Merry Maids consistently receives top awards for personalized house cleaning and maid services thanks to the efforts of hardworking employees. Over 1,300 franchise and corporate-owned locations across the United States hire dedicated associates to help provide world-class cleaning services.
Facts About Working at Merry Maids
Minimum Age to Work at Merry Maids: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Merry Maids?)
Merry Maids Hours of Operation: Mon-Fri: 8:00am-4:30pm
Available Positions at Merry Maids: Residential Cleaning Specialist, Commercial Cleaning Specialist, Receptionist, Administrative Assistant, Inside Sales Representative, Outside Sales Representative, Quality Control Associate, Quality Control Manager, Assistant Manager, General Manager, Call Center Representative, Financial Analyst, Company Accountant, Scheduler
Merry Maids Job Options
Dedicated employees make the lives of customers easier by offering expert house-cleaning services customized to client specifications. Detail-oriented cleaning methods using environmentally friendly cleaning products keep homes and apartments clean and fresh to deliver maximum client satisfaction. Associates work together as members of teams to fulfill regular daily cleaning needs as well as more intense projects requiring special attention.
In order to deliver the award-winning services customers expect, workers use company-provided equipment and cleaning supplies to vacuum, dust, and wash specified rooms within client homes while paying close attention to detail and using efficient cleaning techniques. The work atmospheres foster friendly teamwork and allows associates to build client relationships based on trust and respect. Merry Maids encourages career growth by rewarding hardworking, dedicated associates with promotions and professional advancement opportunities.
Merry Maids Employment Opportunities and Wage Info
Individuals looking for financially rewarding part-time employment or full-time jobs in the maid services or hospitality fields may find promising careers at Merry Maids franchise locations or corporate centers. Job seekers stand encouraged to apply for the following entry-level positions:
- Merry Maids housekeepers represent the company while providing professional cleaning services to residential customers.
- Responsibilities during a typical work shift may include preparing and loading company-provided cleaning tools into vehicles, driving to work sites, using equipment such as mops, brooms, vacuums, dusters, sponges, and towels to clean rooms, scrubbing hard surfaces on hands and knees, thoroughly detailing corners, baseboards, and light fixtures, and handling special requests.
- High school diplomas stand required, and candidates for the position must hold valid driver’s licenses and know how to use basic cleaning equipment.
- Workers who exhibit strong communication skills and the ability to endure physical labor for extended periods of time tend to excel in the role.
- Housekeepers generally earn pay rates close to $10.00 an hour.
- Drivers shuttle workers to and from customer homes and apartments to perform house cleaning services.
- In addition to transporting housekeepers, drivers help open and close branch locations, wash towels, care for company equipment, tackle logistical issues, assign house cleaning teams and other drivers to appropriate vehicles and routes, and keep track of service records.
- Applicants must possess driver’s licenses with clean records and high school diplomas or GEDs.
- Drivers earn salary packages starting at $11.00 per hour.
- Necessary skills include motor vehicle operation, the ability to follow directions and read maps, familiarity with streets, traffic laws, and driving regulations of assigned routes, and time management abilities.
Tips For Applying
Interested applicants may submit employment inquiry forms by filling out personal details on the corporate Merry Maids website in order to receive information about available job postings via email. Online application forms also exist on local franchise websites which require candidates to complete more detailed entries and upload resumes. Prospective workers may additionally apply in person by going to local branches and asking to speak with management. Applicants should incorporate keywords from job descriptions into personal resumes and dress professionally when interacting with hiring personnel.
The hiring process generally takes upwards of a week, since most Merry Maids locations require potential associates to undergo background checks before hire. While managers determine applicant eligibility and review submissions, candidates may wish to follow up in order to check on the status of applications. Individuals may call or email local franchise centers or conduct in-person visits to ask about applications face-to-face.
Benefits of Employment at Merry Maids
Merry Maids provides employees with unique work benefits, such as on-the-job training, the opportunity to work with a respected, growing brand, and chances for career advancement. Associates enjoy friendly work atmospheres and housekeepers earn generous commission from cleaning homes. Eligible employees may also receive additional job benefits such as:
- Healthcare coverage
- 401(k) plans, and
- Paid time off.
Additional Info about Merry Maids
The prominent cleaning service engages in charitable giving and community service by supporting the American Heart Association. Each February, the company matches 100% of employee donations to the association. Certain franchise locations also provide customers with piggy banks to collect spare change for additional donations. The maid service company also supports heart health education, and encourages employees and customers to actively participate in heart-healthy activities.