One of the largest managed care companies in the United States, Molina Healthcare employs over 10,000 people in various positions in the healthcare industry. The Fortune 500 company serves millions of people through government-based healthcare programs.
Facts About Working at Molina Healthcare
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Molina Healthcare?)
Available Positions: Customer Service Representative, Sales Representative, Administrative Assistant, Business Systems Analyst, Appeals Coordinator, Application Developer, Application Developer Engineer, Behavioral Health Clinical Care Coordinator, Business Systems Analyst, Claims Adjuster, Claims Examiner, Claims Processor, Claims Recovery Processor, Claims System Specialist, Clerical Assistant, Clinic Front Desk Clerk, Clinical Care Coordinator, Complex Case Manager, Configuration Analyst, Credentialing Specialist, Data Specialist, Registered Nurse
Molina Healthcare Job Opportunities
Healthcare professionals and individuals interested in helping others generally find a variety of positions readily available with Molina Healthcare. Associates may work in customer service, sales, clerical positions, and countless healthcare roles. As the company serves individuals and families receiving care through Medicaid, Medicare, and other government-funded programs, the need for discretion, empathy, and strong interpersonal disciplines remains a must for potential employees. Most entry-level positions require little-to-no hiring prerequisites, though some may necessitate certain licenses, certifications, and additional experience.
Molina Healthcare also staffs medical clinics in addition to offering customers support through call centers and administrative facilities. In order to ensure patients and customers receive outstanding care, information, and health plan solutions, the healthcare company must also hire career-focused individuals. Healthcare professionals, such as nurses, doctors, account managers, human resource professionals, and case managers, find employment opportunities, as well. For such positions, the healthcare leader hires exclusively professionals with post-secondary degrees and extensive experience in the industry.
Molina Healthcare Positions and Salary Information
Standing at least 18 years of age and possessing a high school diploma or the equivalent remain the most pressing prerequisites to earn hiring consideration with the healthcare leader. With locations across 15 states, candidates may find readily available opportunities in the following positions:
Member Services Representative
- Earning around $16.00 an hour, member services representatives work full-time roles in call center environments.
- Responsibilities include answering and responding to incoming calls from both members and providers in courteous, efficient manners while providing accurate information.
- Employees must comply with industry regulations, achieve performance goals as mandated, and demonstrate an ability to work well in team settings.
- Scheduling flexibility, personable demeanors, and the capability of working in fast-paced environments typically bodes well for job seekers in the member service representative role.
- A clerical assistant provides support to specific department needs.
- Duties include maintaining files, offering assistance to customer support staff, and inventorying member materials.
- Employees must possess strong organization skills, detail-oriented attitudes, and the ability to multitask and communicate effectively.
- Earning hourly starting wages of $15.00, clerical assistants must also retain responsibility for faxing and copying functions as needed, preparing and sending member eligibility documents, sorting and distributing mail, and managing filings.
- Pharmacy technicians work as part of the Molina Healthcare services team.
- Responsible for assisting pharmacists, physician offices, and clinics, employees must assess and determine appropriate drug requests and authorizations.
- Tasks include performing drug pricing, member bills, specialty services, and entering online approvals and denials based on departmental and company procedures.
- Pharmacy technicians require completion of certification training programs, and may need additional years of experience to qualify for employment.
- Employees working as pharmacy technicians may expect hourly wages to fall near $17.00.
Tips For Applying
Molina Healthcare offers interested candidates a variety of options to apply online for available positions. Applicants may sign up for profiles on the company job portal or may also apply utilizing third-party application links to social media and job boards directly on the company website. Finally, job seekers may also choose to build or upload resumes and cover letters directly. Candidates provide personal information, work and education experience, and answer brief questions concerning different legalities. Information provided should prove truthful and accurate in order to remain eligible for employment.
Employees cite various wait times to hear back from recruiters, mostly depending on the position. Most candidates receive emails to set up interviews within one to four weeks of submitting hiring materials. Interviews may occur one-on-one or with a panel of supervisors. Responding to recruiter emails with rapidity may increase the chances of receiving an interview. Contacting hiring managers directly via phone or in person remains ill-advised, as the company regularly utilizes online communication to set up interviews.
Benefits of Working at Molina Healthcare
Employees enjoy a wide range of work benefits with Molina Healthcare. In addition to competitive pay, flexible scheduling, opportunity for advancement, and continued training, associates earn access to medical, vision, and dental coverages.
- Flexible spending accounts
- Employee stock purchase plans
- Tuition reimbursements, and
- Company-matched 401(k) retirement plans also prove readily available.
The healthcare leader also offers various competitive rewards, such as paid time off, holiday pay, referral bonuses, employee wellness programs, and various discounts with major retail partners.
More Information about Molina Healthcare
Molina Healthcare routinely gives back to communities served. The Molina HOPE corporate giving program donates grants directly to community partners to care for the underserved. With nearly $2 million invested in such causes as the National Hispanic Health Foundation and additional scholarships to Western University of Health Sciences, the company benefits a multitude of causes. The healthcare firm also partners with local Boys & Girls Clubs and utilizes a company-designed volunteer program, Helping Hands, to provide employees with opportunities to invest in local charitable activities.