Logan’s Roadhouse operates as a chain of American steakhouses offering rustic atmospheres and free peanuts while clients wait for food. The privately owned organization maintains more than 200 locations in roughly two dozen states and recruits new employees to prepare and serve food on a regular basis.
Facts About Working at Logan's Roadhouse
Hiring Age: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Logan's Roadhouse?)
Available Positions: Bartender, Dishwasher, Grill Cook, Expo, Host/Hostess, Meat Cutter, Salad Prep, Server, Server Assistant, Manager in Training, Assistant Manager, Manager, Accountant, Administrator, Human Resources Associate, Information Systems Associate, Purchaser, Trainer
Logan’s Roadhouse Interview Videos
Logan’s Roadhouse Job Opportunities
The steakhouse offers more than 50 entrees, and while entry-level employees need not possess prior restaurant experience, crew members must hone a comprehensive understanding of available menus to serve customers knowledgeably and confidently. Hiring managers often look for courteous and energetic personalities who boast strong work ethics. Part-time associates enjoy flexible work schedules at most locations, competitive base pay, and fun yet fast-paced work environments.
With frequent additions of entry-level team members, Logan’s Roadhouse must maintain quality management teams to supervise entry-level staff at each location. Many workers who start out with basic job titles earn advancement opportunities and build management careers at the popular steakhouse. Managers must ensure signature restaurants function at the highest levels of efficiency and quality possible at all times, which often requires overtime and long hours on foot. The company takes care of management teams by providing great training programs, solid employee benefits packages, and generous yearly salary options.
Logan’s Roadhouse Positions and Salary Information
Job seekers who stand at least 16 years of age may apply for a litany of entry-level positions, some of which include server, host, and dishwasher. Managerial candidates must typically meet age requirements of 18 or even 21 years old and possess restaurant and/or supervisory experience to earn hiring consideration. While many positions exist, Logan’s Roadhouse frequently fills the following job titles:
- Hosts greet and seat incoming customers in courteous and efficient manners.
- Associates must also ensure each guest receives a menu when seated.
- While the job description proves simple, hosts must understand restaurant layouts, seat patrons at manageable intervals for servers, and estimate wait times for guests during busy hours.
- Hosts also bring out to-go orders for waiting customers.
- With gratuity, hosts typically garner hourly wages between $7.00 and $10.00 per hour.
- The server job title revolves around greeting guests once seated, serving drink and food choices, and stocking items during pre-meal hours.
- Multitasking proves mandatory, as servers must consistently check back on customers to ensure satisfaction and correctness of meals.
- Servers often make hourly base pay between $2.50 and $4.00 with the opportunity to make gratuities, as well.
- After calculating tips, some servers make $12.00 to $13.00 per hour.
- The grill cook works one of the most important jobs in the establishment.
- Grill cooks must know each recipe and prepare ticket items to order, keep work stations stocked and clean, and prep select food items before busy hours.
- Associates must possess the ability to make creative food arrangements on plates, as well.
- Grill cooks must work on foot in high-temperature work environments for long hours at a time.
- Hourly wages typically land between $8.00 and $14.00 for Logan’s Roadhouse grill cooks.
- Logan’s Roadhouse hires managers to ensure smooth front and back-of-house operations.
- Duties include recruiting and training new workers, placing weekly product orders, and maintaining quality control of menu items and kitchen processes.
- Managers must also create employee schedules and provide superb customer service at all times.
- Additional tasks may revolve around communicating with the company corporate offices, implementing marketing strategies, and loss prevention.
- Upper-level managers receive salary options ranging from $35,000 to $55,000 annually, depending on job title and tenure.
Tips For Applying
Aspiring Logan’s Roadhouse workers must visit the company website to begin the online application process. After selecting suitable positions and locations of desired employment, future employees create a personal profile by selecting a username and password, submitting basic contact information, and completing an online questionnaire. Applicants may also need to yield information concerning availability, previous employment, and level of education on the application.
Most managers review applications and contact potential crew members by phone within a week or two of receiving hiring requests. Applicants eager to start work should follow up with Logan’s Roadhouse in person three to five days after submitting an application, if possible. Making a good impression proves paramount during follow up visits and future associates should wear business attire to demonstrate professionalism and desire for the job. Remain respectful when inquiring about application status and endeavor to choose slower business hours to visit stores in order to increase the chance of speaking with a manager.
Benefits of Working at Logan’s Roadhouse
Other than flexible schedules, advancement opportunities, and company-matched 401(k) retirement plans, eligible associates enjoy an array of employee benefits at Logan’s Roadhouse. Workers may qualify for job benefits such as:
- Dental and vision insurance
- Five days of paid time off every six months
- Basic life insurance, and
- Prescription drug plans.
Managers enjoy quality training programs as well, which includes hands-on learning experiences and coursework to give a comprehensive understanding of what the job entails. All employees also enjoy discounted meals and the dress code allows associates to wear comfortable jeans to work.
Additional Information on Logan’s Roadhouse
Logan’s Roadhouse recently released a mobile app for loyal customers to stay informed on special offers and important news. The app integrates social media sites such as Twitter and Facebook to increase customer interaction. Customers also obtain access to the restaurant’s menu and view balances on gift cards, as well. Free to download, the Logan’s Roadhouse app offers meal discounts to new users. Reviewers cite the app as convenient, useful, and fun. Workers looking for a job with an innovative company may begin the online application process conveniently via the career portals on the company website.