Styled as lululemon athletica and known for selling yoga-inspired athletic garb, the apparel company runs retail stores across the world. Founded in 1998 and opening physical locations starting in 2000, the company runs over 200 stores, primarily in North America, which provide thousands of jobs.
Facts About Working at Lululemon Athletica
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Lululemon Athletica?)
Available Positions: Cashier, Sales Associate, Seamstress, Merchandise Handler, Assistant Manager, Store Manager,
Lululemon Athletica Job Opportunities
With a corporate emphasis on healthy lifestyles and proper health education, each store focuses operations on feeling good and living well. Employees must match the company credo and manifesto in order to gain employment. Applicants passionate about yoga, exercise, and healthy habits who enjoy both sharing and promoting such interests typically make ideal employees. Sales associates, called educators, inform guests on a variety of product lines and fitness equipment as well as the functionality of both. Applicants seeking fun, team-based employment with a focus on living well may find opportunity in both part-time and full-time roles. Workers should apply either online or with the hiring store of preference.
Store leadership opportunities exist for candidates seeking career-oriented positions with the fashion retailer. At lululemon athletica, professionals may find openings in a variety of supervising roles, such as key leader, assistant manager, and store manager. While entry-level roles as educators may require little-to-no previous experience, positions in management may entail further education, experience, and certifications. Promotions into corporate positions also exist in design, support center, and call center capacities.
Positions and Salary Information lululemon athletica
In order to work for the fashion retailer, applicants must hold high school diplomas or GEDs and stand at least 18 years old. Though no additional hiring requirements may prove necessary, candidates with backgrounds in retail, hospitality, or customer service may receive preferential hiring treatment. Also, applicants with knowledge in exercise and healthy living may also garner additional consideration in the following positions:
- An educator acts as a sales associate with the fashion industry retailer.
- Chief job duties include providing guests with knowledge about products, features, and benefits of company lines of merchandise.
- Employees also act as ambassadors of the company credo by demonstrating company culture and providing education to surrounding communities.
- Traditional duties include answering phones, assisting customers in selections, replenishing sales floors, utilizing point-of-sale systems correctly, and preparing special orders when needed.
- Educators must display passion, knowledge, and involvement in yoga or other fitness, health, or sports activities and should demonstrate a strong sense of style.
- Entry-level applicants should also work well in team environments.
- Working both full- and part-time shifts, including weekends, an educator typically earns nearly $13.00 an hour.
- Working as part of the inventory team and typically outside of normal business hours, an expeditor generally receives shipments and properly executes backroom work in an efficient manner.
- Employees must unpack, count, fold, size and place merchandise in displays as well as place overflow stock in proper storage areas.
- An expeditor must work well and perform manual labor, such as bending, squatting, and twisting repeatedly throughout a shift.
- Additional responsibilities may include stock replenishment, opening and closing preparations, and the completion of any other assigned tasks.
- An expeditor may earn up to $10.00 per hour.
- Supervisors and managers act as leaders for subordinate employees and play active roles in both administrative and sales roles with the retailer.
- For instance, a key leader acts as a floor supervisor and delegates work to entry-level employees.
- Job functions also include providing feedback to upper management about employee and customer needs.
- Assistant managers support store managers by ensuring positive guest experiences, profitability, and proper staffing.
- The overarching role of all managers includes developing leaders in every position, growing the business, and positively impacting the community.
- Key leader pay sits around $15.00 hourly, while an assistant manager may earn upwards of $40,000 yearly.
- A store manager may receive up to $60,000 annual salary.
Tips for Applying
When applying for work, candidates serious about fitness, yoga, and other exercise-based activities typically earn preference in hire. As sales jobs involve the education of guests in health and fitness practices, the company prefers individuals who understand personal growth and a desire to help others achieve goals. Applicants may apply either online or in store at a preferred location. When filling out applications online, candidates may choose to set up an account, which allows for multiple applications without needing to reenter information. Or, applicants may choose to upload hiring information via social media, such as Google+ or Yahoo! accounts. The time needed to complete the application may take up to fifteen minutes. Gathering any required information before starting may prove beneficial.
Applicants may expect to hear back from hiring personnel within one to three weeks after initial submission of applications. Common methods of getting in touch with successful candidates for interviews include both telephone and email. In order to show serious desire in working for lululemon, applicants may wish to call the store of preferred hire at any time before hearing back from the fashion retailer in order to check on the status of submitted applications. Candidates should delay at most a few days in order to allow for hiring managers to fully review all applications. Persistent but respectful contact with hiring managers may demonstrate serious interest in the position desired and may also determine priority of callback.
Benefits of Working at lululemon athletica
Working at lululemon athletica truly represents a lifestyle choice in addition to a standard paycheck. Employees cite exceptional pay rates, group commission structures, generous store discounts, and flexible scheduling. Additionally, eligible employees earn access to health benefits, retirement options, such as 401(k) retirement plans, and vacation time. The company encourages enrolling in gym, yoga, and other fitness facilities and may even reimburse such memberships and classes. The company also provides sick time, paid holidays, and other paid time off to qualifying associates.
Further Information on lululemon athletica
The fashion retailer pays special attention to sustainability around the world and sponsors a project called the Metta Movement. Considered a grassroots community philanthropy program, Metta Movement provides funds to stores, area managers, and the Store Support Centre and select ambassadors and suppliers to launch new or support already in motion projects contributing to social causes and the environment. Examples of projects supported include Tricycle Gardens in Virginia, which transforms abandoned urban lots into food sources, Room to Read, which established seven libraries in Cambodia where none previously existed, and Surfrider Clean Up in Palm Beach Gardens, FL, which cleaned up over 300 lbs. of debris in the Intracoastal Waterways.