Louis Vuitton operates as a premier international fashion house. The monogramed logo of the designer serves as one of the most recognizable symbols in the industry. Job seekers often take advantage of the global presence of the brand and find work under the label across the world.
Facts About Working at Louis Vuitton
Minimum Age to Work at Louis Vuitton: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Louis Vuitton?)
Louis Vuitton Hours of Operation: Mon-Sat: 10:00am-8:00pm; Sun: 12:00pm-6:00pm
Available Positions at Louis Vuitton: Cashier, Sales Associate, Stock Associate, Assistant Manager, Manager
Louis Vuitton Employment Opportunities
Also selling clothing for men and women, Louis Vuitton remains most renowned for producing designer hand bags. Worldwide, the fashion house manages more than 450 locations, which provide ample career options for both entry-level retail jobs and professional in management, design, marketing, merchandising, and logistics. However, most of the opportunities available for individuals with little-to-no experience include part-time, entry-level sales positions. The average retail associate works 15 to 30 hours per week and carries out customer-centric job duties. Management teams employed to oversee operations generally consist of multiple opportunities, as well.
As a major name in the fashion retail industry, Louis Vuitton maintains locations in metropolitan and other highly visible areas. The chic, modern, and trendy atmospheres engendered by each store require associates with similar personalities. Personal interests in fashion, communication, and assisting others remain highly sought-after traits in future employees. Knowledge and respect of the long and storied history of the popular label, including product lines, key figures, and important dates, factor prominently into overall hiring decisions. Aside from passion for clothing and accessories, applicants should possess bright and extroverted personalities.
Louis Vuitton Pay Scales and Positions Information
The fashion chain requires applicants to stand at least 18 years old. Jobs feature fast-paced work environments, paid training, and access to designer clothing at discounted pricing. Part-time positions represent the most common availabilities with the retailer; however, full-time schedules for entry-level roles and managerial careers also remain accessible. The following list details consistently attainable Louis Vuitton jobs:
- The position primarily features part-time hours but wages well above standard minimum wage.
- On average, Louis Vuitton sales associates earn between $12.00 and $14.00 an hour.
- Job duties center on assisting customers, including recommending and highlighting merchandise, providing access to changing rooms, and issuing refunds or exchanges, if possible.
- Additional responsibilities range from stocking and organizing shelves to operating cash registers and completing transactions.
- Sales associates work on foot for long periods of time, often entire durations of given shifts.
- Experienced applicants may receive added consideration over other candidates during the hiring process; however, the fashion chain regularly hires on workers with no experience to fill available sales roles.
- Candidates must generally hold high school diplomas for employment consideration.
- Entry-level associates showing passion, dedication, and drive may advance into managerial careers.
- The fashion house consistently promotes from within and generously compensates managers with lucrative salary options and access to employee benefits.
- Most managers earn salary rates falling between $50,000 and $100,000 a year.
- Experience in the industry and with the Louis Vuitton label greatly influence overall annual earnings.
- Managers take responsibility for maintaining upbeat, energetic, and customer-oriented work environments.
- Driving sales, visual merchandising, taking inventory, and reporting profits to the company corporate offices represent a fairly typical cross-section of regular duties.
- Managers also perform hiring, scheduling, training, and disciplinary duties.
- Bachelor’s degrees in related fields, such as fashion or communications, regularly serve as minimum requirements for managerial jobs in addition to previous experience in leadership.
Tips For Applying
The hiring and application process for Louis Vuitton jobs varies slightly from other retail chains. The fashion house accepts both solicited and unsolicited applications online and in store. Workers who submit solicited applications usually constitute individuals who receive personal recommendations from current employees. The online process provides unsolicited job seekers access to hundreds of positions available around the world. Workers must create user accounts to access jobs unsolicited.
Employment hopefuls accessing retail jobs with the chain via solicited methods generally call or email corresponding store hiring managers to check on application status. Unsolicited applications allow for online follow ups. Workers may wait longer to hear back from hiring personnel regarding unsolicited, online applications than potential employees submitting hiring forms in person at store locations. Response time may take anywhere from a week or so up to three months.
Benefits of Working at Louis Vuitton
Louis Vuitton maintains a worldwide staff of more than 19,000 associates. To care for workers in various divisions of operations, the fashion chain provides exceptional employment benefits packages.
In addition to:
- Flexible scheduling options
- Competitive pay scales and chic
- Trendy job settings
- Eligible workers enjoy 401(k) retirement plans
- Paid vacation and holiday pay
- Medical insurance
- Life insurance and merchandise discounts
Specific job benefits and eligibility requirements may vary by position.
Further Details on Louis Vuitton
As a prominent, world-renowned icon in the fashion industry, Louis Vuitton promotes self-engineered styles. In order to further cultivate the styles, personas, and fashions for which the brand continues to gain notoriety, the international company provides educational courses for up-and-coming corporate professionals and designers. The designer partners with universities and businesses to provide learning experiences and apprenticeships to ready future career professionals in the industry. Most of the opportunities remain available primarily in Europe, specifically in France.