National Tire and Battery, often shortened to NTB, operates as part of a retail group of more than 1,200 tire and service centers in over 40 states nationwide. To remain competitive in the auto repair and tire retail industries, the chain of service centers must hire talented associates committed to performing high-quality work on cars and achieving total customer satisfaction.
Facts About Working at National Tire & Battery
Hiring Age: 18 Years old years old (How old do you have to be to work at National Tire And Battery?)
Available Positions: Customer Satisfaction Specialist, Assistant Store Manager, Store Management Trainee, Store Manager, Sales Associate, Customer Service Representative
National Tire and Battery Employment Opportunities
Employees at National Tire and Battery locations work in fast-paced environments featuring frequent opportunities to interact with customers. Workers regularly use communication and interpersonal skills to sell tires and explain the details of automotive procedures and repairs in understandable ways. Job seekers aiming to work for the tire retail and auto repair chain must therefore possess the ability to deliver important information courteously and effectively. Prospective associates should also prove capable of embracing the challenges accompanying automotive jobs in a dynamic and sometimes hectic work environment.
National Tire and Battery jobs include entry-level sales and technician positions as well as professional careers in management. While entry-level employment traditionally proves easy to obtain in general, candidates applying for jobs with the chain of auto service centers should already possess basic knowledge of mechanical procedures commonly performed on cars. Technicians in particular must demonstrate high levels of skill and knowledge in order to earn the Automobile Service Excellence (ASE) certification often required by the tire retailer and auto service provider. Managers must also know a great deal about servicing cars as well as ensuring the financial success of a business.
National Tire and Battery Jobs and Salary Information
Due to the early, late, and weekend hours of operation maintained by most National Tire and Battery locations, job seekers need to remain flexible with regards to availability for work. The tire retailer hires workers to fill part-time jobs as well as full-time positions and offers attractive hourly pay rates for entry-level associates, generous annual salary options for managers, and various employee benefits for eligible staff members. Applicants in compliance with the minimum hiring age of 18 may qualify for the following jobs:
Selling tires and mechanical services ranks as the primary job duty of sales associates. Other responsibilities include:
- Explaining the relevant features and benefits of products and services, helping customers make appropriate selections, and completing sales at the cash register.
- Sales associates may also need to assist with diagnosing basic car problems, making minor repairs, and changing tires from time to time.
- While many sales associates hold prior automotive service experience, NTB hires employees from outside the industry, as well.
- Hourly pay rates for entry-level sales jobs typically fall between minimum wage and $10.00.
- Responsible for providing various mechanical services, technicians work in garage settings and perform maintenance as well as repairs on the motor vehicles of customers.
- Technician jobs feature duties ranging from inspecting vehicles and diagnosing issues to installing car parts and making major repairs.
- Employees working as technicians also change tires, stock and maintain inventory, clean shop areas, and makes sure equipment and tools remain in good condition.
- Technicians must demonstrate knowledge of different auto parts and services, including brakes, suspension systems, oil changes, and wheel alignments.
- Workers often begin automotive careers as general service technicians before qualifying for auto service technician positions.
- General service technicians usually earn between $8.00 and $9.00 an hour, while auto service technicians enjoy hourly pay rates of $12.00 or more.
- Managers provide supervision and leadership while maintaining the financial wellbeing of assigned auto service centers.
- Ensuring the quality of repairs and maintenance work on vehicles, producing strong results regarding sales and profits, hiring and training technicians and sales associates, and overseeing the flow of inventory serve as major managerial job duties.
- Managers also explain service options to customers and work alongside technicians during staffing shortages.
- Previous management experience in the auto service industry typically proves essential, though some locations hire inexperienced yet highly motivated managers seeking career advancement opportunities.
- Each shop employs a service manager and a store manager.
- Both types of managers earn an annual salary generally ranging from $40,000 to $50,000.
Tips For Applying
Job seekers may apply online to work at a National Tire and Battery location by accessing the Careers website from the company homepage, reviewing the online application policies provided at the site, and clicking the Apply Online Now button. Applicants must then search for and select a nearby NTB location. After selecting a particular location, candidates encounter a list of available job titles and need to choose a position to apply for. Job seekers must create personal accounts with usernames and passwords in order to start the application process, which begins with an explanation of terms and conditions as well as the option to upload resumes. The online form also includes sections for personal information, disclosures, pre-employment questions, and application information. Applicants should fill out each section completely while striving to show compatibility with the company policy of requiring employees to work flexible schedules including nights, weekends, and holidays.
National Tire and Battery enables prospective workers to check the status of submitted applications quickly and easily. Applicants simply need to visit the company Careers website and log in with the recently created username and password. After logging in, candidates must click the tab marked Applications to see the status of previously completed forms. Applicants may also call or visit the appropriate shop location to inquire about recently submitted job applications and the hiring process in general.
Benefits of Working at National Tire and Battery
To attract and retain the most talented workers, National Tire and Battery maintains an extensive employment benefits program. Eligible associates take advantage of job benefits like:
- Medical and dental plans, life insurance, and employee discounts covering family members as well.
- The tire retailer also offers 401(k) retirement plans with company match, paid vacations and personal days, and reimbursement for the expenses associated with obtaining ASE certification.
Additional Information on National Tire and Battery
Part of the TBC Retail Group, National Tire and Battery operates within the same family as various other well-known chains of auto service centers. In total, the parent company oversees more than 1,200 shops specializing in car repairs, maintenance, and tires. Locations operating under the NTB banner and sister brands each offer extended daily and weekend hours, a 30-day ride guarantee for new tires, and free tire rotation for life.