Mobile devices and data plans remain affordable at MetroPCS, where customers benefit from services with no annual contracts. The company operates under T-Mobile, which employs nearly 40,000 workers and continuously seeks energetic and determined new hires to fill entry-level positions.
Facts About Working at MetroPCS
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at MetroPCS?)
Available Positions: Customer Service Representative, Sales Associate, Technical, Part-Time Sales Associate – Spanish, Account Service Representative, Cell Technician, Assistant Manager, Store Manager, Project Engineer, Desktop Support Technician, Technical Support Analyst, Marketing Analyst, Business Analyst, Financial Analyst, Inventory Associate, Human Resources Associate, Human Resources Manager
MetroPCS Job Opportunities
Full-time and part-time openings exists in numerous practices and departments within the company. Retail, customer service, sales, technology, and corporate associates gain hire, provide differentiating skills, and offer varying levels of education and experience. While retail sales positions remain the most tangible jobs for new-to-the-industry hires, management or customer service positions may prove feasible for qualifying applicants, as well.
Candidates seeking positions allowing flexible work schedules and industry training may find success pursuing employment at MetroPCS. In addition, employees may gain generous pay offers and job benefits. Employees working in commission-based opportunities also receive approximately 35 percent of sales based on monthly quotas. Job hopefuls may begin the application process by accessing the form online using the company website job portal.
MetroPCS Positions and Salary Information
MetroPCS typically hires applicants standing at least 18 years old. Most positions require some customer service background. Younger candidates with little experience may gain employment in retail sales positions, where training and experience may lead to management positions, as the company enjoys promoting from within instead of outsourcing for candidates. Customer service representative positions may require more niche experience, such as previously working in call centers. A list of openings frequently available to job seekers includes:
Retail Sales Associate
- Customer-centric and sales-oriented attitudes prove necessary for employees filling retail sales associate positions.
- Candidates must prove capable of meeting all patron needs, building a rapport ensuring business retention, supporting co-workers when necessary, and maintaining a strong knowledge of company products and services.
- Training in and studying company policy may prove necessary for employment.
- Job hopefuls must provide computer and communication skills, prior customer service and sales experience, and high school diplomas or certifications of equivalent education.
- Retail sales associates generally receive pay between $8.00 and $14.00 an hour.
- Focusing on generating positive results through inspiring leadership, store managers take responsibility for hiring, scheduling, and training employees, marketing products and services, preventing loss, and promoting team work.
- Store managers guarantee team members build strong relationships with customers by setting ideal examples.
- In addition, the job calls for associates capable of maintaining a clean and organized store and meeting and exceeding sales goals.
- Qualifying potentials should offer basic computer and communication skills, leadership abilities, and high school diplomas.
- Hiring personnel may regard bachelor’s degrees as preferential, as well.
- Store managers may receive annual salary pay between $20,000 and $50,000.
Customer Service Representative
- A problem solver and source for customer inquiries, a customer service representative answers phones daily and provides patrons with billing resolutions, clarifications, and fixes product or service issues.
- Strong interpersonal and listening skills prove key characteristics candidates should possess.
- Customer service representatives should meet department productivity and quality standards, ensure customer retention through outstanding services, and provide availability to work evenings and weekends.
- The position may also require new hires complete training programs implemented to teach about systems and products, and develop worker skills to maintain consistent company values throughout all locations.
- One year of prior call center experience, computer literacy, and high school diplomas may prove necessary for hire.
- Customer service representatives may receive wages up to $13.00 an hour.
Tips For Applying
Upon accessing the company job portal, users may gain insight into employment with the mobile service provider. To browse employment openings, job hopefuls must click the Apply Now box on the side of the page to redirect to the T-Mobile listings. After selecting an opportunity of interest, the application process may begin. Applicants may choose to apply using autofill information provided through social media accounts or with a profile built using the site. Submission of a resume and cover letter may prove required to continue with the process. Potentials should craft hiring documents to the position description as well as gather previous work and education information prior to beginning the form to ensure the process runs smoothly. Paper applications for in-store positions may prove available for attainment during in-person visits to retail locations, as well.
Upon application completion, potentials often must take job skills assessments requiring between 40 and 70 minutes to complete. The test requires applicants use computers with soundcards, web browsers with pop-up blockers disabled, and testing locations free of distractions. The assessment must receive completion within seven days of application completion in order to receive consideration. Applicants must also comply with and pass a pre-employment background screening before receiving employment offers. Time between completion of applicant forms and job offers may range between one week and three, depending on the timely completion of all hiring requirements and tasks. If contact does not occur for applicants, inquiries within stores or via phone to human resources may prove beneficial. Job hopefuls may also choose to apply for additional positions online to ensure consideration occurs for the most appropriate position for which candidates match job descriptions with hiring credentials.
Benefits of Working at MetroPCS
Industry exposure through training and mentoring occurs for MetroPCS employees. Workers also enjoy competitive pay, advancement opportunities, and potential eligibility for job benefits packages. Employees gain access to:
- Health and welfare plan options
- Paid time off for vacation
- Holidays, sick, and personal days
- Income protection
- 401(k) retirement plans, and
- Generous phone purchase plans.
More Information on MetroPCS
MetroPCS and T-Mobile connect employees nationally through the use of outlets such as Instagram and Twitter. Workers use the hashtag #BeMagenta to create a pool of photos taken and tweets posted during work hours, conventions, and coworker bonding experiences. The effort allows employees to connect on a nationwide level and patrons to gain a sense of personality from the company.