Mobil operates as part of global oil company ExxonMobil, which dominates a large share of the U.S. gas station industry and provides thousands of employment opportunities to interested job seekers.
Facts About Working at Mobil
Minimum Age to Work at Mobil: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Mobil?)
Mobil Hours of Operation: Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Available Positions at Mobil: Gas Station Attendant, Maintenance Technician, Assistant Manager, General Manager, Process Technician, Electrician, Instrumentation Technician, Laboratory Technician, Machinist, Mechanic, Production Technician, Administrative Assistant, Accountant, Business Analyst, Financial Analyst, Human Resources Coordinator, Human Resources Manager
Mobil Employment Opportunities
A typical Mobil gas station employee works part-time and carries out remedial, entry-level tasks. Applicants should possess excellent stamina and sound customer service skills, as job settings require moderate physical labor and regular interaction with the general public. Many of the positions available at the average gas station also require sales of company products, including oils, filters, and replacement car parts. Some basic knowledge of automobiles may enhance likelihood of employment; however, no experience proves necessary for most entry-level roles.
The most common attribute Mobil hiring managers look for in new workers includes open schedules. Gas stations remain open late into the night, sometimes taking on 24-hour operations. Employees must possess the ability to fill schedule vacancies as needed, which may include late nights, mornings, afternoons, or evening shifts. Locations may assign varying hours for associates week to week. Some locations may conduct hiring for full-time team members in addition to full-time careers in management.
Mobil Jobs and Salary Information
Flexible scheduling and opportunities for advancement headline job benefits available through Mobil gas station jobs. The national chain consistently hires on new employees and fill vacancies across the U.S. with motivated and dedicated applicants. Applicants 18 or older may begin the hiring process for the following positions:
- Sales and customer service rank as chief responsibilities of Mobil station attendants.
- The gas station looks to hire alert, motivated, and reliable individuals able to maintain sometimes long and irregular hours and interact with customers of all types with continued professionalism and courtesy.
- Job seekers usually encounter little-to-no requirements for station attendant jobs other than the ability to assume varied and flexible schedules.
- Job duties include operating cash registers, stocking products, unloading shipments, repairing and maintaining facilities and equipment, and recording sales data.
- Attendants also serve as troubleshooting resources for customers and travelers.
- Pay scales sit on par with industry standards for entry-level employees, which ranges from minimum wage up to $9.00 per hour.
- Each location maintains teams of supervisors to ensure operations and proper company protocol.
- Shift leaders and store managers carry out various administrative roles and supervisory functions.
- Typical responsibilities include motivating entry-level staff, reporting sales data, processing payroll, scheduling, coordinating product shipments, opening and closing procedures, hiring and training workers, and guarding against theft or misconduct.
- Related experience and excellent organizational skills remain necessary for employment.
- Store managers usually need high school diplomas or equivalents for hire, as well.
- Shift managers may earn between $10.00 and $11.00 hourly.
- Gas station managers often receive $30,000 to $40,000 annual salary.
Tips For Applying
A majority of hiring consideration comes from in-person interactions with managers. Job seekers should demonstrate professionalism and courtesy at all times beginning with submitting employment forms to setting up job interviews and officially sitting down with management. The gas station chain places great value on establishing positive relationships with customers and engendering courteous, polite, and helpful interfacing. Previous customer service experience or volunteer work in team settings may demonstrate sound communication abilities, if applicable. Expressing open availability and providing proof of reliable transportation often assists prospective associates, as well.
The Mobil application process usually takes about 10 to 15 minutes to complete. Workers may fill out and submit hiring forms online or in person. Submitting the documents in person allows for applicants to directly inquire management about the next steps in the hiring process. In total, most employment hunters wait around a week to hear back from desired locations regarding jobs. Contact may occur by phone or by email, with most communication taking place via telephone. Workers may call or email desired locations to check on application status at any time, as well. Make sure to contact locations during off-peak business hours to avoid annoying or inconveniencing managers.
Benefits of Working at Mobil
Part-time jobs available through Mobil gas stations provide flexible hours, competitive pay, and short-term employment opportunities. Workers also access job benefits packages. Qualifying employees receive healthcare options:
- 401(k) retirement plans
- Pension plans, and
- Life insurance
Education assistance, adoption assistance, counseling, leaves of absence, and volunteer involvement programs also remain readily available as part of corporate-sponsored work benefits packages.
Additional Information on Mobil
In partnership with Apple, Mobil sponsors a mobile app which allows customers to locate nearby gas station locations. The app downloads directly to user devices and shows current positions relative to the nearest store. Called Fuel Finder, the app remains downloadable via the Apple Store online or via Google Play. Customers may also access a web-based version of the app through home computers or laptops.