Marshalls is an off-price department store chain, known for selling designer merchandise at lower prices. The retailer is owned by TJX Companies, which also operates similar chain TJ Maxx.
Facts About Working at Marshalls
Minimum Age to Work at Marshalls: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Marshalls?)
Marshalls Hours of Operation: Mon-Sat: 9:30am-9:30pm; Sun: 11:00am-8:00pm
Available Positions at Marshalls: Cashier, loss prevention detective, sales associate, store manager, warehouse associate
Marshalls Employee Interview VideosListen to former employees discuss working at Marshalls:
Job Opportunities at Marshalls
Working with Customers
With nearly 1,000 locations across the United States, Marshalls hires candidates to work in customer service and other similar positions. Applicants should enjoy fashion, work well in teams, and have friendly personalities.
What is Marshalls Looking For in an Employee?
The clothing retailer is constantly on the lookout for new employees. Workers should follow the company core values of workplace, community, environment, and responsibility. Marshalls offers various entry-level opportunities and also hires career-minded individuals for managerial openings.
Marshalls Positions and Salary Information
Team members should be caring, friendly, and confident while interacting with coworkers and customers. At least some high school should be completed before applying, even for entry-level openings. Previous knowledge in retail or interacting with the public is also helpful.
- Pay rates for sales associates begin at $8.00-$9.00 an hour.
- Everyday tasks include ringing up sales on the cash register, putting out stock, and working on displays.
- Prior experience in customer service is a plus but not necessary to qualify for the entry-level role.
- Read the complete Marshalls sales associate job description.
Loss Prevention Detective
- Employees working as loss prevention detectives tend to have good written and verbal skills, an interest in criminal justice, and the ability to work alone.
- Hourly wage starts at around $12.00.
- Some daily duties include performing security checks, conducting safety inspections, and developing ways to decrease theft.
- Warehouse associates must routinely lift, stand, and perform other repeated motions throughout their shifts.
- Duties include counting and sorting garments, unloading shipments, and using some basic mechanical equipment.
- Starting pay is around $10.00 per hour.
Tips For Applying
Applying through the corporate website is an excellent way to find employment. Candidates enter basic details like name, address, previous jobs, education level, and contact information. Profiles may be started and reopened at any point. Paper application forms can be turned into nearby locations, as well.
The entire hiring process may take up to three weeks. Candidates can sign in to created profiles on the company career site to check on current applications. They may also follow up in person or over the phone for an interview within a few days of applying.
Work Benefits of Marshalls
Eligible workers can receive:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurances
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plans
- Store discounts
- Paid time off in the form of vacation, sick time, and holidays
Retail hours lead to scheduling flexibility for part-time or full-time shifts during the day, evening, or on weekends.
More Facts about Marshalls
With stores across the globe, Marshalls is concerned about their carbon footprint. They reduce energy usage, lower fuel reliance, and consume less waste. Associates are involved in sustaining efforts through programs created to improve measurements and reporting, as well.
Seasonal Job Openings
Interested applicants may apply online with Marshalls to discover available seasonal retail jobs. With a large number of customers visiting stores for holiday shopping, the department store chain needs extra sales associates between mid-September and late January. Additionally, stores need seasonal stock associates to unload deliveries and put out merchandise. Seasonal employees typically make minimum wage but can also work more shifts, including overtime.