Launched in 1996, LOFT offers versatile clothing options for women. With a casual yet chic aesthetic, the moderately priced retailer creates plentiful customer service jobs. Full-time and part-time positions exist at the entry-level and in professional career capacities, as well.
Facts About Working at LOFT
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at LOFT?)
Available Positions: Sales Associate, Stock ssociate, Cashier, Assistant Manager, Store Manager
Printable Application: No. Search Job Openings or visit official site.
LOFT Job Opportunities
LOFT caters to female patrons searching for fashion-conscious looks and remains an affordable option for everyday clothing needs. Employees sell feminine apparel including tops, sweaters, jeans, pants, and jackets as well as choices for work and lounge settings. In addition, customers may browse maternity and petite attire, wide selections of shoes, and accessories, such as sunglasses, belts, and jewelry. The fashion retailer markets through approximately 500 stores. Locations operate in the United States, Puerto Rico, and Canada.
The company website describes the main quality LOFT seeks in potential employees as fit. The term refers to how well a worker suits the needs of the team, embodies the ideals of the business, and serves customers as a fashion and apparel consultant. Applicants should also enjoy fashion on a personal level and exhibit dedication to the industry. As of 2014, over 19,000 employees worked for the retailer.
LOFT Employment and Salary Information
LOFT applicants must stand at least 18 years of age. The large number of locations and recent growing success of the brand allow new job opportunities to continually occur. Most jobs accessible to entry-level workers exist in store sales settings. The following positions stand available for interested candidates:
- Contributing to the welcoming atmospheres the clothier provides for consumers, sales associates bear responsibility for customer interactions in LOFT stores.
- Employees must personably interact with patrons and offer relevant and encouraging fashion advice.
- Workers also handle cash transactions and stock shelves while maintaining the visual appeal of current displays.
- Usually a part-time position, sales associate jobs pay around $9.50 hourly.
- Candidates must possess high school diplomas or the equivalent and at least one year of previous service experience.
- After six months of work as associates, employees may gain promotion to sales lead jobs, which increase wages up to $12.00 per hour or more.
- A full-time leadership position, co-manager jobs involve working under store managers to propel sales and motivate team members.
- Professional employees must delegate responsibilities among workers and oversee daily operations to successfully implement promotion strategies for new merchandise.
- A relevant college degree and supervisory backgrounds in the service industry stand strongly preferred.
- Co-manager salary options normally hover around $40,000 annually.
Tips For Applying
Job hopefuls face positive outlooks for employment through LOFT stores. Applicants should wear presentable company clothing to the interview for improved prospects of hire. Interviewers often pose questions related to potential customer service situations and sales tactics to determine if candidates show creative thinking skills and understand the demands of the job. Awareness of modern fashion trends, personable demeanors, and aptitudes for customer service prove strongly beneficial characteristics for work aspirants.
Employment seekers normally apply for job listings online. Job search options allow users to sort posts by location and position type. Individuals may check on the status of the hiring form review process by phone or in person. Applicants typically hear back from a hiring manager within a month, with average response times falling between three days and two weeks.
Benefits of Working at LOFT
LOFT features competitive benefits for full-time employees. The company commits to high-quality work incentives, such as paid time off and short-term disability coverage. Vision, dental, and medical insurance options stand available, as well. In addition, workers may participate in 401(k) retirement plans. Full-time and part-time employees also enjoy 50% off of full-price merchandise and a 20% discount on sale items.
More Details on LOFT
LOFT stores operate as a division of the New York-based company ANN Inc., founded in 1954. The corporation also manages Ann Taylor, Ann Taylor Factory, and LOFT Outlet. The company remains committed to meeting the needs and supporting the values of the average American woman by inspiring individuals to look and feel great. ANN Inc. proudly endorses environmental consciousness, ethical business practices, community involvement, and charitable giving, including the Commitment to Action initiative centered on fostering younger generations of female professionals into the corporate business world.
i would really like to work at Ann Taylor Loft. It sounds like a great place to start with good people, and i can really use the money!:):)
The employee discount is 50% off full priced items…I currently work for LOFT.
Everette Martin says:
I enjoy working at Ann Taylor Loft, the clothes are beautiful, the people were great to work with. Just a great environment!!