Founded in 1853, Levi Strauss & Co. operates as a global clothier and chain of retailers, with more than 1,000 locations worldwide. The sustained, international success of the brand provides close to 70,000 jobs for experienced, career professional and inexperienced, entry-level workers alike.
Facts About Working at Levi's
Hiring Age: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Levi's?)
Available Positions: Customer Support Representative, Sales Associate, Sales Lead, Assistant Manager, Store Manager, Technical Support Representative, Installation Technician, Marketing Associate, Associate Customer Relations Coordinator, Account Executive, Designer, Merchandise Coordinator, Product Development Specialist, Designated Seller, Buyer, Account Associate, HR Generalist
Printable Application: No. Search Job Openings or visit official site.
Levi’s Interview Videos
Levi’s Job Opportunities
Levi brand clothing usually sells out of shopping malls or outlet stores part of larger shopping centers. Applicants looking for work with the denim retailer must possess sound communication abilities and interpersonal skills. Most of the duties required of associates upon hire rely heavily on interacting with customers. Busy holiday shopping seasons may intensify typical work settings. Energetic, motivated, and knowledgeable individuals able to make recommendations to customers serve as ideal candidates and generally receive hiring consideration over other candidates.
As a long-withstanding brand, Levi’s places strong importance on the tradition of the company. Products sold in store retain the expected quality synonymous with the retailer. Employees must exude a similar kind of quality and uphold store policies on greeting and attending to customers at all times. Relaxed yet determined personalities fair well both during the hiring process and on the job. Applicants should research company history and understand the roles the brand served in framing the modern fashion retail industry. Most entry-level workers assume part-time hours and may need to work weekends and holidays upon hire. Tenured or experienced associates usually earn rights to more consistent and accommodating schedules.
Levi Strauss & Co. Positions and Salary Information
Entry-level applicants need only meet the minimum age requirement of 16 for employment consideration. Managerial roles often impose stiffer qualifications and require individuals to stand at least 18 years old and hold high school diplomas. Applicants may find additional qualifications and duties outlined in the following list of available positions:
- Levi’s encourages applicants with one or more years of experience to apply for sales associate jobs.
- Whether seasonal, part-time, or full-time, the position bases responsibilities in customer service and sales.
- Cashiering, stocking, general maintenance, greeting patrons, and customer assistance comprise daily sales associate duties.
- Sales associates provide access to fitting rooms and highlight fashions in stock, as well.
- The primarily part-time role provides between 15 and 30 hours per week and offers starting pay around $8.00 as hour.
- Opportunities in management mainly incorporate the supervision of entry-level employees and the continued success of store locations.
- Both assistant managers and store managers drive sales, hire, train, and motivate workers, manage expenses, maintain inventory and payroll, merchandise products, and prevent theft. A minimum of two years’ experience proves necessary for hire in addition to high school diplomas or GED equivalents.
- Minimal physical requirements also stand in place, including the ability sit, crawl, stand, kneel, lift, push, pull, and balance.
- Assistant managers and store managers typically work full-time schedules.
- Pay scales begin around $10.00 per hour for assistant managers and rise to more than $90,000 annual salary for store managers, depending on location and experience.
Tips For Applying
A majority of previous applicants cite hiring personnel asking specific questions about brand history and product lines during the interview. Questions may center on historic dates, significant product introductions, company mergers and acquisitions, and past marketing campaigns. Prospective workers should prepare by reviewing the Levi Strauss & Co. website, among other related resources, to gain insight into the history of the brand. Possessing both specific and general knowledge about the denim retailer may impress recruiters and lead to increased odds of employment.
To begin the application process, workers must create online profiles with usernames and passwords. Applicants may also sign in using Yahoo! or Gmail accounts. After completing and submitting hiring documents, potential associates await contact from the fashion chain. Depending on the job title desired, job seeker wait periods may last anywhere between one and three weeks. The most common method of contacting successful candidates for interviews includes phone calls. Email also serves as a common method of inviting workers to interview. Applicants may call at any time before hearing back from the retailer to check on the status of applications. Waiting at least a few days to check back may allow for hiring managers to fully review all eligible candidates; however, consistent contact with recruitment managers may demonstrate further interest in the position desired.
Benefits of Working at Levi Strauss & Co.
The world-renowned retailer and fashion house provides exceptional work benefits to individuals in both entry-level jobs and professional careers. Competitive pay, generous discounts on products and services, and flexible scheduling rank as the most accessible employment benefits provided to eligible workers. Additionally, individuals in corporate careers or full-time managerial roles at the retail level also receive medical, dental, and vision plan options, 401(k) retirement plans, paid time off, service and performance awards, and compensated volunteer leave.
Further Information on Levi’s
Internationall, Levi Strauss & Co. partners with non-profit entity Red Table Organization, which provides relief for employees of the fashion house in the event of emergencies, termination, or retirement. Current employees pay into the foundation, whose funds directly benefit afflicted or potentially downtrodden past and present workers. The large-scale employee assistance program began in 2008 and operates in more than a dozen countries worldwide.
Where can I go to complete the Self assessment portion of the application?