Established in 1981, Michael Kors features specialized sports apparel for fashion-conscious women. The luxury company also offers menswear, shoes, watches, and accessories. Widespread operations in more than 40 countries provide abundant retail job opportunities in store outlets.
Facts About Working at Michael Kors
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Michael Kors?)
Available Positions: Sales Associate, Stock Room Associate, Key Holder, Merchandise Handler, Assistant Store Manager, General Store Manager, Brand Manager, Assistant Designer, Designer, Merchandising Manager, Visual Merchandiser, Web Designer, Cost Accountant, Merchandise Coordinator, Planner, Payroll Administrator, Systems Analyst, Production Coordinator, Operations Coordinator
Michael Kors Job Opportunities
Michael Kors carries the name of the award-winning, New York-based fashion designer who serves as Chief Creative Officer and Honorary Chairman of the company. The eponymous designer regularly expresses interest and passion for service as a way for aspiring fashion workers to gain experience and industry connections. In the early years of the new millennium, the innovative company began operating a line of successful boutique-style outlets presenting sophisticated aesthetics. The boutiques remain sought-after destinations for fashion-minded job seekers looking to gain experience in the industry and passion for service in multiple capacities other than just at the retail level.
The wide variety of merchandise available through the retailer generates significant business. Workers need to consistently fill positions to continue the high trends of sales. Employees work as a team to sell primarily female-marketed items such as dresses, skirts, tops, purses, high heels, and pumps. Striving to blend classic and modern appearances, Michael Kors offers jobs with unique, stylistic appeal for capable and fashion-forward applicants. Successful workers clearly and appealingly explain the benefits and details of apparel sold in store.
Michael Kors Jobs and Salary Information
Michael Kors provides numerous possibilities for employment in stable work environments featuring competitive pay rates. Many listings prove available in a variety of job contexts. Applicants may also choose to submit resumes online for general consideration, rather than applying for a particular listing. Employment opportunities exist in full-time, part-time, and seasonal capacities. Entry-level positions include:
- Sales assistants work in a support capacity to sales associates to ensure the smooth functioning of retail affairs.
- Duties include replenishing clothing and other items on the sales floor, performing stock checks for customers, and unpacking and folding clothes as needed.
- Customer service operations, particularly register functions through Point-of-Sales systems, remain a major priority for staff members.
- Entry-level sales assistants make an hourly wage of around $9.00.
- Fulfilling the most immediately crucial role in bringing in company revenue, sales associates drive teams to meet selling goals and amplify work performance.
- The primary duty of the personable workers includes helpful, one-on-one interactions with clientele leading to purchases.
- Focused on lasting customer relations, employees also post sale details, such as shipping and alterations, to follow up on transactions.
- As customer satisfaction with stylish apparel proves vital to sales, Michael Kors expects associates to keenly monitor market trends and maintain thorough and up-to-date knowledge of the fashion industry.
- Sales associate pay hovers around $11.00 per hour, on average.
- Stock associates maintain desirable retail environments.
- Documenting inventory, performing shipping and receiving duties, and carrying out maintenance of stockrooms and selling floors comprise usual tasks of stock workers.
- Cashier responsibilities, such as handling cash or card transactions and dispensing receipts, may also fall on stock employees on a situational basis.
- Stock associates typically earn up to $14.00 an hour.
Tips For Applying
Applicants should dress professionally for interviews and demonstrate personal fashion awareness by wearing Michael Kors clothing, if possible. Hiring managers search for individuals able to drive sales and productivity while adhering to the established corporate model. Candidates displaying personable and outgoing demeanors and presenting attractive and appropriate resumes generally gain top consideration for hire. Pre-interview research about company policies, merchandise, and stylistic tendencies may prove beneficial, as well. As a general rule, job seekers should expect to undergo at least two interviews. The American clothier usually restricts available jobs to applicants 18 years of age and over.
Though some job seekers submit hiring forms to the company in person, a majority of workers find open positions online. Work hopefuls may apply through the careers page of the company website. Search factors include keywords, departments, and locations to narrow queries to more specific job titles. Candidates follow up through email or phone calls as well as in-person visits. The hiring process takes anywhere from a single day to several weeks, depending on the volume of applications and the immediacy of employer staffing needs.
Benefits of Working at Michael Kors
In addition to valuable fashion retail industry experience and sales training, Michael Kors offers several job benefits to eligible full-time employees.
- Workers gain access to medical, vision, and life insurance, disability coverage plans, and paid time off.
- Many employees also enjoy flexible hours and, in some cases, sales commissions on top of base pay.
- 401(k) retirement plans stand available, as well.
- A 50% discount on merchandise remains an attractive draw for aspirants, regardless of full-time or part-time status.
More Details on Michael Kors
Working in conjunction with actress Halle Berry, Michael Kors heads the philanthropic Watch Hunger Stop program. Supporters donate monetary contributions through an online page dedicated to the cause. The company also offers the 100 Series watch for sale. For every timepiece sold, the trendy clothier provides 100 meals to undernourished children worldwide, with an overall goal of 10 million meals delivered through the program.