Though Molly Maid originated as a Canadian outfit, Dave McKinnon brought the maid service to the United States in 1984. Individuals passionate about serving others easily find full-time or part-time work opportunities with the expanding company.
Facts About Working at Molly Maid
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Molly Maid?)
Available Positions: Maid/Housekeeper, Telephone Customer Service Representative, Professional Cleaner, House Cleaner/Team Member, Sales Estimator, Branch Manager
Molly Maid Job Opportunities
Headquartered in Ann Arbor, MI, Molly Maid grew from humble beginnings to encompass nearly 500 locations throughout the contiguous United States and Puerto Rico. Job seekers with experience in service industries like retail and food service find skills translate well to housekeeping and may earn preference during the hiring process. Familiarity with the history and values of the maid service may gain candidates attention during the application process. So individuals with little-to-no past employment experience maintain fair chances of achieving hire, as well. The company looks for integrity, honesty, respect, and responsibility in potential associates. Additionally, employees must enjoy helping others, cultivate personal success and the success of patrons, perform well in teams, get involved in surrounding communities, work hard, and remain positive.
Ambitious and organized individuals looking to start lasting careers with Molly Maid may consider opening franchised locations of the maid service. Job seekers without the business savvy to run locations may still find fulfilling employment as team members. As the company often promotes from within, dedicated entry-level workers with proven leadership skills frequently earn promotions to managerial roles. To ensure all associates maintain equal opportunity to succeed, the maid service offers extensive and paid trainings upon hire.
Molly Maid Positions and Salary Information
Workers aged 18 years and older stand welcome to apply for available Molly Maid jobs. Though employees typically receive weekends and holidays off, candidates with open availability still progress into the latter stages of the hiring process. Friendly and hard-working individuals may submit applications for the following work opportunities:
- Also commonly known as maids, partners may work full-time or part-time hours cleaning the homes of patrons.
- For each home served, workers create customized cleaning plans, vacuum every room, dust, scrub and polish as necessary, and straighten so rooms remain in pristine condition.
- Interested individuals should prove physically capable of standing, bending, kneeling, reaching, pushing, and performing other repetitious physical activities for the duration of shifts.
- Some partners may also double as drivers and require valid driver’s licenses and clean driving records.
- Maids earn hourly wages between $8.00 and $9.00.
- Honed leadership and organizational capabilities assist team leaders in daily duties.
- Taking on all the responsibilities of a partner, team leaders must also communicate effectively with patrons, direct assigned teams of maids, perform quality checks after teams finish scheduled tasks, accurately and efficiently document daily activity, collect payments, and confirm customer homes prove locked and secured when leaving.
- Full-time commitments, team leader positions garner salary packages between $35,000 and $36,000 per year.
Customer Service Representative
- Customer service representatives earn pay rates between $10.00 and $11.00 an hour.
- Usually the first point of customer contact, workers filling open positions must possess professional and personable phone manners.
- Customer service reps cultivate new clients, as well as maintain relationships with current patrons.
- Responsibilities include listening closely to comments, questions, and concerns before responding appropriately, upholding knowledge of the services and promotions the company offers, helping customers solve problems, and keeping accurate records in customer files.
- Interested candidates fare best when upbeat and organized. Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs prove valuable, as well.
Tips For Applying
Molly Maid uses one simple online application for available work opportunities. Job seekers may read more about the company and positions on the career section of the website before submitting applications. After providing personal contact information and designating the desired position, candidates may enter additional questions or comments in the message box. Once job seekers submit the form, a confirmation email sends to the provided email address.
Though, wait times vary depending on company need and position applied for, candidates typically hear back from hiring personnel in less than a week. If applications wish to consult managers about the status of applications, individuals may call or visit targeted locations. To make the best possible impression, job seekers should show consideration for the schedules of hiring managers by reaching out during traditionally slow business hours. Additionally, candidates should dress well if visiting locations in person.
Benefits of Working at Molly Maid
Both full-time and part-time employees gain access to Molly Maid job benefits packages. Though the company remains relatively small, the maid service still offers workers paid time off, sick days, paid training, competitive wages, and flexible work schedules. Select associates even qualify for 401(k) retirement plans and comprehensive medical insurance.
More Information on Molly Maid
In 1996, the Ms. Molly Foundation began as a way to support victims of domestic violence in the communities where the maid service operates. The Foundation donates thousands of dollars and bundles of personal care items to safe houses and domestic violence agencies across the country. Molly Maid employees also actively participate in Domestic Violence Awareness Month, which takes place the duration of October.