The expansive Love's gas station chain extends throughout almost 40 states and features 300-plus locations. Job opportunities remain highly accessible with the growing fueling station company, which boasts more than 10,000 careers in customer service and management.
Facts About Working at Love's
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Love's?)
Available Positions: Cashier, Gas Station Attendant, Cook, Shift Leader, Assistant Manager, Store Manager, Maintenance Technician, Administrative Assistant, Front End Clerk, Tire Technician, IT Store Support, Customer Contact Center Representative, Remodel Technician, Fuel Tax Analyst, Tire Service Technician, Tire Service Manager, CDL Delivery Truck Driver
Love’s Job Opportunities
Unlike many other commercial gas station chains, Love’s appeals to the casual traveler and seasoned trucking industry professional alike. The nationwide company operates large refueling facilities able to accommodate vehicles of all sizes, including tour busses and semi-trucks. Larger terminals also allow room for dozens of customers to peruse merchandise lines and purchase additional items, like snacks or drinks and souvenirs, for the road. Dozens of job opportunities open up at each filling station as a direct result of the all-encompassing business plans maintained by the chain. Hiring takes place consistently to combat high industry employee turnover rates and to better serve constant flows of customers.
Typical work settings feature bustling common areas where customers shop for goods and pay for fuel. Most entry-level employees work at checkout counters and attend to patron concerns, comments, and questions as needed. Entry-level associates usually carry out maintenance, sanitation, and stock duties in tandem throughout any given day. Positions available may incorporate mild lifting, bending, stooping, and pushing to complete job duties. Communication skills rank as the most important trait workers should possess in order to gain employment consideration. The ability to work flexible, and even irregular, schedules also greatly influences overall hiring decisions.
Love’s Positions and Salary Information
Despite irregular scheduling demands, Love’s gas station jobs feature flexible hours, competitive pay, and the ability to qualify for employment benefits. Full-time and part-time applicants may find viable options for work, with room for advancement into managerial or corporate careers. The fueling station chain must hire for the following jobs:
- An ideal job for entry-level employment hunters, the position of retail cashier requires no previous experience or work history.
- Applicants at or above the age of 18 may apply for the traditionally part-time role featuring starting pay around minimum wage and ranging up to $9.00 an hour.
- Full-time retail cashier roles also remain available. The opportunity requires individuals possess basic computer skills and the ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Retail cashier associates may need to lift or move up to 50lbs. of goods and should stand in good health at time of hire.
- Workers often fulfill restaurant server and food preparation duties at in-house delis operated in conjunction with Subway, as well.
- Love’s offers career seekers shift leader and store manager job titles.
- Applicants with some background in supervision or leadership roles and customer-centric attitudes perform well during interviews for available management jobs.
- Workers should possess the same physical stamina required of entry-level associates and the ability to lead, motivate, and staff successful retail teams.
- Hiring and training job duties remain integral to managerial opportunities in addition to inventory, maintenance, sales, and administrative tasks.
- Managers also need open availability and feel comfortable standing for long periods of time.
- The gas station chain imposes a minimum hiring age of 18 for managerial roles, as well.
- A typical shift leader earns between $25,000 and $35,000 a year, while annual salary options for store manager reach in excess of $50,000, on average.
Tips For Applying
The gas station chain historically seeks out individuals with family-centric values and excellent overall attitudes. Employees should embody positive, dedicated, and motivated personality types, with strong communication abilities and personal drives to succeed. During the hiring process, applicants should highlight personal qualities with anecdotes regarding family values and orientation in relation to the workplace. Individuals able to work effectively in team environments also stand greater chances of gaining employment.
After creating usernames and profiles, applicants may program the Love’s careers platform to continuously scan for related jobs based on personal search preferences. The online platform also allows individuals to apply directly for different positions at any gas station in the company network. Most prospective employees wait between a few days and two weeks to receive interview consideration. Contact desired locations via telephone or email after submitting hiring forms to check on the status of applications to further establish interest in available jobs. Large applicant pools may limit the flexibility managers possess to inform every candidate of hiring decisions. Following up to check on application status may prove advantageous in pursuing other jobs, if necessary.
Benefits of Working at Love’s
Flexible schedules and opportunities for career development make Love’s an ideal place of employment. Job benefits extend further to qualified, full-time team members and include company-matched:
- 401(k) retirement plans
- Healthcare options
- Paid holidays
- Life insurance plans, and
- Bonus incentives programs
The gas station offers weekly pay and regularly promotes from within, as well.
More Details on Love’s
Love’s family-centered values reach millions of customers. In addition to patrons, the gas station chain works directly with several charitable and non-profit organizations to promote wellness and community in service areas. The nationwide company offers donations of $2,000 or more directly to local charities to commemorate the opening of new locations. Seasonal fundraising campaigns generate thousands of dollars in benefit of charities like Children’s Miracle Network Hospital and United Way.