Founded in Chicago in 1991, Maggiano's Little Italy serves classic family style Italian-American cuisine in nearly 50 locations nationwide. With such a defined and growing presence across the country, new jobs open with regularity and need filled with eager, customer-oriented employees.
Facts About Working at Maggiano's Little Italy
Minimum Age to Work at Maggiano's Little Italy: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Maggiano's Little Italy?)
Maggiano's Little Italy Hours of Operation: Sun-Thurs: 11:30am-9:00pm; Fri-Sat: 11:30am-11:00pm
Available Positions at Maggiano's Little Italy: Bartender, Waiter, Waitress, Hostess, Host, Cook, Prep Cook, Dishwasher, Assistant Manager, Manager
Maggiano’s Little Italy Job Opportunities
The Italian eatery provides the best absolute service for guests and treats each customer like family. Employees willing to display kindness, warmth, and attention to customer service generally find roles with Maggiano’s. The company operates on values focusing on fresh and homemade recipes while instilling a sense of belonging to both patrons and staff. An overarching philosophy of “we over me,” makes each day fun and special for both customers and workers alike. With such an atmosphere, potentials may find both full-time and part-time roles working in career-minded employment and entry-level positions designed to yield extra spending money or provide options for working through school.
Most entry-level positions with Maggiano’s require little-to-no prior restaurant experience in order to apply. Roles in the front-of-house, such as Maitre D, hostess, and foodrunner, earn training upon hire in order to learn basic job responsibilities before starting. Previous work experience may prove beneficial during the hiring process for roles requiring a little more restaurant know-how, such as server or back-of-house jobs like line or prep cook. However, candidates without work histories in the restaurant industry remain encouraged to apply. For supervisor and management roles, applicants must display at least two years prior experience in order to receive hiring consideration.
Maggiano’s Little Italy Positions and Salary Information
As most locations feature a bar and lounge area, applicants must stand at least 18 years old in order to apply for open positions with the Italian restaurant chain. Few other prerequisites typically stand in the way of hire for most entry-level roles, while managerial positions may necessitate both further education and experiences. The following roles open with frequency:
- Prospective employees regularly fill roles as table bussers and dishwashers for the Italian eatery.
- Responsible for clearing tables of finished dishes and silverware, the workers then wash dishes, glassware, flatware, pots, and pans, either by hand or with the assistance of industrial dishwashing machines.
- Additional duties include placing clean dishes and utensils in proper storage areas, maintaining kitchen work areas, equipment, and utensils in clean and orderly conditions, and sort and remove garbage as necessary.
- Dishwashers may earn upwards of $9.00 an hour and typically work part-time hours.
- A foodrunner remains essential to the operation of the restaurant chain.
- Assisting with bringing food to patron tables, a foodrunner typically remains the final person to see food in the journey from kitchen to table, which makes the employees essential in checking to ensure the order proves correct and meets company standards for presentation.
- Further functions may include aiding in cleaning tables, refilling customer drink orders, and keeping server areas clean and organized.
- A foodrunner may earn between $8.00 and $9.00 an hour and may share in server gratuities.
- Typically earning between $4.00 and $5.00 in hourly base pay, servers benefit from earning tipped wages, as well.
- Accountable for taking down and accurately conveying customer orders to the kitchen, servers must also remain outgoing, friendly, and personable in nature.
- Servers maintain high food quality standards, demonstrate firm knowledge of menus and current specials, and suggestively sell and upsell food and drink selections.
- Employees in server roles may benefit from prior restaurant experience; however, the Italian-American restaurant encourages all types of applicants for server positions.
Tips For Applying
Clicking Apply Now redirects aspirants to the corporate job portal after performing job searches on the company website. Applicants fill out profiles in order to apply for multiple jobs, if so desired. Candidates should put aside a half hour at minimum to fill out the initial profile. In order to speed up or streamline the process, gathering applicable hiring materials beforehand may prove beneficial. Once a profile exists, job seekers may apply for multiple positions with ease and check back with frequency in order to see when jobs fill.
Check on application statuses remains easy and straightforward after potentials create online profiles and submit forms. Simply login and check on available jobs and applications. For workers desiring to prove genuine desire in existing opportunities, calling, emailing, or visiting hiring locations directly may prove beneficial. Dress appropriately and attempt to speak directly with a hiring manager, if possible. Avoid peak restaurant hours and always remain respectful of managerial duties when seeking an audience.
Maggiano’s Little Italy Work Benefits
Maggiano’s offers both full-time and part-time workers job benefits. The extent of employment benefits available generally reflects the number of worked hours and tenure with the Italian chain. All workers enjoy competitive pay, frequent contests and bonus programs, and generous restaurant discounts. Eligible employees gain access to health care and dependent care flex spending accounts, employee assistance programs, and life insurance as well as medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug coverage. Most employees remain entitled to:
- Holiday pay
- Vacation time and paid time off
- While access to 401(k) retirement plans and
- Tuition assistance also prove available.
Supplementary Information about Maggiano’s Little Italy
The Italian-American chain of eateries offers diners unique takes on current recipes and links to social media through an online blog entitled The Chef’s Table. The restaurant offers readers current news on new menu items, how to prepare Maggiano’s dishes at home, and general cooking tips. Additionally, the blog shares favorite desserts, wine pairings, and stories about special restaurant events. Diners may also use the blog to sign up for the company e-Club and receive discounts on future dining experiences.