Emerging from humble beginnings in 1931 in Santa Monica, CA, Merle Norman remains a family-run legacy in the beauty industry. The North American company offers varied make-ups, skin care, and fragrances for both men and women in addition to meaningful employment in various capacities.
Facts About Working at Merle Norman Cosmetics
Hiring Age: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Merle Norman Cosmetics?)
Available Positions: Cosmetic Sales Associate, Beauty Sales Consultant, Stylist, Cosmetologist, Key Holder, Assistant Salon Manager, Salon Manager, Assistant Spa Manager, Spa Manager, Quality Assurance Manager, Marketing Manager, Financial Analyst, Business Analyst, Pricing Coordinator, Human Resources Associate, Human Resources Manager, Account Coordinator, Account Executive
Merle Norman Job Opportunities
Merle Norman develops, manufactures, and distributes products numbering in the hundreds throughout the approximate 2,000 brand name studios throughout the United States, Canada, and Mexico. Utilizing state-of-the-art technology, the self-named company boasts formulations, sometimes years advanced of competitors. Employee dedication to the original company vision of superior products, individual service, and the “Try Before You Buy” philosophy positions the cosmetic studios for continued expansion. Job seekers may readily find employment opportunities across operations as the cosmetics retailer grows, including work in individual retail stores and as representatives in major department stores.
Franchised out to entrepreneurs, each independently owned and operated cosmetic studio provides customers with experiences similar to none. Studios feature beauty consultations and makeovers performed by well-trained associates pertaining to personal application of in-house products, which reveal the quality of the beauty line along with proper methods to achieve prime results. The most common job opportunities available center on the consultation and makeover services provided by the cosmetics company. Unique offerings of products and services represent driving factors in ongoing hiring needs, which facilitates widespread access to entry-level jobs and professional careers. Applicants must demonstrate knowledge of the cosmetics industry and align with the company mission and values in order to gain employment.
Merle Norman Employment and Wages Information
Building brand loyalty through premium products and quality service hinges on the work of passionate employees. Customers relish in the unmatched care provided by staff members. Accomplishing such milestones requires the desire to succeed, teach, and perform for customers. Applicants interested in partaking in the daily operations of a pioneer company may consider applying for the following positions:
- Beauty consultants represent the core of the Merle Norman workforce.
- Knowledge of products as well as effective product applications establishes solid customer bases for continual growth.
- Applicants must possess friendly and knowledgeable personalities for hiring consideration.
- Interpersonal skills also represent ideal traits due to regular communication with customers.
- Signature makeovers and complimentary professional makeup services highlight some of the daily responsibilities maintained by beauty consultant workers.
- Normal pay rates range from $9.00 to $11.00 per hour for full-time beauty consultants; however, hourly wages may increase to include annual salary options with tenure.
- Fulfilling careers await consultants with ethics for hard work, dedication, and passion.
- Consultants receive acknowledgements for accomplishments unparalleled by similar beauty salons.
- Infinite room for growth in Merle Norman studios remains possible for each employee, as franchise owners personally conduct studio business affairs.
- Store managers oversee daily operations in studios, including ordering shipments based on customer preferences, describing new product lines to consultants and clients, and general maintenance of store cleanliness.
- Average salary options for store managers range from $65,000 to $70,000 annually.
Tips For Applying
Highly valued by the cosmetics firm, brand awareness communicated through personal use of products bolsters potential for hopeful applicants. Strong product knowledge and endorsement during application and initial interview processes increase likelihood of hiring consideration. Experience performing professional makeovers remains thoroughly encouraged, although not a requirement. Applicants ages 16 years and older may apply.
Typically, the interview process takes anywhere from a couple days to two weeks. Follow-up calls and in-store visits prove the most effective methods to check on the statuses of outstanding applications. Applicants should convey desires to join existing teams of brand representatives with follow-ups soon after submitting hiring forms. Developing friendly relationships with beauty consultants during in-store follow-up visits factors in personal aspects of abilities and character within the team-oriented franchise, as well.
Benefits of Working for Merle Norman
Flexible schedules, low-stress environments, and personable clientele and colleagues highlight only a fraction of the work benefits received by employees. Great compensation, product discounts, healthy competition, and personal growth example others. Overall, workers enjoy fun settings providing customers with great products and services.
Workers may also receive:
- Healthcare coverage,
- 401(k) retirement plans,
- Life insurance options, and paid time off.
Extra Information on Merle Norman
With headquarters located in Los Angeles, CA, Merle Norman sponsors several non-profit groups, charities, and the extra-curricular activities denomination of University of Southern California. Donations to the Galen Founders, scholarship programs, and retaining membership in Conquest Supporters of the University band remain priorities of the company. Involvement in the Exceptional Children’s Foundation serves children and adults with special needs, along with funding the Coronary Care Unit for St. John’s Hospital in Santa Monica, CA.