NAPA Auto Parts serves as a powerhouse in the auto parts industry and maintains more than 5,800 stores across the country. Growth influences all areas of business, including employment, as the company recurrently looks to hire dedicated and enthusiastic workers to continue the company legacy.
Facts About Working at NAPA Auto Parts
Minimum Age to Work at NAPA Auto Parts: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at NAPA Autoparts?)
NAPA Auto Parts Hours of Operation: Mon-Fri: 8:00am-6:00pm; Sat: 8:00am-4:00pm; Closed Sunday
Available Positions at NAPA Auto Parts: Customer Service Clerk, Cashier, Cashier-Bilingual, Counter/Parts Sales Associate, Bilingual Counter/Parts Salesperson, Administrative Assistant, Assistant Manager, Store Manager, Delivery Driver, Executive Management Trainee, Warehouse Worker (Warehouse Associate), Buyer, Stockroom Associate, Loader, CDL Driver, Receptionist, Territory Sales Manager, Collections Specialist, Parts Professional, Office Clerk, Human Resources Manager, Posting Specialist, Customer Sales and Service Representative, Accounts Payable Supervisor, Quality Assurance Manager
NAPA Auto Parts Job Opportunities
Positions with the company exist in various arenas of vocation. NAPA Auto Parts job hopefuls may seek employment within retail stores, distribution centers, or the company headquarters. Retail store workers find responsibilities satisfying service-centric duties in comparison to distribution center positions with more physical demands. Through a management training program, employees may also achieve supervisory statuses within either domain receiving higher pay and responsibility.
NAPA Auto Parts provides company advancement opportunities, pay increases, generous benefits, and working knowledge of the auto parts industry. Training opportunities also exist to prepare promising leaders for executive management, associate district manager, and store manager positions. Potentials may access applications for supervisory or team member positions online or by visiting a store or distribution location of desired hire.
NAPA Auto Parts Positions and Salary Information
Potential hires often must prove to stand at least 18 years old. Some positions requiring lengthy responsibility, like stockroom supervisor or manager, may call for applicants older than 21. Less experienced workers generally find success applying for positions such as automotive counter sales representatives. Job hopefuls fit for manual labor may pursue warehouse worker positions. Employees may also need to pass drug screening and background checks to advance through the hiring process. A list of positions often available to job seekers sits listed below:
Automotive Counter Sales
- Customer-oriented and auto part-enthusiastic individuals qualify best for automotive counter sales associate positions.
- Responsible for assisting customers with do-it-yourself projects and auto parts needs, personnel also help fellow team members, operate cash registers, and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Qualified candidates should possess verbal and written communication skills, openness toward training and learning, passion for customer service and sales, valid driver’s licenses, flexible schedules, and the ability to lift 60lbs.
- Automotive counter sales personnel enjoy hourly pay between $8.00 and $14.00.
- Requiring workers remain engaged and active throughout entire shifts, warehouse worker positions typically call for energetic and hard-working individuals.
- Daily tasks may include maneuvering large equipment, shipping totes from conveyers, mapping out plans to organize and unload products, stocking parts properly, and cleaning customer and shipping areas.
- Applicants must stand at least 18 years old, prove able to lift 60lbs., and push or pull up to 300 lbs.
- Warehouse workers regularly receive wages between $10.00 and $13.00 an hour.
- Overseeing distribution center stockroom activities, supervisors ensure team members achieve high-quality performance packing, pulling, stocking, and shipping freight.
- Stockroom supervisors also build, guide, and develop teams, work with customers, achieve sales quotas, strive for continuous improvement, and maintain facilities.
- Previous managerial and warehouse or logistic experience may prove necessary in addition to leadership abilities, clear communication skills, personal drive, and multitasking aptitudes. Stockroom supervisors may make around $40,000 annually.
- NAPA Auto Parts managers relay the company vision to workers through demonstration and leadership and enforce the importance of trust, respect, and operational effectiveness.
- Assistant managers increase sales and profitability, lead teams, supervise store operations, protect inventory, and ensure cleanliness and safety.
- Managers take ultimate responsibility for administrative matters.
- Candidates in possession of technical or college degrees, ASE parts certifications, and experience with heavy parts or services may receive preference during the hiring process.
- Additional qualifications generally include passion for the industry and self-motivated attitudes.
- Assistant managers annual salary options fall between $25,000 and $40,000, while managers make upwards of $75,000 annually.
Tips For Applying
Job hopefuls may apply online by navigating the company careers portal to begin the consideration process. Candidates must first set up profiles creating user names and passwords in order to gain access to the job application form. Next, applicants may choose to submit a resume. Job hopefuls should utilize all opportunities to prove qualifications for a position. Providing resume information may prove beneficial by setting an applicant apart from the masses. The application form also requests references. Job seekers should collect names and current contact information in advance, as well. Applicants may also find success applying in person at the desired location of hire. Upon submission of the required forms, candidates receive full consideration for available automotive jobs.
Qualifying applicants may receive a call or email from hiring managers requesting interviews within a week or two of submitting hiring materials. Job hopefuls may inquire about the status of an application by contacting a location manager or the corporate human resources office. The online job portal also allows users to sign up for talent community memberships in order to receive email updates about new openings with the company. Potential employees may also choose to resubmit applications for similar positions. During the resubmission process, adjustments to profile information should take place in order to assure provided credentials match qualifications within job descriptions.
Benefits of Working at NAPA Auto Parts
NAPA offers competitive wages and comprehensive job benefits to eligible employees. Packages may include:
- Medical insurance and prescription plans, dental and life insurance, and both short-term and long-term disability coverage.
- Associates may also enjoy paid vacation and holidays, leaves of absence, stock purchase plans, and discounts on programs with AAA, G.E., or GM.
- Additionally, personnel may gain access to worker’s compensation, accidental death and dismemberment, vision care programs, jury duty pay, and employee parts purchase discount plans.
- The company also offers bereavement leave pay, family and medical leave, 401(k) retirement plans, and education assistance to qualifying workers.
More Information on NAPA Auto Parts
The company provides customers with a live chat feature allowing company website users to contact experts instantly by submitting a question or concern between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. on weekdays. The communication outlet also creates positions dedicated to delivering quick and accurate services to inquiring customers. Workers may apply for the web-help positions using the same methods other candidates utilize for other roles within the automotive firm.