As a major discount grocery retailer looking to grow across the Northeast Ohio region, Marc's continuously recruits and hires talented employees. The regional network of more than 60 locally owned and operated stores consistently offers employment opportunities appropriate for candidates at each career stage. Job seekers as young as 16 years of age regularly secure hiring consideration for entry-level positions without any previous work experience. The drugstore grocery chain regularly hires experienced, career-minded workers to serve as managers, as well.
Facts About Working at Marc's
Hiring Age: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Marc's?)
Available Positions: Cashier, Retail Clerks, Pharmacists, Clerical, Accounts Payable Associates, Manager, Store Manager, Assistant Manager, Pharmacy Technicians, Store Security, Health and Beauty Department, Produce and Grocery Department, Warehouse workers, Stock, Senior Public Relations Account Executive, Interactive Web Developer, Public Relations Account Supervisor, Driver w/CDL A License, PR Management Supervisor, Account Supervisor, Copywriter
Printable Application: No. Search Job Openings or visit official site.
Marc’s Job Opportunities
Prospective associates apply online for Marc’s jobs to start the hiring process. Entry-level candidates must complete the online job application form at the company careers page, while aspiring managers may send personal resumes electronically. The grocery retail chain hires employees to work either part-time or full-time. Like many other chains of supermarkets, Marc’s often reserves full-time status for managers and other senior associates, while entry-level employees frequently enjoy flexible, part-time work schedules.
The hiring of entry-level workers fills a wide range of jobs commonly available at Marc’s supermarkets. Entry-level positions feature job titles like cashier and stocker and generally only require applicants to possess strong customer service skills. The chain of discount grocery stores also hires entry-level candidates to work as clerks in departments such as health and beauty, produce, and general grocery. Hiring regularly takes place to fill management vacancies, as well. Managerial applicants typically need to possess proven management skills derived from extensive related experience.
Marc’s Employment and Pay Scales
Entry-level associates and managerial employees working at Marc’s enjoy pay scales on par with or better than the overall grocery retail industry. Workers also take advantage of employment benefits like flexible scheduling and unlimited career growth potential. Job seekers looking for competitive pay and attractive work benefits should apply online for the following positions:
- The position of stock associate demands good physical condition and the ability to carry heavy items frequently over the course of a given work shift.
- Stock associates receive and unload shipments of merchandise, organize and maintain store stockrooms, and move products onto the sales floor.
- Additional responsibilities include helping customers locate items and performing general housekeeping duties.
- Although sometimes physically demanding, stock associate jobs remain ideal for entry-level candidates looking for work experience.
- Stock associates typically earn between minimum wage and $9.00 an hour.
- Another entry-level position, cashier jobs necessitate possession of strong customer service, interpersonal, and math skills.
- Job duties range from operating cash register systems and collecting payments to answering customer inquiries and keeping checkout aisles stocked.
- Individuals with engaging personalities and professional appearances generally receive the strongest hiring consideration for cashier positions.
- Like stock associates, cashiers usually make as much as $9.00 in hourly pay.
- The management team at each Marc’s supermarket comprises an assortment of supervisors, department managers, and assistant managers reporting to a general store manager.
- Basic job responsibilities cover all facets of successfully running a multidepartment grocery store and include achieving profitability by maximizing sales while reducing costs, ensuring the cleanliness and attractiveness of sales floors, placing product orders, hiring new workers, and creating positive shopping experiences for customers.
- Managers also train and evaluate employees, take care of financial procedures like payroll, and supervise work shifts.
- Marc’s tends to hire managers with excellent social skills, effective sales abilities, and prior experience managing a drugstore, grocery store, or other retail outlet.
- Pay scales start around $10.00 per hour for supervisors and increase to $28,000 annual salary for department managers.
- Assistant managers receive annual salary options starting at about $35,000, while store managers typically make about $50,000 in yearly salary.
Tips For Applying
Candidates regularly spend 20 to 30 minutes filling out the Marc’s application, regardless of medium. The Northeast Ohio retail chain makes the employment documents available online and in store. Applications remain on file for 30 days, after which job hopefuls must submit new employment requests. The forms primarily ask for contact information and previous experience. A separate section appears for minors requiring the attention of parents or legal guardians.
The Marc’s hiring process only lasts a handful of days, in most cases, regardless of whether job seekers apply online or in person. However, if no real needs to hire on new workers persist, applicants may not receive contact from the retail chain for three to four weeks. Checking on applications rather than waiting for official contact from recruiters may expedite the process and lead to immediate review. Visiting locations in person often proves the most effective method to check hiring statuses. Making phone calls also plays out in the favor of candidates. Execute either practice during periods of slow business to avoid becoming a nuisance.
Benefits of Working at Marc’s
On top of competitive pay and flexible work schedules available to all employees, Marc’s provides managers and other qualified workers with additional job benefits, including:
- Medical and dental insurance
- Life insurance options, and
- 401(k) retirement plans with matching contributions from the company
Eligible associates also enjoy employment benefits like bonus opportunities as well as discounts on merchandise and prescription drugs. The supermarket chain enables entry-level employees to gain the knowledge and experience necessary for career advancement in the grocery retail industry, as well.
Supplemental Details on Marc’s
In addition to providing job seekers with employment, Marc’s provides shoppers with storewide discounts and deals. Each supermarket location includes a closeouts department featuring assorted merchandise priced as low as possible. Closeout items range from toys and gifts to car accessories and pet products, all available for less than the prices of the same merchandise at any other store. The grocery retailer also maintains in-store pharmacies offering immunization services and pet medications in addition to general prescription drugs. Courtesy counters offer money orders, phone cards, and postage stamps at each store location, as well.