Burrito lovers should take a look at job prospects available with Moe's Southwest Grill. The quick-casual restaurant franchise maintains a network of over 500 locations and constantly needs to hire committed associates to fill new job openings. Hiring professional associates and entry-level workers alike, the nationwide chain offers engaging, uplifting work experiences for all associates. Casual workers may enjoy flexible part-time hours and career-minded individuals may attain well-paying, full-time positions.
Facts About Working at Moe's Southwest Grill
Hiring Age: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Moe's Southwest Grill?)
Available Positions: Team Member, Host/Hostess, Service Line Cook, Shift Leader, Cashier, Assistant Manager, Manager, Senior Manager, Catering Positions, Delivery Driver, Line Server, Dishwasher, Prep Cook
Moe’s Southwest Grill Interview Videos
Moe’s Southwest Grill Job Opportunities
Anything but a typical fast-food restaurant, Moe’s Southwest Grill avoids use of microwaves, trans fats, or msg. Workers often take pride in the fact that restaurant serves fresh, great-tasting southwestern food, rather than reheating premade ingredients. Associates also enjoy lively work atmospheres, which include colorful decor and plenty of action. While working, employees listen to music from well-known artists of the 50s, 60s, and 70s, which fast food chain plays to inspire team member performance. Workers enjoy provided uniforms, meal discounts, and career advancement training, as well.
Candidates may go online to apply for Moe’s Southwest Grill jobs or pick up applications in store. The online process requires basic information and gives job hopefuls the option to upload cover letters and photos. The hiring form includes several job-specific questions to gauge how candidates react to certain situations. After submitting a resume, the chain keeps applicants informed via email updates or by text message, if the applicant agrees to contact by phone. The quick-service chain reviews all applicants and contacts favored candidates with further instructions about evaluation.
Moe’s Southwest Grill Employment and Pay Scales
A chain that respects and cares for employees, Moe’s Southwest Grill provides industry-competitive pay rates to all restaurant workers. Entry-level associates usually work part-time and earn hourly wages. The quick-casual chain usually needs entry-level applicants to stand at least 16-years old. Most management jobs feature full-time hours and award generous salary options. To earn management roles, candidates need to meet age requirement of 18-years old. The following list shows the duties and pay rates for common jobs available:
- Also referred to as a cashier or crew member, a counter attendant works at the front counter serving guests.
- Key roles of the job include ringing up orders, explaining menu items, and processing payments.
- When crew members ready orders, counter attendants assemble trays and hand meals to patrons.
- Counter attendants need to maintain thorough knowledge of products and promotions at Moe’s.
- Counter attendants may earn between $8.00 and $11.00 an hour.
- Prep cook and line cook titles fall under the cook position.
- Cooks follow recipes to properly mix, season, and cook meals.
- Work stations and equipment must remain clean and sanitary at all times.
- Cooks need to proficiently handle knives, cooking utensils, and hot grills.
- To ensure food quality, cooks check dates on ingredients and monitor food temperatures.
- Moe’s works tirelessly to provide fresh and healthy menu options.
- Cooks must comply with food safety practices.
- Prior cooking experience often benefits a cook.
- On average, cooks earn $9.50 an hour.
- Management job titles include shift leader, assistant manager, and general manager.
- Shift leaders work alongside crew members and provide continued coaching and training, while providing hands-on assistance.
- Assistant managers and general managers execute company policies, procedures, and programs in order to maintain steady day-to-day operations.
- Managers must ensure store cleanliness and food safety.
- Responsible for store profitability, managers monitor food and labor costs, audit inventory levels, and set sales objectives for teams to reach.
- Moe’s Southwest Grill also prefers managers show no visible tattoos.
- Applicants should also possess clean background records.
- Also in charge of labor management, supervisors interview and hire crew members, provide training, and ensure associates provide top-notch customer care.
- Shift managers generally make between $10.00 and $12.00 an hour.
- Assistant managers usually earn $14.00 an hour, and general managers pull in annual salaries ranging from $21,000 to $50,000 a year.
Tips For Applying
Workers should become familiar with daily offerings and specials. After submitting hiring forms, applicants complete questionnaires regarding menu items and testing general communication skills. Individuals able to successfully pass the round of questions move on to in-person interviews. New-hires undergo 30-day probationary periods under close supervision of managers to ensure solid performance on the job. Be ready to complete every stage of the hiring process outlined above in addition to interviewing when passing through the Moe’s hiring process.
Moe’s hiring managers typically reach out to prospective workers via telephone if interested. Otherwise, candidates must take personal responsibility for following up on employment forms. The best methods of contacting managers regarding submitted applications include placing phone calls or visiting locations in person. In-store visits allow candidates to demonstrate personable attitudes. Well-timed phone calls also afford candidates the ability to check on application statuses and reaffirm interests in positions for hire. Franchising and daily operations may affect the availability of managers to discuss hiring statuses on a store-to-store basis.
Benefits of Working at Moe’s Southwest Grill
Moe’s Southwest Grill makes work enjoyable by offering generous benefits packages. Qualified employees may earn health benefits, like medical and dental insurance, eye care plans, and flexible spending accounts. The chain also cares about employee wellbeing and offers qualified workers vacation and holidays, sick leave, short- and long-term disability, and bereavement leave.
- The southwestern grill also offers qualifying associates 401(k) retirement plans with company match.
- Managers may earn monthly bonuses and performance-based incentives.
More Information on Moe’s Southwest Grill
Believing in keeping things fun and creative, Moe’s Southwest Grill gives jovial names to signature creations, such as the Homewrecker, the Funk Meister, Art Vandalay, and Joey Bag of Donuts, to name a few. Many of the names relate to iconic moments in movies and TV shows. Specializing in quality natural ingredients, Moe’s offers free-range chicken, steroid-free beef and pork, and organic tofu. The chain makes each order to the customer specifications, and the chain guarantees total satisfaction. Each meal comes complete with free chips and salsa.