McAlister's Deli operates a chain of quick-casual restaurants offering made-to-order deli sandwiches. As one of the fastest growing restaurant brands in the country, the chain of delis continually seeks new talent to join the team. The restaurant chain accepts applications at all times and reviews every submission.
Facts About Working at McAlister's Deli
Hiring Age: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at McAlisters Deli?)
Available Positions: Host, Hostess, Team Member, Cashier, Shift Supervisor, Assistant Restaurant Manager, General Restaurant Manager, Catering Coordinator, Catering Manager, Franchise Business Development Director, Purchasing Director, Administrative Assistant, Purchasing President, Franchise Sales President, Director Of Marketing
Printable Application: Yes. Print McAlister's Deli application (PDF) or Search Job Openings.
McAlister’s Deli Interview Videos
McAlister’s Job Opportunities
Dedicated to employee satisfaction, McAlister’s Deli offers a friendly environment where associates enjoy going to work. Right off the bat, workers receive comfortable, trendy yet casual uniforms. Employees also enjoy reasonable work hours, which means no late nights or early mornings. The restaurant operates without the use of fryers, so crew members leave work without feeling greasy or smelling like fries. A smoke and alcohol-free environment keeps the atmosphere clean, healthy, and enjoyable for workers and guests alike.
In addition to enjoyable, empowering work environments, the deli offers excellent training programs, which help advance associates into higher positions. In many stores, franchise owners started out working at the front counter. No matter current job level, team members may access opportunities to move up within the company. The chain prefers to hire and promote employees who show drive and teamwork skills.
McAlister’s Deli Positions and Salary Information
As new locations open up, numerous entry-level positions become available with the restaurant company. The chain offers opportunities in both part-time and full-time capacities, with careers in customer care, food production, and management. Most job titles maintain a minimum working age of 16 years old. Management and driver positions may set higher age limits. The following list provides descriptions of common entry-level jobs with the restaurant and the average pay associates receive:
- Cashiers enthusiastically interact with guests.
- Key duties include taking customer orders and processing payments on POS systems.
- Thorough knowledge of restaurant menus remains essential to the job, as customers often inquire about menu items and ingredients.
- When not serving guests, cashiers assist in maintaining restaurant cleanliness.
- To succeed in the job, cashiers need to possess basic math and computer skills.
- Ideal candidates possess positive and helpful attitudes along with the desire to serve guests.
- An hourly position, cashier jobs pay about $8.00 per hour.
- Kitchen workers craft sandwiches and salads according to exact customer specifications.
- In charge of proper food preparation, kitchen crew members ensure the quality of meals and produce items quickly and efficiently.
- Kitchen workers also maintain food freshness by checking expiration dates and restocking items when necessary.
- Responsible for health and sanitation, kitchen employees must follow proper food handling guidelines.
- The restaurant chain prefers candidates with past deli experience but often hires fresh talent.
- Kitchen workers earn between $7.75 and $9.00 an hour.
- Often called runners, servers deliver food to guests and bus tables after diners leave.
- To ensure the accuracy of orders, servers frequently communicate with kitchen help and cashiers.
- Knowledgeable and friendly, servers answer questions about food, beverages, and the restaurant facility.
- Servers also cross train in order to perform other roles within the restaurant.
- Hourly pay for servers averages to about $8.00.
Catering Deliver Driver
- Catering delivery drivers transport large deli orders to customers in timely manners.
- Additional duties include taking orders via phone and online and packaging items.
- When needed, catering delivery drivers provide support to other roles.
- The restaurant requires drivers to possess working vehicles, vehicle insurance, and clean driving records as well as valid permits.
- Additionally, drivers need to meet the minimum age requirement of 18 years old.
- Catering delivery drivers make about $10.50 an hour.
Tips for Applying
McAlister’s Deli offers a paper application for job hunters to pick up at a location or print from the internet. Job seekers need to fill out the forms legibly and honestly, especially in regards to daily availability. Employment seekers should return the completed application to the location and try to personally hand the document to a manager. During the interaction with a manager, prospective employees should show positive, well-spoken manners and express interest in working with the company. An applicant should dress properly whenever going into the restaurant for employment-related reasons. When returning the application, the job hunter should prepare for the possibility of participating in an on-the-spot interview.
Checking on application status may help a job seeker stand out from the competition. McAlister’s Deli looks for committed associates, and checking on the application status shines favorably on applicants. Several days after submitting the application, call the restaurant and inquire about updates regarding the hiring status of the title sought. Inquire about the expected timeline for interviewing and hiring and reiterate desire to work for the chain. If necessary, call again if a week passes with no contact from the company. Persistent applicants often earn job offers from the deli chain.
McAlister’s Deli Employee Benefits
McAlister’s Deli believes in providing excellent quality of life for associates. Team members enjoy flexible work schedules and the ability to request days off. Workers also enjoy deep discounts on meals at company-owned restaurants. Qualified employees earn medical and wellbeing benefits, such as health, dental, and vision care plans as well as flex spending and EAP programs. The chain also provides coverage for short and long-term disability and life insurance. Understanding the importance of work/life balance, the company offers paid time off and vacation pay, as well. Financial planning assistance available supports future goals through 401(k) retirement plans with company match. Many locations operate as franchises, and job benefits as well as salary options may vary by location.
Other Information About McAlister’s Deli
The deli chain remains renowned for offering McAlister’s Famous Sweet Tea. Made from a secret recipe, the signature beverage includes a rainforest-certified black tea blend and pure sugar cane. To ensure freshness and flavor, the restaurant brews the tea several times a day. The restaurant suggests complementing meals with the sweet tea and offers unlimited free refills. Customers may purchase the popular beverage by the glass or by the gallon.