A socially conscious company, LUSH sells make-up and luxury items made from organic products. Dedicated to selling merchandise not tested on animals, the retailer remains a growing industry trailblazer and requires full-time and part-time staff to fill employment opportunities.
Facts About Working at LUSH
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at LUSH?)
Available Positions: Cashier, Sales Associate, Stock Associate, Assistant Store Manager, General Store Manager
LUSH Job Opportunities
Conceived in the 1970s in Poole, England, the cosmetics retailer maintains an international presence. Entry-level and career-minded individuals alike may find work with the expanding company. Any previous employment experience in retail, customer service, or management affords job candidates preference during the hiring process. Additionally, knowledge of make-up, perfumes, hair care, spa products, or environmentally friendly ingredients and practices may result in favor for hire.
Individuals without formal education or job experience retain the option of starting fulfilling careers with LUSH. As a steadily expanding employer, the cosmetics retailer needs workers already familiar with store procedures and company policies to fill leadership roles, which the retailer regularly satisfies by promoting employees from within. To gain consideration for available jobs and promotions, candidates should demonstrate knowledge of and commitment to company values, such as the ethical treatment of living things, social consciousness, sustainability, giving back, innovation, and entrepreneurship.
LUSH Positions and Salary Information
Job seekers wishing to submit applications for available work must stand at least 18 years of age. Generally, positions require applicants to hold high school diplomas or the equivalent. Furthermore, any job hopefuls fluent in languages other than English may prove invaluable and earn additional favor during the hiring process. Regularly available positions include:
- Responsible for creating positive customer experiences, sales associates must remain friendly and upbeat in any given situation.
- Ideal candidates possess sales savvy, refined customer-service skills, and the physical ability to stand for entire shifts and lift up to 30 pounds.
- Available in a full-time or part-time capacity, the position of sales associate pays an average hourly wage of $9.00 to $10.00.
- Regular duties include greeting customers, replenishing stock, running cash register areas, maintaining product knowledge, contributing to sales goals, and performing any additional tasks as assigned by management.
- Similar to sales associates, floor leaders carry sales responsibilities while also performing managerial duties.
- Individuals passionate about customer service, able to multi-task, and show excellent prioritization skills make ideal candidates for floor leader jobs.
- Aside from contributing to sales and knowing enough about merchandise to answer customer questions, floor leaders perform product demonstrations and consultations, help train new staff, seek and give feedback to coworkers and managers, and grow knowledge of products and store functions.
- Floor leaders earn pay rates of $11.00 to $12.00 per hour.
- Generally, individuals interested in store manager positions must demonstrate an ability to lead teams and possess open availability for weekend, evening, and holiday hours.
- Job candidates should also hold previous, related employment experience, including five years of retail management experience.
- Full-time and intensive, store manager positions garner salary packages of about $55,000 to $60,000 a year.
- Job duties include responding directly and quickly to customer concerns and complaints, teaching store associates about products, motivating workers, contributing to sales goals, creating store contests and training programs, developing team members for leadership positions, using social media and community events to boost sales, and managing inventory and payroll.
Tips For Applying
Job hopefuls may check out the careers section of the LUSH website to browse available work opportunities. Candidates retain the option of filling out applications without creating profiles through the job hosting platform. The online application calls for personal information and employment history, which applicants may expedite by gathering the necessary information before starting. Additionally, individuals may upload resumes and write cover letters outlining supplementary information, such as career goals and availability. Applicants should check over provided information for accuracy and ways to highlight relevant skills and experiences.
Like other expansive retailers, LUSH experiences high rates of employee turnover. As such, job hopefuls should hear from hiring personnel within two to three weeks of submitting applications. Reaching out within a week or so gives applicants the chance to reiterate genuine desire for available work. Individuals maintain the option of calling stores, conducting in-store visits, emailing HR representatives, or any combination of follow-up methods to further express interest in employment. Follow-up communications should remain professional, polite, and respectful of the time of hiring managers.
Benefits of Working at LUSH
Along with competitive salary options and wages, LUSH offers standard and comprehensive job benefits to full-time and part-time employees. Most full-time employees enjoy
- 401(k) retirement plans
- Holiday pay
- Paid time off, and healthcare coverage
- Which includes dental and vision.
Associates generally stand eligible for performance bonuses, sick days, and 50% employee discounts.
More Information on LUSH
As an environmentally friendly company, LUSH takes sustainable business seriously. Company policies focus on packaging, waste, transportation, and energy. To keep packaging green, the cosmetics retailer forgoes wrapping whenever possible. Many bars of soap, body butters, and similar products come “naked,” which insinuates the lack of plastic wrap typically used in packaging. When products require packaging, the company eliminates waste by using only recycled, compostable, and biodegradable materials. To ensure company transportation impacts the environment as little as possible, the retailer uses fresh and local materials to make products and works with transportation providers using only ethically responsible fuels. The company also takes advantage of renewable wind and low-impact hydro energy sources to power manufacturing facilities, distribution centers, and stores.