Lowe's is one of the world's largest home improvement retail chains in the world. The company operates over 1,800 stores and sells a variety of products, including hardware, appliances, paint, and more.
Facts About Working at Lowe's
Minimum Age to Work at Lowe's: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Lowe's?)
Lowe's Hours of Operation: Mon-Sat: 7:00am-10:00pm; Sun: 8:00am-8:00pm
Available Positions at Lowe's: Assistant manager, cashier, customer service associate, receiver, sales associate, store manager
Drive for Lyft! Call 855-407-9995 to apply
Lowe’s Employee Interview VideosListen to former employees discuss working at Lowe’s:
Employment Opportunities at Lowe’s
Common Tasks and Responsibilities
Most jobs feature some form of manual labor. Lowe’s employees help carry purchases to customer cars and move merchandise around the sales floor. Workers may also use heavy equipment, like forklifts and motorized carts, to retrieve items. Other common duties include restocking shelves and organizing backroom storage areas.
Strong Customer Service Skills
Workers help customers find power tools, hardware, and lawn and garden products. Associates must have strong communication and people skills to work at Lowe’s. Applicants with experience in retail sales and additional education typically find work in manager roles with the company.
Lowe’s Jobs and Salary Information
Lowe’s only considers job applications from workers 18 years of age and older. Candidates should be familiar with the industry in order to gain employment, but the company also hires candidates with little to no experience.
- CSA associates work as cashiers and earn around minimum wage to start.
- Over time, entry-level workers can earn promotions to lead cashiers, which typically brings an increase in pay.
- Employees process payments and returns using automated POS systems.
- The hardware chain looks for positive attitudes, good customer service skills, and the ability to work flexible schedules.
- Browse the Lowe’s cashier job description.
- Sales associates work in store departments helping customers with questions, comments, and concerns.
- Job hopefuls with backgrounds in power tools, hardware, or other specific areas do well in these positions.
- Sales associates may earn anywhere from $8.00 to $15.00 per hour.
- Take a look at the Lowe’s sales associate job description.
- Management teams recruit, train, and supervise crew members.
- Other duties include setting employee schedules, handling customer issues, and ensuring overall profitability of each store.
- Managers can earn starting salaries between $20,000 and $65,000 per year, according to job title, department, and previous work experience.
- Read the Lowe’s manager job description.
Tips for Applying
Job hopefuls can fill out paper forms in store or submit applications online. Applying on the company website can save a candidate time by allowing them to apply to multiple positions and locations at once. Turning applications in to stores lets job seekers speak directly with hiring managers and may lead to on-the-spot interviews.
Check current statuses on the company website by logging into previously created profiles. The retailer updates and informs candidates as their applications are processed. Job seekers can also visit a store directly to ask about the next steps in the hiring process.
Benefits of Working for Lowe’s
Both part-time and full-time employees enjoy:
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance options
- Paid time off
- Flexible scheduling
- Access to 401(k) retirement plans
In addition to paid training upon hire, eligible workers receive tuition reimbursement, scholarships, and access to ongoing education courses. Every employee receives discounts on merchandise.
Further Information on Lowe’s
The retail chain works with surrounding communities by encouraging workers to remain active and volunteer for local causes. Stores promote these charitable acts through the Lowe’s Heroes initiative. Projects include cleaning up area parks and helping out with disaster relief efforts.