A water-themed brand, Nautica dabbles in clothing in for women, men, and children as well as housewares and fashion accessories. With a growing number of locations in over 75 countries, the retailer consistently requires entry-level and career-oriented workers to fill available jobs.
Facts About Working at Nautica
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Nautica?)
Available Positions: Sales Associate, Sales Lead, Assistant Store Manager, Store Manager, Customer Service Representative
Printable Application: No. Search Job Openings or visit official site.
Nautica Job Opportunities
Though stores which exclusively sell the Nautica brand exist, the retailer partners with other shops often to create joint locations. Common in shopping centers and other high-traffic areas, the brand proves popular with individuals possessing sleek and contemporary tastes. Job candidates with similar style preferences and familiarity with the company image may impress hiring personnel during screening processes. Additionally, hopefuls holding past employment in customer service, fashion retail, or management may find fulfilling careers with the retailer and often earn favor for hire.
The fashion company maintains over 3,000 locations worldwide. As operations grow, Nautica must seek seasoned professionals and entry-level candidates alike. Job opportunities prove available in full-time and part-time capacities. Individuals with little-to-no past work experience may use entry-level positions to cultivate essential job skills leading to fruitful retail careers. Especially ambitious workers who demonstrate passion for the brand and leadership capabilities may receive promotion opportunities.
Nautica Positions and Salary Information
Nautica requires job applicants to stand at least 18 years of age in order to receive consideration for available work. Other qualifications candidates should possess include high school diplomas or the equivalent, open availability, and the physical ability to stand, bend, squat, and reach consistently during shifts. Eligible job candidates may apply for the following most accessible work:
- Energetic, friendly, and personable individuals fare best as sales associates, as creating lasting customer relationships remains a huge component of the job.
- Regular responsibilities ascribed to sales associates include greeting customers, replenishing stock, maintaining the cleanliness of stores, running cash registers, contributing to sales goals, and completing tasks assigned by assistant and store managers.
- Additionally, sales associates must retain detailed knowledge of available products and trends pervading the market in order to better assist customers.
- Most commonly a part-time commitment, the position of sales associates pays an average hourly wage between $9.00 and $10.00.
- Though Nautica tends to hire assistant managers from current sales teams, individuals possessing exceptional customer service skills and at least two years of employment in leadership roles may apply.
- The main duty of assistant managers includes helping store managers operate designated locations.
- Assistant managers must also lead subordinate employees by example, contribute to sales goals, respond to customer questions and concerns, take inventory, create employee work schedules, handle payroll, and complete various other administrative and sales-driven tasks.
- Traditional salary packages for the managerial position fall around $33,000 to $40,000 a year.
Tips For Applying
Interested individuals may apply for Nautica jobs through the company website job hosting platform. After creating a username and password and providing a valid email address, each job hopeful may proceed to enter personal contact information, past education, employer information, and professional references. Candidates also reserve the option of uploading resumes directly to applications. Individuals pursuing the option should consider reworking the hiring document to highlight skills and experiences relevant to fashion retail. Before submitting applications, job hopefuls should look over work to avoid mistakes.
Applicants wishing to communicate genuine desire for available work may contact Nautica hiring personnel to check on application statuses. To avoid pestering, individuals should refrain from reaching out within the first few days of submitting applications and conduct communications during traditionally slow business hours. Calling, visiting stores, and emailing appropriate personnel prove acceptable methods of checking application status. Job hopefuls should remain professional, polite, and respectful no matter the means of communication.
Benefits of Working at Nautica
Nautica offers workers standard and comprehensive employee benefit packages and competitive salary options. Healthcare coverage provided by the company includes dental plans.
- 401(k) retirement plans
- Employee stock purchase plans
- Holiday pay
- Associate discounts and paid time off remain available for qualifying full-time and part-time workers
More Information on Nautica
Understanding the place of the company in the world community, Nautica implemented several sustainability policies in 2013. As a brand built on an appreciation of water, the company promotes as many clean water initiatives as possible, such as Hudson River clean-ups. The retailer also took steps to reduce corporate water usage. Additionally, the company retrofitted several centers with energy efficient lightbulbs.