With locations across Northern California, Lucky Supermarkets provides frequent opportunities for job seekers to find employment in the grocery retail industry. Each supermarket location employs entry-level and managerial associates to serve customers, stock merchandise, and maintain operational efficiency. The grocery store chain hires new employees via an application process that allows prospective workers to apply online for available Lucky Supermarkets jobs. Commonly listed vacancies feature a varied range of job titles complimenting the schedules and career goals of virtually any candidate.
Facts About Working at Lucky Supermarkets
Hiring Age: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Lucky Supermarket?)
Available Positions: Grocery Clerk, Service Clerk, Courtesy Clerk, Produce Clerk, Bakery Clerk, Bakery Sales Clerk, Service Deli Clerks, Meat Clerk, Meat Cutter, Seafood Clerk, Pharmacist, Pharmacy Technician, Senior Accountant, IT Quality Assurance Analyst, Developer, Leave of Absence and Accommodation Generalist, Accounting Clerk, Accounts Receivable Clerk, Property Management Clerk, Transportation Supervisor, Systems Administrator
Lucky Supermarkets Employment Opportunities
Always hiring, Lucky Supermarkets recruits job seekers dedicated to ensuring customer satisfaction to fill a variety of part-time positions and full-time career opportunities. The Bay Area chain of supermarkets hires associates of all skill and experience levels, from entry-level to career professional. Entry-level employees generally work part-time and take advantage of schedule flexibility, while full-time managers often enjoy complete job benefits as well as competitive annual rates of salary. Candidates become eligible for employment after reaching the age of 16 and filling out the job application form online.
Lucky Supermarkets offers a variety of jobs throughout a number of different in-store departments. Each department must hire entry-level sales associates and clerks responsible for carrying out specialized job duties, such as selling baked goods, slicing meat, or setting out produce. Entry-level employment opportunities also exist at the front-end of each supermarket, where grocery clerks and service clerks assist shoppers and handle purchases. The California-based supermarket chain also gives hiring consideration for management positions to experienced grocery store workers overqualified for entry-level jobs.
Lucky Supermarkets Jobs and Pay Info
Featuring competitive pay and many additional employment benefits, Lucky Supermarkets jobs prove equally suitable as supplementary work opportunities or long-term careers. The grocery store chain maintains safe and professional work environments in part by requiring each newly hired associate to pass a pre-employment drug test. Northern California residents looking for work should apply online for commonly available jobs, such as:
- Known as cashiers at other supermarket chains, grocery clerks facilitate sales by processing purchases and payments using cash registers located at checkout stations.
- The entry-level job also involves sales and stocker duties, such as publicizing storewide promotions and assisting with the replenishment of store sales floors.
- Grocery clerks look up prices and check the availability of products for customers, as well.
- Lucky Supermarkets typically pays grocery clerks up to $10.00 an hour.
- Entry-level service clerks also serve and interact with customers on a constant basis.
- Service clerk associates bag groceries and load vehicles for customers.
- Other job duties include cleaning up spills, restocking merchandise, and assisting shoppers as needed.
- Hourly pay for service clerks usually rests between $9.00 and $10.00.
- Managers work under various job titles, like department manager, assistant manager, and store manager, and often earn more than $45,000 in annual salary.
- The yearly salary options directly reflect the extent of managerial responsibilities, which include generating sales, setting budgets, hiring and developing employees, scheduling work shifts, and handling customer issues.
- Managers also oversee each store department and arrange sales floors attractively.
- Typically reserved for experienced grocery store workers, management vacancies often get filled through internal hiring.
- External candidates usually need to hold years of previous management experience.
Tips For Applying
The Lucky Supermarket application requires a minimum obligation of 60 minutes to complete. Applicants may save progress on the online documents to return at later dates without the risk of losing information. However, in order to save applications, candidates must complete an introductory section of the forms. Preparing details regarding employment and academic histories in addition to general contact information may reduce overall time commitments.
Hiring personnel take between a few days and a couple of weeks to review applications and call qualified candidates back about potential interests. Lucky Supermarkets may need more time to screen individuals in the running for managerial roles, with wait times on callbacks ranging between two and four weeks. Reaching out to recruitment officials via telephone or making in-person visits may result in having applications pulled for immediate review. Managers regularly offer status updates on applications and routinely address questions or concerns prospective associates hold regarding the hiring process and employment with the chain, in general.
Benefits of Working at Lucky Supermarkets
Employees at Lucky Supermarkets receive competitive and often lucrative pay as well as outstanding career advancement opportunities. The supermarket chain also extends job benefits like training and development programs to all associates. Qualified workers may access additional employment benefits, often including:
- 401(k) retirement plans
- Merchandise discounts, and
- Paid time off.
Eligible employees also take advantage of various health and welfare benefits.
More Details on Lucky Supermarkets
Lucky Supermarkets operates throughout Northern California as a subsidiary of Save Mart Supermarkets. The parent company acquired and revitalized the Lucky brand name in 2007 after the subsidiary underwent a rebranding campaign seven years earlier. In addition to hiring for standard grocery store jobs, each supermarket location offers employment at onsite pharmacies. The grocery retailer also hires qualified candidates age 18 or over to work at distribution centers and corporate offices.