McDonald’s is the world’s leading fast-food restaurant chain. The company serves over 60 million customers each day in more than 100 countries.
Facts About Working at McDonalds
Minimum Age to Work at McDonalds: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at McDonalds?)
McDonalds Hours of Operation: Hours vary by location
Available Positions at McDonalds: Cashier, Crew Member, Maintenance Technician, Manager, Shift Manager
Drive for Lyft! Call 855-407-9995 to apply
McDonalds Employee VideosListen to former employees discuss working at McDonalds:
McDonalds Job Opportunities
No Experience Necessary
The company hires motivated individuals even if they have no prior food service experience.
Most commonly, entry-level candidates are high school students and young adults, although people of all ages are employed by the company. Experience in entry-level positions or demonstrated leadership ability may lead to future managerial roles.
McDonalds Positions and Salary Information
With over 30,000 locations across the world, McDonald’s employs 1.9 million workers. As one of the most recognizable companies in the world, job opportunities are constantly available.
- These vital associates keep restaurants clean and prepare all of McDonald’s menu items.
- They’re expected to greet customers with a smile, take accurate orders, and keep supplies stocked.
- Full time and part time depending on location
- Applicants must be at least 14 years of age, though operation of a cash register requires a minimum age of 16
- Due to the amount of responsibility required, shift managers need to be 18 or older.
- The starting pay rate is usually around $9.00 an hour.
- Take a look at the McDonalds crew members job description
- McDonalds often hires cashiers primarily to work front counters and taking orders.
- Cashiers serve customers, handle money, and sometimes man the drive-thru windows.
- The entry-level job typically pays around minimum wage.
- Read the McDonalds cashier job description
- The goal for shift managers is to make sure customers have a pleasant experience every time they visit McDonald’s.
- They are responsible for a wide range of duties, such as food safety, internal communication, and scheduling.
- This position provides 25 to 40 hours weekly, and salary packages of up to $26,000 per year.
- Browse the McDonalds manager job description.
- McDonald’s maintenance technicians are responsible for cleaning oil fryers and all food preparation equipment.
- These individuals also preserve the outside grounds, change light bulbs, and unload delivery truck shipments
- The hourly wage begins at about $10.00.
- Maintenance worker job description
Tips for Applying
The best resource to use when looking for a job at McDonald’s is the company website. This is where prospects can access a job portal which will assist them in applying for multiple positions. Many restaurants offer in-store paper job applications for those who may not have internet access.
Job Interview Status
Upon submitting a resume and application form, candidates can expect to hear back from the company within two weeks. Candidates will be contacted via telephone or email if they are chosen for interviews. The job portal is a convenient way to review the status of applications at any time.
Job Benefits when Working at McDonald’s
In addition to developing job skills, there are numerous employment benefits to becoming a McDonald’s employee. Workers enjoy:
- Flexible scheduling
- Educational assistance
- Cost reductions on both used and new cars
Additional perks include childcare discounts and decreased prices on menu items. Full-time associates can earn job benefits such as:
- Healthcare coverage
- Paid time off
- Access to 401(k) retirement plans.
Additional Background on McDonald’s
McDonald’s is a proud member of the White House’s Joining Forces Coalition. More than 100,000 career opportunities have been presented to veterans through the program. G.I. Jobs Magazine recognizes the company as a military-friendly employer.