MaggieMoo's Ice Cream and Treatery, commonly called Maggie Moo's, operates as a notorious ice cream shop with a national presence. The franchised ice cream chain frequently seeks outgoing, personable individuals to join store teams. Job hopefuls need to possess upbeat natures and willingness to provide excellent customer service with each guest interaction.
Facts About Working at MaggieMoo's
Hiring Age: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at MaggieMoo's?)
Available Positions: Team Member, Shift Manager, Assistant Manager, Store Manager
Printable Application: Yes. Print MaggieMoo's application (PDF) or Search Job Openings.
MaggieMoo’s Job Opportunities
An award-winning ice cream shop, MaggieMoo’s remains well known as an ideal place of employment in the food service industry. As an innovative company credited as the inventor of the ice cream cupcake, ice cream pizza, and a host of flavors, the food retail chain always accepts new ideas and listens to employee suggestions and insights. In addition to listening to employees, the ice cream shop shows respect to workers by offering generous perks, such as flexible scheduling, food discounts, promotion opportunities, and an abundance of memorable work experiences. Philanthropic employees may take pride in the partnerships the ice cream shop holds with celebrities to raise money for local and national charities.
Each MaggieMoo’s operates as an independently owned franchise, with franchise owners in control of hiring processes. Applicants must contact individual locations for hiring consideration. Interested candidates may go online to locate specific stores and print applications. The simple application form asks for personal information like hours of availability each day, employment history, references, and education. The application also includes unique questions about dining experiences at the ice cream shop, favorite ice cream and mix-in combinations, and desire to work with the company.
MaggieMoo’s Employment Opportunities and Pay Scales
MaggieMoo’s offers rewarding careers for both entry-level workers and professional associates. The ice cream chain sets the minimum age for employment consideration for entry-level jobs at 16 years old. Job hopefuls usually need to reach the age of 18 years old in order to attain leadership roles. The following list details common jobs available and average pay scales:
Ice Cream Server
- Ice cream servers listen to customer orders and make desserts exactly to patron specifications.
- Essential duties include scooping and portioning ice cream and mix-in treats and then manually folding ice cream to create one-of-a-kind creations.
- In addition to making ice cream dishes, servers need to blend milkshakes and smoothies and create and decorate cakes and ice cream cupcakes.
- Ice cream servers may also need to work on cash registers to ring out guest purchases.
- Essential cashier duties include tallying up orders, processing payments, handling cash, and counting drawers after shifts.
- Open availability and the ability to stand and move around for an entire shift represent essential work qualifications.
- As a company committed to cleanliness and sanitation, the ice cream chain requires servers to exhibit proper hygiene and well-kempt personal appearances at all times.
- Ice cream servers usually start out earning minimum wage.
- Pay rates increase with experience.
- The next position above server, shift leader requires associates to monitor servers and ensure guest satisfaction.
- Shift leaders carry keys and perform opening and closing functions and hold cash accountability.
- In charge of team productivity, shift leaders train and coach associates on a one-on-one level.
- The position often requires shift leaders to assist team members with serving during rushes.
- Shift leaders generally earn between $9.00 and $10.00 an hour.
- Store managers oversee all store operations.
- Enforcing health and sanitation guidelines and ensuring customer satisfaction represent primary functions of the job.
- Labor management duties, such as screening and hiring associates and delegating assignments, also play a large part in job responsibilities.
- Managers work to increase sales through implementing marketing campaigns and promotional events, as well.
- In some cases, franchise owners double as managers.
- The typical salary for a store manager ranges from $40,000 to $80,000 a year.
Tips For Applying
Join MaggieMoo’s by submitting applications to nearby locations. The ice cream and dessert eatery accepts submissions from friendly, approachable individuals interested in gaining part-time or full-time employment in customer service. Applying in person remains the preferred method, as recruiters enjoy meeting the people behind submitted forms. Desirable traits include outgoing personalities, ability to handle stressful situations, and ability to multitask. Contenders should possess flexible schedules, reliable transportation, and some previous experience. When filling in submissions, job seekers should highlight skills related to the opportunities of interest in addition to educational backgrounds.
Turnaround times after submitting applications take about one to two weeks. For quicker updates, contenders should arrive during slower hours and request the status of application forms. Phone calls remain acceptable when trying to reach recruiters, as well. Prepared job hunters ask hiring managers questions about the company and job responsibilities. Furthermore, aspirants should stand ready to discuss experience and traits benefiting the success of MaggieMoo’s as a company. Hopefuls may apply in correlation with seasonal demands to increase the likelihood of consideration.
Benefits of Working at MaggieMoo’s
With each MaggieMoo’s location operating independently, franchise owners designate work benefits packages vary by store. Many locations offer packages including:
- Health benefits of flexible medical spending accounts
- Dental plans
- Vision coverage, and
- Life insurance.
Short and long-term disability coverage also frequently becomes available in job benefits packages. Franchise owners may offer 401(k) retirement plans to associates meeting certain age and experience qualifications. Interested applicants should check with a particular location to learn about the job benefits available.
Additional Information on MaggieMoo’s
Franchise-focused brand management company Global Franchise Group owns MaggieMoo’s Ice Cream and Treatery. The franchise conglomerate manages a range of quick-service concepts concentrated on desserts and snacks. Brands in the Global Franchise Group portfolio include Marble Slab Creamery, Great American Cookies, and Pretzelmaker. In total, Global franchise Group manages over 1,000 stores across more than a dozen countries. Headquarters for Global Franchise Group reside in Norcross, GA.
I have put in an application at the maggie moo’s in temple. went in to speak to the manager and was hopeing to get a call. if i got this job it would mean alot i am a very hard worker and i know alot of kids go into the stores i am such a kid person i would love to see the smile on there face when they pick out there favorite ice cream flavors!!!
I am a very active person and would love love love this job more than anything i am willing to work after schools and weekends! thanks for giving me the opportunity to fill this comment out!!