An international company with origins proudly tied to the Provence region of France, L’Occitane maintains a sizeable presence in the U.S. Renowned for creating high-end beauty products, the massive cosmetics company employs over 1,000 people, spread across 180 boutiques in 30 states.
Facts About Working at L'Occitane
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at L'Occitane?)
Available Positions: Sales Associate, Assistant Manager, Store Manager
L’Occitane Job Opportunities
The cosmetics chain began in 1976 by founder Olivier Boussan, who started out selling rosemary oil to local markets. L’Occitane operates approximately 2,000 boutiques and employs over 5,000 workers, with products sold in approximately 90 countries. Applicants looking for jobs in entry-level retail work as associates with an established beauty and health chain find substantial pay with potential for bonuses. Workers also encounter employment benefits packages, including vast healthcare coverage, and other perks, such as discounts on products and competitive opportunities for advancement within the company. Employment for full-time career-seekers in managerial positions or in corporate offices provide significant salary options and the same job benefits entry-level associates enjoy.
Aside from retail and wholesale operations, L’Occitane boasts some of the finest boutiques where customers sample famous products as well as new launches, which facilitates the need for hiring on help. Providing courteous, professional, and personable care to customers remains pivotal for employment and often sought after during the hiring process. Passion for each specific product and enthusiasm regularly increases chances of employment, as well. Applicants able to differentiate between fragrances and product lines often leave lasting impressions with recruitment personnel.
L’Occitane Employment and Wages Information
L’Occitane products create harmony between the senses and customer preferences. The cosmetics company manufactures products using traditional methods, with natural and simple ingredients, primarily from Provence, which reflects the company core values of authenticity, simplicity, sensory pleasure, and respect for people of all cultures. Applicants must display positive traits and the ability to create desirable experiences for each customer. The major chain must hire for the following jobs:
- Most sales associates start on part-time bases until established as faces of the company.
- Workers should demonstrate high ethical standards, embody prosperity, and prove highly accountable for personal roles in brand success.
- On a typical day, a sales associate keeps a store neat, clean, organized, and well stocked.
- Workers must also maintain strong knowledge of entire product lines and demonstrate passion for customer service and selling.
- Hourly wages fall around $10.00 an hour at time of hire; however, pay rates may increase to $17.00 per hour for seasoned workers.
- Store managers represent the driving forces behind building brand awareness and the motivation behind sales associate success.
- Each store manager must also meet payroll budgets, manage scheduling, create action plans to achieve daily goals, employ effective oral and written communication, and adhere to company policies and procedures.
- An ideal store manager resembles a coach who inspires sales associates to perform well and build customer loyalty through excellent service.
- Most managers enjoy salary options ranging from $40,000 to $70,000 annually,
Tips For Applying
Preferred applicants for any store position must possess around a year of experience in retail environments with an emphasis on interactive customer service. Sampling various products before submitting hiring forms may increase brand awareness and provide opportunities to talk about company merchandise lines during subsequent interviews. Strong verbal skills and passion for the products underline important traits successful candidates generally possess. Specifying open availability to work evenings and weekends increases the likelihood of earning an interview, as well.
Job hopefuls may submit application forms online or in person to store managers. Consideration during the interview process normally takes a few weeks in total. Typically, store managers conduct interviews in person and, pending approval, district managers may place phone calls or schedule skype interviews to review candidates. Showing a strong desire to spread L’Occitane’s vision with follow-up calls and in-store visits increases the likelihood of consideration during the hiring process.
Benefits of Working for L’Occitane
Generous pay, product gratis, employee discounts, and bonus opportunities encompass portions of the work benefits enjoyed by all L’Occitane employees. The opportunity for growth adds to employment benefits packages available to store managers.
Eligible workers enjoy:
- Paid vacation
- Dental, and vision insurance
- Healthcare coverage, and 401(k) retirement plans.
Employee benefits eligibility vary by store, full-time status, time spent as an employee, and success meeting sales goals.
More Information on L’Occitane
L’Occitane acts as a global environmental steward and actively reduces company carbon footprints. Eco-friendly harvest of 300 naturally derived plants used in production of cosmetics protects the beauty and essence reflected in the vision of the company founder. Around 70% of all shipped products reduce pollution and CO2 emissions due to transportation via boat, rail, or electric truck, rather than shipping with air transport. The largest factory and store, located in Manosque, France, reduced electric consumption by seven percent and gas consumption by 19.4% between 2011 and 2012.