Founded in Southern California in 1990, Lucky Brand Jeans consistently draws inspiration from the West Coast roots of the company. The denim retailer creates apparel inspired by the unique elements of SoCal culture and hires employees who embody the laidback image of the distinctive lifestyle.
Facts About Working at Lucky Brand
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Lucky Brand Jeans?)
Available Positions: Sales Associate, Assistant Manager, Manager, Designer, Accountant, Human Resources Associate, Marketer, Merchandiser, Technical Services Associate
Lucky Brand Jeans Job Opportunities
With an established presence in various types of retail outlets across the country, Lucky Brand Jeans attracts large numbers of shoppers and job seekers alike. The denim company oversees a retail chain of more than 200 locations and also sells branded apparel in a handful of department stores as well as online. To facilitate the continuous flow of merchandise from company to customer, the fashion retailer must hire a variety of workers responsible for ensuring product availability and helping shoppers make purchase decisions. At company-owned locations, hiring managers primarily recruit sales and support staff in addition to filling management positions when needs arise.
Typically regarded as entry-level employment opportunities, sales and support positions often make ideal jobs for relatively inexperienced workers. Though previous related experience serves as a basic qualification for successfully obtaining entry-level Lucky Brand Jeans jobs, the denim retail chain also bases hiring decisions on the personality and schedule availability of each applicant. However, entry-level job seekers with exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to work flexible hours enjoy the best chances of gaining employment, in most cases. For managerial candidates, previous retail experience in a leadership role generally ranks as the most important qualification.
Lucky Brand Jeans Positions and Salary Information
While entry-level store associates usually work part-time, management positions come with the possibility of either part-time or full-time hours. Regardless of job title, each available position features an age minimum of 18 years. Lucky Brand Jeans organizes the most commonly available jobs into the following categories:
- Sales positions come with a variety of responsibilities designed to create enjoyable shopping experiences for each customer.
- Associates in sales roles help determine the denim needs of customers and recommend products accordingly.
- Sales associates also perform cashiering and housekeeping duties as necessary.
- The part-time opportunity involves the use of proven selling techniques in order to achieve individually established sales goals.
- As a result, candidates with previous sales experience generally perform best during the hiring process.
- Lucky Brand Jeans sales associates typically earn attractive hourly pay rates of about $10.00 or $11.00.
- Primarily involved with planning and executing the layout of the sales floor, support personnel maintain the visual appeal of Lucky Brand Jeans stores.
- Workers employed in support positions ensure compliance with company merchandising standards at as many as three different locations.
- Overseeing and assisting with sales floor replenishment also ranks among the major responsibilities of support jobs.
- The ideal candidate possesses flexible schedule availability along with the ability to travel for work periodically.
- Previous retail experience related to merchandising or replenishment also serves as a prerequisite for obtaining support positions, which typically pay up to $15.00 an hour.
- Ideal for outgoing, results-oriented workers with extensive retail experience, careers in management demand the ability to handle customers and employees with equal levels of proficiency.
- Managers must deal with customer complaints and ensure the satisfaction of each shopper in addition to interviewing and hiring new associates, providing training and coaching to promote employee development, setting up work schedules for each staff member, and supervising entry-level workers on the job.
- Business-related tasks, such as analyzing financial reports and optimizing sales results also fall within the scope of standard managerial responsibilities.
- Like other major retail chains, Lucky Brand Jeans employs and pays managers according to a tiered system consisting of supervisor, assistant manager, and store manager positions.
- Supervisors and assistant managers receive hourly pay generally ranging from $15.00 to $20.00, while store managers often earn $60,000 or more in salary per year.
Tips For Applying
To apply online for employment, job seekers must visit the Lucky Brand Jeans website for career opportunities, choose available positions, and select the option marked Apply For This Job Online. The ensuing webpage initiates the creation of an online applicant profile. To save time and effort, job seekers may complete the initial phase of the application process by linking to preexisting social media profiles or uploading resumes. The rest of the process consists of an online form with sections for personal information, pre-employment questions, education and training, work history, and references. When responding to questions about schedule availability, applicants must keep the expectations of the employer in mind. The denim retailer requires entry-level candidates applying for part-time positions to remain available to work at least three days per week, including a weekend day, and to close the store at least once during the same timeframe.
If logging back in to the Lucky Brand Jeans careers website as returning users proves unsuccessful at revealing the status of submitted applications, job seekers may want to call or visit the applicable location to gather the desired information. Prospective employees should attempt to speak directly with a manager when asking questions about the application process. Following up in person often yields better results by giving applicants the opportunity to dress according to the image of the brand and demonstrate good fashion sense.
Benefits of Working at Lucky Brand Jeans
Inspired by the laidback culture of Southern California life, Lucky Brand Jeans offers casual work environments featuring dress codes centered on stylish denim. Store associates also receive discounts on merchandise. Additional employment benefits include:
- Life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Paid time off and supplemental maternity leave
- 401(k) retirement plans
- Profit sharing programs, and
- Healthcare coverage including options for dental and vision
Employees need to meet specific eligibility requirements before qualifying for certain job benefits.
Additional Information on Lucky Brand Jeans
Lucky Brand Jeans uses a variety of methods, like ripping and fraying, to create fashionable denim apparel with a distinctively vintage look. The vintage quality of the jeans also comes from hand-washing, patching, or even sanding the denim. In addition to jeans, the fashion retailer produces shirts and tops, bags, belts, hats, and shoes for men and women. The retail chain connects with customers not only by fulfilling the apparel needs of shoppers from head to toe, but also by reaching out to users of popular social media platforms. Adding the hashtag #LuckyYou to any picture on Instagram, for instance, automatically makes the photograph eligible for recognition on the Lucky Brand website.