to ask about hiring procedures and traditional time tables for interview consideration.
Benefits of Working at Lee’s Famous Recipe Chicken
While employment benefits often vary by franchise, every restaurant associate works in a fun environment with flexible hours, extensive training, and career advancement possibilities. Many franchised locations also offer job benefits like employee meal discounts and opportunities to enroll in medical insurance plans. Additional employee benefits available to eligible workers at select locations include:
- Bonuses and profit-sharing programs
- Life insurance
- Personal days and vacation time, and
- 401(k) retirement plans
Further Details on Lee’s Famous Recipe Chicken
Founded in 1966 by a nephew of Colonel Sanders, Lee’s Famous Recipe Chicken serves freshly cooked poultry available in classic, spicy, and oven roast varieties. The famous recipe involves dipping the chicken in honey, breading each piece by hand, and using a pressure cooker to retain the flavor of the herbs and spices. In addition to traditional chicken legs and wings, the restaurant chain offers chicken in pot pies and sandwiches. Side items reflect the Southern country appeal of the chain and include biscuits, green beans, mashed potatoes and gravy, BBQ baked beans, and corn on the cob. The chain of fast food restaurants also features shrimp specials available for a limited time.