Mimi's Cafe offers a French-inspired dining experience and depends on employees to create the innovative menu items and maintain the unique atmosphere of each restaurant. With a growing presence in more than 20 states, the restaurant chain provides employment to job seekers across the nation. Each location must regularly hire entry-level associates as well as various managers.
Facts About Working at Mimis Cafe
Minimum Age to Work at Mimis Cafe: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Mimis Cafe?)
Mimis Cafe Hours of Operation: Sun–Thurs: 7:00am-10:00pm; Fri-Sat: 7:00am-11:00pm
Available Positions at Mimis Cafe: Bartender, Waiter/Waitress, Experienced Food Server, Hostess, Cook, Prep Cook, Experienced Line Cook, Busser, Dishwasher, Assistant Manager, Kitchen Manager, Restaurant General Manager, Area Coach
Mimi’s Cafe Employment Opportunities
Typically filled through the hiring of entry-level job seekers, hourly roles available at Mimi’s Cafe include positions ranging from host and server to dishwasher and line cook. Host and server jobs entail assisting and interacting with customers at the front of the house, while dishwasher and line cook positions involve kitchen duties performed in the heart of the house. Entry-level applicants secure employment with the French-themed restaurant chain not necessarily by having prior experience, but by demonstrating energetic personalities and professional attitudes throughout the hiring process.
While inexperienced workers as young as 16 often qualify for certain entry-level positions, job seekers pursuing restaurant management careers need to meet additional hiring requirements. Mimi’s Cafe requires each managerial candidate to hold a high school diploma, with preference given to applicants holding college degrees. Managerial job openings also demand multiple years of restaurant management experience, preferably attained in full-service, casual-dining environments. As many locations serve customers from multiethnic backgrounds, the restaurant chain frequently prefers to hire managers with bilingual skills in English and Spanish, as well.
Mimi’s Cafe Jobs and Salary Information
Featuring either part-time or full-time hours, Mimi’s Cafe jobs offer schedule flexibility and opportunities to work during breakfast, lunch, or dinner shifts. The restaurant chain supports the professional growth of employees and often reserves the entry-level management position of shift leader for current associates. External hiring also takes place for the following jobs:
- Host positions represent the first step down the career path for many restaurant professionals.
- Job duties range from greeting customers and making table assignments to cleaning the dining room and distributing menus as well as eating utensils.
- Hosts work closely with servers to make sure each section of restaurant dining areas receives a relatively equal number of customers.
- Applicants with friendly and engaging personalities typically make ideal hosts.
- The entry-level job pays roughly minimum wage.
- Line cooks work under the supervision of the kitchen manager and carry out a number of important responsibilities vital to the culinary success of the restaurant.
- Getting ingredients ready, following recipes, using kitchen equipment to prepare menu items, and ensuring the attractive presentation of plated food make up a majority of duties attached to line cook jobs.
- Line cooks also work with dishwasher associates to keep kitchen areas clean.
- Pay rates for line cooks may run as high as $13.00 or $14.00 an hour, depending on location.
- Server jobs entail constant interaction with customers, as workers perform duties like promoting new or special menu items, taking down food and beverage orders, bringing meals to the table, and checking in periodically to make sure guests remain satisfied.
- Servers also work as cashiers and process sales transactions at the conclusion of each meal.
- Employees use interpersonal and multitasking skills continuously throughout work shifts.
- Candidates applying for server positions must also prove capable of learning and memorizing the restaurant menu in order to promote items and assist customers more effectively.
- Servers usually earn between $2.00 and $5.00 per hour in addition to gratuities from customers.
- Featuring job titles ranging from shift leader to general manager, the restaurant management team includes workers with varying levels of experience and responsibilities.
- Each manager participates in daily activities designed to increase the sales, control the costs, enhance guest services, and ensure food quality for each restaurant.
- As a whole, the management team interviews and hires hourly associates, trains employees to abide by company guidelines, orders food and supplies to maintain inventory, creates staff schedules, and works toward achieving total guest satisfaction.
- Managers also review financial reports, execute marketing programs, and complete other tasks related to the business side of overseeing a restaurant.
- Pay scales start around $15.00 an hour for shift leaders and range up to $60,000 in annual salary for general managers.
Tips For Applying
Job seekers pursuing managerial employment at Mimi’s Cafe may complete the application process online. After identifying a suitable vacancy at the company Careers website and clicking on the button labeled Apply for this Position at the bottom of the job listing, prospective managers encounter the application form. The online form includes sections for email registration, personal information, education, employment history, resume attachment, and professional references. Uploading a resume or connecting to a personal LinkedIn profile automatically populates many of the required fields on the application and streamlines the process of filling out the form.
Unlike managerial candidates, entry-level applicants must contact the nearest restaurant location to inquire about currently available jobs. To make the best and most comprehensive first impression possible, applicants should stop by the restaurant in person rather than obtain the desired job information by phone. Job seekers should dress up in professional attire, visit the restaurant in between peak dining hours, and request a short meeting the with manager in charge of hiring. In addition to asking about current job openings and completing an application form, candidates should use the time to make a personal introduction and give a brief summary of qualifications as well as concise explanations of why the employment opportunity generates excitement or fits within long-term career goals.
If necessary, about a week or two after completing the application process, job seekers should consider following up with Mimi’s Cafe to indicate continued interest in the position sought. While follow-up contact may occur either over the phone or in person, following up personally gives applicants another opportunity to demonstrate initiative, speak with a manager directly, and make a more striking impression. Whether speaking with the manager on the phone or in person, candidates should simply reiterate enthusiasm for the job and ask about the expected timeline for reviewing applications. Job seekers opting to follow up in person should make every effort to display a professional appearance when visiting the restaurant.
Benefits of Working at Mimi’s Cafe
Working at Mimi’s Cafe gives associates plenty of opportunities to take advantage of valuable employment benefits. The restaurant chain offers hands-on training programs designed to support the career advancement goals of entry-level and managerial workers alike. Professional development comes with the potential for additional job benefits, as employees in leadership roles often enjoy perks like:
- Medical insurance
- Paid time off, and
- 401(k) retirement plans.
Additional Information on Mimi’s Cafe
Inspired by traditional French dining customs, Mimi’s Cafe strives to emulate a classic Parisian bistro. The menu features distinctively French dishes like bouillabaisse, coq au vin, and quiche Lorraine. Each location also boasts a dash of French flair in the architecture, as the restaurant chain designs the cafes to capture the same ambiance as charming chateaus. In addition to offering catering and to-go services, the restaurant chain regularly comes up with promotions to celebrate major French holidays, such as Bastille Day. Like any authentic French dining establishment, each cafe maintains a full selection of red, white, blush, and sparkling wines, as well.