"We make you smile," serves as the motto of Menchie's frozen yogurt shops. Offering a multitude of flavors and toppings in self-serve models the popular chain maintains over 350 locations across the country. Individuals seeking opportunities for both part-time and full-time employment with the specialty foods franchise may apply for available positions online.
Facts About Working at Menchie's
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Menchie's?)
Available Positions: Cashier, Team Member, Assistant Manager, Store Manager
Menchie’s Interview Videos
Menchie’s Job Opportunities
Menchie’s seeks fun, hardworking applicants eager to join upbeat teams of employees. The frozen yogurt group offers part-time jobs and full-time career opportunities on a regular basis. Entry-level workers typically fill part-time job openings, while managerial candidates often prove eligible for full-time careers. Upon securing employment with the frozen yogurt entity, entry-level and managerial associates alike enjoy generous pay, schedule flexibility, and several other job benefits.
With such a wide-range of locations across the country, Menchie’s serves as a leader in self-serve frozen yogurt franchising. Entry-level applicants usually work as team members and land jobs despite possessing limited experience. Candidates with proven experience in hiring talented associates and overseeing successful restaurant and retail operations generally make ideal managers. Both positions feature high levels of customer interaction, so positive attitudes and smiling faces remain valuable commodities for employees.
Menchie’s Jobs and Pay Scales
The specialty foods chain hires both entry-level workers and full-time career-oriented professionals. Entry-level employees typically work part-time and complete tasks over various shifts. Upper-level jobs often require managers to work 40-plus hours a week. Menchie’s regularly hires on new associates to fill the following job titles:
- Sometimes called “Mixologists,” team members represent entry-level job opportunities within Menchie’s.
- Team members often perform several duties, including prepping toppings, stocking supplies, greeting customers, taking orders, cashing out completed purchases, and maintaining restaurant cleanliness.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to take direction as well as work effectively in team environments help identify strong workers.
- Team members typically earn hourly wages of between $8.00 and $9.00 an hour.
- The opportunity to move into shift leader positions remains a strong possibility for employees showing dedication, flexibility, and strong leadership skills.
- Management positions include shift leader and store leader.
- Shift leaders lead by example, maintain positive work attitudes, demonstrate professional behavior, and aid in the development of team members.
- Store leaders oversee and implement marketing techniques to drive sales as well as continually invest in the training and growth of all team members.
- Applicants with previous experience in retail or restaurant management may meet minimum hiring requirements put forth by the company.
- Pay rates depend on title, with shift leaders making between $9.00 and $10.00 an hour.
- Store leaders may receive annual salary options between $30,000 and $35,000.
Tips For Applying
Candidates looking for work with Menchie’s Frozen Yogurt should automatically prepare to qualify for interviews prior to submitting applications. Most aspiring employees receive invites to interview within a few days, as the company hires workers with or without experience and considers wide varieties of backgrounds. When applying, job hopefuls should focus on availability and ready feasible schedules in order to gain preferential treatment from management. Applicants should also possess bright, personable attitudes and strong desires to serve others.
The Menchie’s online submission manager emails confirmations to applicants upon receipt of hiring forms. Most restaurants reach out to job hopefuls in some manner, regardless of interest in the workers. At most, frozen yogurt employment hunters wait a week to hear back from the popular chain. Some candidates cite follow-up communications taking place within 24 hours. Submitting applications onsite often expedites the process. The shortened time tables largely negate any need to call, visit, or email desired storefronts to check on hiring statuses; however, individuals who wait more than 48 hours should reach out to management in order to demonstrate continued interest in working for the chain.
Benefits of Working at Menchie’s
Employment benefits often vary by franchise location. Associates at most locations take advantage of employee benefits like competitive pay, free or discounted products, flexible hours, and reduced or paid uniforms. Managers and other eligible workers typically enjoy additional job benefits, which may include:
- Paid vacation and sick days
- Healthcare coverage, and
- 401(k) retirement plans.
Additional Information about Menchie’s
In 2013, Menchie’s featured on Emmy-award winning CBS television show “Undercover Boss.” Cameras followed CEO Amit Kleinberger as he experienced every level of business while disguised as a worker. Kleinberger worked entry-level positions throughout the company in order to better understand employee and customer needs. The experience allowed the executive to make minor changes throughout the organization to help improve employee relations, as well as appreciate what makes the brand special.