Stocking merchandise appropriate for home lounging, professional settings, and social occasions, maurices sells clothing for women ages 17 to 35. Boasting convenient locations and community-oriented values, the retailer offers substantial opportunities for employment in the U.S. and Canada.
Facts About Working at Maurices
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Maurices?)
Available Positions: Sales Associate, Key Holder, Merchandise Handler, Assistant Manager, Store Manager
maurices Employment Opportunities
Founded in 1931 in Duluth, MN, the fashion retailer continues to grow and search for new team members. Currently supervising over 900 locations, the company headquarters stand in Duluth and offer a number of managerial and other specialized internships to college students. Taking company core values very seriously, maurices expects all prospective employees to put customer needs first, listen to internal and external feedback, work in teams, practice inclusion, grow personally and professional, and enjoy each day at work. Individuals who feel able and willing to embody the principles of the company receive preference during application screenings.
Since maurices supplies clothes for women only, many entry-level, in-store positions fill with female applicants. Most merchandise remains available in both standard and plus sizes. The fashion retailer prefers to represent humans of all shapes and proportions. With a plethora of tops, pants, skirts, dresses, shoes, jewelry, fragrances, and other accessories, the company seeks potential employees with a penchant for compiling stylish and comfortable outfits for any body type and flair. Any knowledge of the fashion world and persisting trends also colors applicants more favorably.
maurices Positions and Salary Information
Prospective applicants must stand at least 16 years of age to apply, which makes employment at maurices an ideal first job. The fashion retailer boasts decades of business and continues to grow, so new job openings consistently remain available. Some of the most commonly obtainable entry-level positions include:
- Interacting with customers, working cash registers, and maintaining the overall presence of stores remain the primary duties of maurices sales associates.
- Interested applicants should possess the ability to work flexible hours, often including night and weekend shifts.
- Standing, bending, and performing repetitive tasks for several hours at a time and answering questions about fashion trends or specific merchandise in the store also prove fairly common on the job.
- Upbeat, goal-oriented, and patient individuals receive preference for the position, which requires constant communication and dealings with customers and calls for professionalism in various situations.
- Usually a part-time position, sales associate jobs pay minimum wage at start, though opportunities for monetary growth within the company often arise.
- Generally a full-time position which garners an hourly wage from $10.00 to $15.00 an hour, the position of assistant manager aids in the smooth operation of each store.
- The assistant manager position stands as a learning experience for employees interested in managing maurices stores.
- During any given shift, an assistant manager remains responsible for eight to 20 employees and must ensure each associate consistently works to reach sales goals.
- Additionally, an assistant manager maintains store visual displays, motivates team members, and addresses customer concerns in a timely fashion.
- Workers in the position may even conduct interviews for talent acquisition.
- Interested applicants must possess previous experience in a supervisory position.
Tips For Applying
While some individuals choose to fill out paper applications, maurices hosts an online forum where interested applicants may post resumes or CVs and browse available company jobs. Job seekers may expedite the application process by gathering information about previous work experience and references. Completion of submissions generally takes 10 to 15 minutes. Highlighting any past retail or customer service experience remains a great way to boast qualifications. Additionally, demonstrating knowledge of the fashion world and of the company may set applicants apart in terms of dedication and commitment.
As with many retailers, maurices contacts interested applicants within two to four weeks of submissions. Individuals reserve the option of monitoring job offers online; however, calling stores to speak with hiring managers also remains a beneficial option. Establishing proactivity through tenacious following up with hiring personnel sheds favorable light on applicants.
Benefits of Working at maurices
Community and people-oriented, the company provides generous employee benefit packages. Both full-time and part-time employees stand eligible for 401(k) retirement plans, 40-percent employee discounts, stock purchase plans, paid holidays and vacation time, and worker’s compensation.
In addition, full-time employees may opt into healthcare options, such as:
- Short-term and long-term disability coverage
- Dependent coverage
- Flexible spending accounts and life
- Dental and prescription drug plans
Bereavement pay, sick days, pet insurance, and tuition reimbursement also remain available to full-time employees.
More Information on maurices
Since the fashion retailer remains small-town oriented, the chain encourages employees to organize various philanthropic events within surrounding communities. In the past, maurices helped organize Relay for Life events to promote breast cancer awareness and research, ran food and toy drives, assembled care packages for American troops, and worked with nonprofit organizations to promote child safety awareness. The company donates approximately $85 million a year to humanitarian causes.