McDonald’s is one of the world’s top fast-food restaurant chain. The company serves over 60 million customers each day in more than 100 countries.
Facts About Working at McDonald's
Hiring Age: 14 years old (How old do you have to be to work at McDonalds?)
Available Positions: Cashier, crew chief, crew manager, crew member, customer service representative, maintenance technician, night manager, shift manager
McDonald’s Employee Videos
Listen to former employees discuss working at McDonald’s:
McDonald’s Employment Opportunities
How Do you Apply for McDonald’s at 16?
In many cases, McDonald’s will hire promising candidates who possess little to no food service experience. Entry-level candidates are often high school students and young adults, but the company employs people of all ages.
Those looking for a job at McDonald’s can stop by their local restaurant or check out the company’s website.
McDonald’s Positions and Salary Information
What Jobs are Available at McDonald’s?
1.9 million workers enjoy McDonald’s careers at over 30,000 global locations. As one of the most prevalent companies in the world, jobs are always available.
- These associates keep restaurants clean and prepare all menu items.
- They are expected to take accurate orders and keep supplies stocked.
- Crew members can work both full-time and part-time.
- Applicants must be at least 14 years of age.
- Look at the McDonald’s crew members job description for more information.
- Cashiers work front counters and take orders from customers.
- They also serve dine-in customers and handle money.
- At times, these associate operate the drive-thru.
- Use of a cash register requires a minimum age of 16.
- Read the McDonald’s cashier job description.
- Their goal is to make sure customers have a great experience every time they visit.
- Shift managers are responsible for food safety, internal communication, and scheduling.
- This McDonald’s career provides 25 to 40 hours weekly.
- Workers need to be 18 or older.
- Browse the full McDonald’s manager job description.
- McDonald’s maintenance technicians clean food prep equipment, such as oil fryers and grills.
- These workers also preserve the outside grounds, change light bulbs, and unload trucks.
- More details are available in the McDonald’s maintenance worker job description.
How Much Do McDonald’s Employees Make an Hour?
The starting wage for McDonald’s workers varies based on their position. Crew members, maintenance technicians and cashiers typically earn about $9.00 to $10.00 per hour. However, shift managers or those in supervisor positions can receive salary packages of up to $26k per year.
How Do you Apply for a Job at McDonald’s?
Does McDonald’s have online application?
The company website is the best resource when looking for a McDonald’s job. The page has a career portal where prospects can search for open position in their area.Interested candidates can apply online for multiple positions.
Can you Apply in Person at McDonald’s?
Many McDonald’s restaurants offer in-store paper job applications for those who may not have internet access. Those looking to apply in-person can request an application at their nearest location.
Job Interview Status
Upon submitting a McDonald’s application form, candidates can expect to hear back from hiring managers within two weeks. Prospects are contacted via telephone or email if chosen for interviews. Job hopefuls can check the career portal at any time to review a McDonald’s job application status.
Job Benefits when Working at McDonald’s
In addition to developing job skills, there are other employment benefits to being a McDonald’s worker. Associates often enjoy:
- Flexible scheduling
- Educational assistance
- Cost reductions on both used and new cars
Additional perks include childcare discounts and decreased menu item prices. Full-time associates can earn job benefits such as:
- Healthcare coverage
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement plans
Additional Background on McDonald’s
McDonald’s is a proud member of the White House’s Joining Forces Coalition. The program has awarded over 100,000 career paths to veterans. G.I. Jobs Magazine recognizes the restaurant chain as a military-friendly employer.