Marshalls is an off-price department store chain, known for selling designer merchandise at lower prices. TJX Companies owns this retailer, as well as the similar TJ Maxx chain
Facts About Working at Marshalls
Minimum Age to Work at Marshalls: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Marshalls?)
Marshalls Hours of Operation: Mon-Sat: 9:30am-9:30pm; Sun: 11:00am-8:00pm
Available Positions at Marshalls: Cashier, loss prevention detective, sales associate, store manager, warehouse associate
Marshalls Employee Interview Videos
Listen to former employees discuss working at Marshalls:
Job Opportunities at Marshalls
Working with Customers
With nearly 1,000 locations across the United States, Marshalls hires candidates to work in customer service, warehouse, security and management positions. People with friendly personalities who enjoy fashion and work well in teams thrive in these roles.
What is Marshalls Looking For in an Employee?
This company offers a variety of entry-level opportunities as well as managerial openings for career-minded individuals/ Hopefuls will have completed some high schools education before applying, and must follow the company core values of workplace, community, environment, and responsibility.
What is Marshalls Dress Code?
Marshalls requires workers to wear casual dress. They discourage wearing ripped jeans and active wear such as yoga pands and joggers. Employees should also avoid clothing with large logos, hoodies and open-toe shoes.
Marshalls Positions and Salary Information
All Marshalls team members should interact with cowerkers and customers in a caring, friendly and confident manner.Previous experience in retail or customer service is also helpful.
- Daily tasks include running cash registers, restocking shelves and clothing racks and setting up displays.
- Prior retail or customer service experience is hlpful but not essentaial..
- For more information, read the complete Marshalls sales associate job description.
Loss Prevention Detective
- The loss prevention detective role requires good written and verbal skills, an interest in criminal justice, and the ability to work alone.
- Duties include performing security checks, conducting safety inspections, and developing ways to decrease theft.
- Warehous associates repeatedly lift totes, boxes and merchandise throughout their shifts.
- Responsibilities include counting and sorting garments, unloading shipments, and using some basic mechanical equipment.
How Much Does Marhalls Pay an Hour?
- Marshalls offers different salaries depending on the type of work. Pay rates for sales associates start around$8.00 or $9.00 per hour. Warehouse workers make an hourly wage of about $10.00 while loss prevention detectives will earn roughly $12.00
How Do You get a Job at Marshalls?
In addition to turning in paper inquiries at nearby store locations, applying through the corporate website is an excellent way to find employment. Candidates can create an online account and, enter personal and contact information and fill out an application for the ob of their choice.
The hiring process for Marshalls may take anywhere from a few days to three weeks. Candidates can check the status of their application by logging in to their TJX company account. Within the month, Marshalls will follow up with a phone call to set up an interview.
Work Benefits of Marshalls
Marshalls offers a wide range of employee benefits such as:
- Flexible scheduling
- Medical, dental, and vision insurances
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plans
- Store discounts
- Paid time off in the form of vacation, sick time, and holidays
More Facts about Marshalls
TJX companies around the globe are committed to reducing their carbon footprint. This corporation has taken steps to cut down energy usage, lower fuel reliance and create less waste in their stores. Monitoring, measuring and reporting their impact on the environment led Marshalls to lessen their global GHG emissions by more than 30% by the year 2020
Seasonal Job Openings
During the holiday shopping season, the demand for sales and warehouse associated increases. From mid-September to late January, the Marshalls career page allows hopefuls to discover seasonal stocking and retail jobs. These minimum wage positions offer a variety of day, night and weekend shifts with plenty of overtime opportunities.