Opened in 1998, Mandalay Bay treats guests to relaxation and luxury entertainment experiences. Popularity of the Las Vegas getaway generates ongoing needs to fill open positions. Job seekers may apply online for entry-level and career-level employment. Over 7,000 employees work for the hotel.
Facts About Working at Mandalay Bay Resort And Casino
Minimum Age to Work at Mandalay Bay Resort And Casino: 21 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Mandalay Bay Resort And Casino?)
Mandalay Bay Resort And Casino Hours of Operation: Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Available Positions at Mandalay Bay Resort And Casino: Casino Team Member, Card Dealer, Assistant Restaurant Manager, Banquet Supervisor, Bus Person, Bartender, Porter, Cook, Front Desk Clerk, Guest Room Attendant, Housekeeping, Lifeguard, Lounge Server, Parking Attendant, Sales Associate, Poker Dealer, Slot Technician, Spa Attendant, Massage Therapist, Count Room Clerk, Pool Operations Manager, Surveillance Officer, Party Host, Hostess, Dancer, Model, Casino Accounting Manager, Executive Director Of Marketing, Cabana Host, Fountain Worker, Nail Technician, Naturalist, Fountain Worker, Master Cook, Telemarketing Specialist, Ticket Clerk, Wardrobe Supervisor, Wardrobe Seamer
Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino Employment Opportunities
Most available work at Mandalay Bay entails customer service and hospitality-related responsibilities. The establishment hires individuals with casual yet fun attitudes able to create hospitable environments. In order to maintain the leisurely nature of the resort, workers utilize resources to satisfy customer requests. Effective communication and problem-solving traits alleviate tension in stressful situations and prove useful on the job. Employment hunters possessing similar traits should consider filling out hiring forms.
Service-oriented work hopefuls readily find exciting full-time and part-time opportunities with Mandalay Bay. Many associates experience personal and professional development while performing daily job duties. Enhancement of traits and work ethics through employment with the company allows room for growth and advances career potential. Workers learn skills in establishing and maintaining effective relationships with staff and customers. Cultivation of organizational and multi-tasking abilities help staff members remain calm in fast-paced atmospheres, which remains beneficial in other industries.
Mandalay Bay Job Outlook and Salary Information
Beyond work in customer service fields, jobs may exist in security, housekeeping, restaurants, and table games departments. In order to receive consideration, candidates must possess interpersonal skills. Employees must maintain professional appearances and demeanors during shifts at Mandalay Bay. The following positions may interest applicants 21 and older with high school diplomas:
- Cage cashiers verify and accept multiple forms of payment to convert into playable tokens.
- Mandalay Bay takes several steps to prevent scammers from manipulating tokens or exchanging counterfeit currency.
- Cashiers record all transactions and information in computer systems and company logs.
- Balancing casino bank accounts, converting money into chips, and handling cash payouts require cage operatives to possess basic math skills.
- Cashiers also must relay general casino information upon request.
- Normal hourly wages range from $10.00 to $17.00 based on tenure.
- Hotel guests and vacationers receive warm welcomes from help staff.
- Hospitality associates coordinate and process itineraries for newly arrived visitors.
- Workers maintain knowledge of the area and orient travelers with services and facilities.
- Concierge make event, amenity, and restaurant recommendations based on visitor tastes, as well.
- Employees exhibit professional and helpful demeanors in fulfilling customer requests.
- Pay scales for concierge average out around $15.00 to $16.00 hourly.
- Lounge runners serve assigned areas with food, beverages, and applicable amenities.
- Couriers provide the highest levels of service and exceed expectations of guests.
- Lounge attendants monitor recreation pools and other areas to ensure safety and proper stocks of supplies.
- Due to the fast paces of operations, lounge runners must hustle and maintain physical conditioning.
- Area servers must also retain knowledge of refreshment offerings and effectively communicate with on-site kitchens and bars.
- Runners typically earn between $9.00 to $11.00 per hour; however, speedy and accurate service yields significant tips.
Casino Marketing Supervisor
- All aspects related to promotion and event coordination fall on marketing supervisors.
- The marketing department conducts meetings with staff and reviews information pertinent to current and future business.
- Promotion supervisors monitor staff interactions with guests to ensure satisfaction.
- Event coordinators conduct and/or monitor employee training and recognition programs.
- Marketing supervisors also interact with departments to guarantee excellent customer service and continued business.
- Salary packages range from $65,000 to $88,000 annually.
Tips For Applying
Mandalay Bay screens candidates before scheduling interviews. Applicants should reference instances of outstanding service feats on job applications and resumes. Marking open availability on application forms allows job hunters more flexibility in scheduling. Employment hunters should also demonstrate an understanding of roles desired and corresponding requirements.
Individuals may obtain application statuses through several methods. Calling, emailing, or visiting Mandalay Bay personally all yield desirable results. Serious applicants should dress formally during the interview process and subsequent visits to the hotel. Moreover, writing thank-you cards or emails demonstrates courteous personalities sought after by the resort.
Benefits of Working for Mandalay Bay
In addition to considerable pay, Mandalay Bay provides optimal job benefit packages to employees. Discounts on room rates, retail store purchases, and vehicle purchases help create work/life balance. The venue also gives show and concert tickets away as rewards to stand-out associates.
Furthermore, many full-time workers enjoy employment benefits, which include:
- Paid time off
- Paid vacation
- Healthcare coverage
- 401(k) retirement plans, and
- Medical insurance.
The resort and casino makes many guest amenities available to workers at reduced prices, as well.
Further Information on Mandalay Bay
Mandalay Bay expresses passion for service outside of the resort through philanthropic and sustainability efforts. Company-operated Three Square collects and distributes food to people in need. The resort contributes by preparing weekend meal backpacks and food bank deliveries. Workers volunteer by allocating bakery, produce, dairy, and non-perishable products, as well as ready-to-eat meals to nonprofit organizations. The hotel and casino donates clothing and toiletries to The Shade Tree, a 24-hour refuge for abused women and children. The shelter provides safety from street crime and domestic violence. 364 permanent beds provide nearly 80,000 nights of shelter each year.