Non-profit organizations like LifeWay Christian Resources attract motivated and passionate individuals looking for work in specific, niche fields. Job seekers regularly find rewarding employment opportunities with the book distributor featuring competitive pay and work benefits.
Facts About Working at LifeWay Christian Store
Minimum Age to Work at LifeWay Christian Store: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at LifeWay?)
LifeWay Christian Store Hours of Operation: Mon-Sat: 10:00am-9:00pm; Closed Sunday
Available Positions at LifeWay Christian Store: Sales Associate, Assistant Manager, Store Manager, Applications Developer, Data Integration Developer, Internal Auditor, Marketing Campaign Designer, Marketing Strategist, Paralegal, Special Projects Manager, Travel Assistant, US Church Consultant
LifeWay Christian Store Job Opportunities
The sizable network of religious textbook and other theistic services suppliers comprises roughly 180 locations across the United States. In addition to representing one of the largest bible and Christian-themed book sellers in the country, LifeWay offers customers stationary materials, music and movies, miscellaneous gift items, and products designed specifically for use in theological services, such as ceremonial music and access to study groups and educational programs. The book and religious artifact retailer typically operates in or just outside of major metropolitan areas with easy access to dense populations. Prospective workers generally encounter little resistance in finding retail locations in need of new staff members; however, the bookstore chain requires new associates to adhere to company pillars of character. Operations center on Christian values and morals, which hiring personnel take into direct consideration when screening for new employees.
Diversity of services provided through physical store locations, distribution centers, and the company corporate offices headquartered in Nashville, TN, offer thousands of opportunities for employment across viable entry-level and professional fields. At the store level, most applicants find work as entry-level staff assisting customers, stocking shelves, and managing operations. Work in company distribution centers and home headquarters usually involve highly advanced fields requiring degrees and ongoing experience in the industry.
LifeWay Employment Prospects and Wages
Although the company imposes strict policies on hiring individuals with strong Christian-moral beliefs, the retailer sets the minimum age for employment consideration at 16 for most available jobs at the retail level. Applicants in search of managerial roles or work in distribution or corporate fields must stand at least 18 and hold high school diplomas. Other educational certifications and relevant experience prove necessary, as well. Below sits a list of the most common job titles for hire:
- Responsible for customer service, stock, and cashiering job duties, sales associates serve as the face of retail operations and work directly with patrons on a daily basis.
- The bookstore looks for warm, inviting, personable, and helpful individuals able to provide product recommendations and work in efficient, timely manners.
- Some minimal lifting may take place over the course of daily shifts as well as standing in place and walking on foot.
- Basic math skills prove useful to accurately ring up customer purchases.
- Job seekers often start out earning between minimum wage and $10.00 hourly, depending on experience.
- Career options available include managerial roles offering competitive hourly pay or lucrative salary options.
- Pay scales generally vary roll to roll but hover around $10.00 or $11.00 per hour for key holders and rise to $50,000 or $60,000 for retail managers.
- Key holders may work part-time or full-time.
- Job duties include opening and closing stores before/after hours, maintaining inventory levels, motivating associates, scheduling workers, training new-hire employees, and assisting in sales and stocking.
- Retail managers oversee company protocol and enforce policies regarding interactions with customers and between employees as well as administrative functions, such as tracking sales, processing payroll, ordering products, orchestrating shipments, and reporting sales.
- The average retail manager works a full-time schedule.
Tips For Applying
Emphasizing personal interests in Christian beliefs and customs on application forms and during professional interviews for LifeWay jobs greatly benefits prospective workers. The retail chain primarily looks for individuals who embody company core values and uses the theistic mission statements and business plans as diving rods to find new talent for store locations. Applicants should also offer open availability, including desires to work nights, weekends, and holidays, to further receive preferential treatment from the bookstore chain. Upon hire, most entry-level staff begin working varied hours.
Depending on individual hiring needs, store recruitment managers may take anywhere from a week and up to a month to officially extend job offers once applicants submit required employment forms. A typical sales associate spends around a week or two waiting to hear back from hiring officials and may encounter one or two interviews before employment. Applicants may call back or email locations prior to receiving notification of interviews from store managers to check on the statuses of employment forms. In-person visits also serve as acceptable ways to check on pending hiring documents and may provide additional opportunities to establish meaningful rapports with managers than simply placing phone calls or emails.
Benefits of Working at LifeWay
Workers enjoy casual dress, free parking, discounts on YMCA memberships, and reduced pricing on LifeWay merchandise. The supportive job settings provide:
- Ongoing training and career development
- Generous pay scales, and access to employee benefits packages.
While workers must usually carry full-time statuses for eligibility, qualified associates enjoy:
- Company-matched 401(k) retirement plans
- Paid time off,
- Tax-saver FSA programs
- Life insurance plans, medical, dental, and vision plans, and
- Regular opportunities to participate in subsidized missions trips.
More Details on LifeWay
As a way to connect Christians from across the U.S. and around the world, LifeWay offers digital ministries information through the company website. By clicking in the Ministry tab located at the top of the homepage, patrons find dozens of resources for ministry groups specializing in the particular needs of Christians. Ministry groups include opportunities for women, children, pastors, church leaders, students, and minority groups to find others sharing similar passions for Christian ways of life. The resources also include a tech and media ministry group, which promotes online communities of followers.