Part of the United Supermarkets family of grocery stores, Market Street gives job seekers throughout West Texas and the Dallas-Fort Worth Area plenty of opportunities to find work. Each location within the ten-store supermarket chain serves as a one-stop shopping destination and always hires new employees to maintain the diverse assortment of departments and services offered. Ranging from entry-level team member positions to professional management careers, Market Street jobs feature the same variety as the products and amenities available in-store.
Facts About Working at Market Street United
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Market Street United?)
Available Positions: Cashier, Grocery Store Clerk, Wine Department Clerk, Night Stocker, Food Service Clerk, Baker, Cake Decorator, Produce Clerk, Checker, Market Cleanup, Sacker, Pharmacy Technician, Dish Retail Clerk, Bakery Department Clerk, Maintenance Technician, Dishwasher, Sales and Sampling Clerk, Assistant Service Manager, Service Manager, Meat Clerk, Meat Wrapper, Meat Cutter, Cleaning Specialist, Assistant Store Manager, General Store Manager
Market Street Job Opportunities
Accompanied by either part-time or full-time work schedules, team member jobs comprise the majority of positions most often for hire at Market Street stores. The Texas-based grocery retailer maintains successful operations by hiring dedicated team members to work as sackers, checkers, stockers, and clerks. While each entry-level job title comes with specific responsibilities unique to the position, delivering the best customer service possible remains the primary goal of all store associates. Job seekers lacking work experience but possessing sound customer service skills therefore often prove qualified for entry-level employment.
As workers gain experience in the grocery retail industry, careers in management frequently become more accessible. Managerial opportunities start with team lead jobs and extend all the way up to store director positions. Managers often work more than 40 hours per week in return for generous annual salary options and a wealth of employment benefits. In addition to general grocery store management, Market Street stores offer career possibilities in the area of pharmaceutical services. Just like retail management positions, pharmacy jobs typically require candidates to have previous related experience. Pharmacists also need to hold specialized certifications or licenses in order to work.
Market Street United Positions and Salary Information
While younger applicants often secure employment as checkers and sackers, a number of entry-level job openings and all managerial ones feature a minimum hiring age of 18 years. Many available jobs also require possession of a high school diploma or equivalent. Find out more about specific hiring requirements and qualifications by applying online for the following positions:
- Entry-level checker jobs involve the use of cash registers to ring up merchandise, process payments, and finalize sales.
- Checker employees also ensure the satisfaction of customers and perform basic housekeeping duties at the front-end of stores.
- Other job responsibilities include the fulfillment of sacker and stocker duties when necessary.
- Checkers and sackers typically work together to accomplish the processing and bagging of customer purchases.
- The positions feature hourly pay rates generally topping out around $9.00.
- Associates working as stockers must have the ability to lift as much as 80 pounds.
- The entry-level job also entails a wide range of physical movements, including bending, climbing, and squatting.
- Stockers perform such movements while carrying out basic job duties like transferring inventory from stockrooms to sales floors, putting items on the proper shelves, and taking care of spills.
- The position also involves some customer service responsibilities, as stockers occasionally need to help shoppers locate requested items.
- As with entry-level workers, stockers typically earn between $8.00 and $9.00 an hour.
- Frequently available night stocker positions may pay a bit more to compensate for the irregular work shift.
- Responsible for the performance of individual departments as well as the entire store, managers work to ensure storewide achievement of predetermined sales goals.
- Specific responsibilities range from ordering merchandise and maintaining proper inventory levels to coordinating promotions and setting budgets.
- Managers also interview and hire new team members, oversee the training and development of entry-level associates, facilitate high levels of worker productivity and customer satisfaction, and delegate daily tasks.
- Annual salary options generally fall between $30,000 and $60,000, with specific salary figures varying by job title and location.
Tips For Applying
United Supermarkets-owned Market Street United serves areas throughout the American Southwest. The multicultural surroundings require candidates with diverse backgrounds able to speak Spanish and provide excellent customer service. Applicants need the ability to meet patron demands and mesh well with others as well as perform manual labor and basic calculations at the register. Determine specific departments desired prior to filling out application forms. Choosing departments allows applicants to tailor hiring requests and concentrate on specific skills.
Candidates should expect the Market Street United hiring process to last between one and seven days. Most workers receive invitations to interview or even job offers before the need to follow up on applications becomes necessary. However, job hopefuls waiting more than three to five days should reach out to management to reiterate interests in positions desired. The online hiring platform requires individuals to create profiles, which offer real-time updates on statuses with the company. Employees may also call, visit, or email managers in charge of staffing to ask about ranks in applicant pools.
Benefits of Working at Market Street United
Furnished by the United Family of Stores, employment benefits available to eligible Market Street associates include a wide range of medical and financial perks. Healthcare coverage featuring dental and vision plans, life and disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts rank among the major job benefits offered to qualified workers. Many employees also enjoy financial benefits, such as:
- 401(k) retirement plans
- College savings plans and scholarship programs, and
- Paid vacation time.
Completing the online application form marks the first step in landing jobs that come with extensive work benefits.
Background Information on Market Street United
Serving as one-stop shopping destinations, Market Street grocery stores offer everyday items alongside specialty products like organic produce sourced from local growers and prepackaged gourmet meals prepared by professional chefs. Store locations also boast concierge services to assist customers in planning social events. The grocery retailer even hires registered dieticians who lead store tours that educate customers on how to shop for healthy foods.