As one of the largest insurance companies in the world, Nationwide helps customers and businesses protect what matters most while building secure financial futures. Skilled, experienced, and talented employees provide excellent customer service and remain the greatest assets to the company.
Facts About Working at Nationwide
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Nationwide?)
Available Positions: Agency Capital Builder, Associate Agency Executive, Claim Service Associate, Claims Field Operator, Technical Claims Associate, Claims Call Center Associate, Sales Support, Sales Manager, Agency Development Employee, Inside Sales Representative, Underwriter, Business Consultant Analyst, Architect, Auditor
Nationwide Insurance Job Opportunities
Nationwide associates provide personalized support to policyholders and insurance customers. Talented employees dedicated to customer service in the insurance business differentiate the firm from competitors. Honesty, integrity, trust, respect, and passion for success stand as core company values influencing the actions of employees in areas such as corporate operations, claims processing, marketing, sales, information technology, and customer support. The insurance provider hires new workers who hold meet such standards in order to become a part of diverse, fun work environments making a meaningful differences in the lives of people around the country.
Employment opportunities exist for prospective workers seeking entry-level jobs working part-time in call centers, highly trained professionals looking to build careers in the insurance industry, or job seekers hoping for general labor. In order to achieve the highest levels of success, associates receive comprehensive on-the-job training and continuing career development through online classes, one-on-one training sessions, and education assistance plans.
Nationwide Employment Opportunities and Salary Options
The growing insurance agency hires patient, empathetic, and dedicated people to represent the company in customer service jobs. Experienced professionals with highly developed talents also remain needed for corporate jobs. Prospective associates may fill out applications for the following positions:
Inside Sales Agent
- Entrepreneurial individuals driven to make money while helping others may earn over $32,000 annually at pay rates close to $16.00 an hour.
- Bilingual candidates fluent in English and Spanish receive additional pay.
- Sales agents grow the brand of Nationwide Insurance by calling prospective customers to provide information and counseling regarding insurance products and services.
- Completing a nine-to-ten-week training course prepares workers with the skills needed to conduct sales of property, casualty, and life insurance services through inbound and outbound phone calls.
- Workers help customers find the right products and services by providing quotes, determining eligibility, collecting underwriting information, and binding coverage.
- Qualified associates possess high school diplomas or GEDs, with bachelor’s degrees or continuing undergraduate education preferred.
- Candidates must possess or obtain required state licensing and demonstrate strong verbal communication skills.
- Associate underwriters handle various unique situations each day and must possess expert problem-solving abilities.
- Top-tier professionalism and communication abilities prove necessary to overcome daily challenges in honest, accountable ways.
- Employees work with affiliate non-profit insurance companies to accept, retain, and price commercial business insurance policies.
- Duties include gathering information, reviewing individual risks, determining acceptability under company guidelines, accepting, rejecting, or modifying policies, and applying prices as instructed under established standards.
- Underwriters typically earn annual salary packages between $40,000 and $50,000.
- Knowledge of basic business policies, analytical and financial techniques, and pricing risks stands preferred.
- Individuals demonstrating excellent communication skills, self-motivation, time management skills, and proficiency with computers prove well qualified.
Member Care Representative
- Member care representatives serve as the primary points of contact with customers seeking information about insurance plans and policies.
- Employees stand responsible for handling varying volumes of incoming calls regarding policies, and must complete and process necessary paperwork while cultivating exceptional customer experiences.
- The subjects of calls may pertain to questions about policies, billing inquiries, payment processing, and document verification.
- Because some calls may come from upset or angry customers, care reps must maintain calm, friendly attitudes and defuse tense situations under pressure, identifying and satisfying customer needs in accordance with company policy.
- Member care representatives receive salary options upwards of $30,000 a year.
Tips For Applying
Candidates may apply online for jobs in claims, corporate operations, customer service, information technology, or marketing by submitting resumes to job postings or emailing recruiters through links on the company website. However, connecting with the Nationwide Talent Community provides better options and resources related to finding a job within the company. Registering with the talent community, a social network built specifically to allow job-seekers to find desired employment opportunities, enables prospective workers to find career openings, view company announcements, link to job circles to network with recruiters and hiring managers, apply for jobs, and keep track of meetings on a calendar.
Users of the talent community networking site easily track application statuses by monitoring progress online. Applicants who choose to submit resumes on the company website or through third-party recruiters may wait longer before hearing back. The review process usually takes anywhere from a couple of days to a few weeks before applicants receive invitations to pursue the interview process. During such time, prospective employees may message managers on the networking site or email recruiters to follow up on application statuses.
Benefits of Employment at Nationwide
In addition to working in fun and friendly environments and receiving on-the-job training, eligible full-time associates receive comprehensive work benefits packages, which include:
- Paid time off for holidays
- Healthcare coverage and wellness programs
- Vision and life insurance
- Enrollment in company-matched 401(k) retirement plans
- Dependent day care assistance, and
- Opportunities for professional growth such as career mentoring programs
- Tuition reimbursement, and
- Career planning services.
More Details about Nationwide
Committed to improving the quality of life in surrounding communities, the company sponsors the Nationwide Foundation, a charitable organization which donates hundreds of millions of dollars toward non-profit organizations in order to help underprivileged communities meet crucial needs. Other philanthropic pursuits include funding hospitals and pediatric innovation funds to better the lives of children across the country.