Nestle Toll House Cafe offers food service jobs for interested applicants. Entry-level and management positions alike regularly prove available with the chain. Serving over 60 million customers each year, the dessert shop franchise remains a promising source of employment for job seekers.
Facts About Working at Nestle Toll House Cafe
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Nestle Toll House Cafe?)
Available Positions: Team Member, Cake Decorator, Baker, Shift Manager, Assistant Store Manager, Store Manager, Customer Service Representative
Printable Application: No. Search Job Openings or visit official site.
Nestle Toll House Cafe Job Opportunities
Based out of Dallas, TX, the company maintains a wide network of locations throughout the United States and Canada. Job seekers often find Nestle Toll House Cafe shops in malls, shopping centers, or other high-traffic urban settings. Established in 2000, the business continues to grow, which increases the need for new workers. Each location requires several employees to function at an ideal level. In addition, the company offers catering services, which creates further job opportunities.
Formally known as Nestle Toll House Cafe by Chip, the coffee shop franchise continually onboards experienced candidates and entry-level hopefuls alike. Team member jobs often stand accessible to aspirants without any formal training or industry backgrounds. The chain also needs career-driven professionals with proven management experience to fill supervisory roles. Mangers help interview, hire, train, and discipline subordinate workers as needed and remain crucial to successful operations. Positions may persist within the Nestle corporate offices, as well.
Nestle Toll House Cafe Employment and Salary Options
Applicants must stand at least 18 years of age to submit hiring forms for employment consideration. Nestle Toll House Cafe regularly staffs dedicated individuals with strong customer service skills and friendly, outgoing personalities. The following positions consistently prove available with the chain:
- Generally regarded as catch-all roles, entry-level team member positions combine the responsibilities of cashier, sales associate, and food preparation assistant jobs.
- Duties range from processing payments and providing change to mixing drinks and serving baked goods.
- Employees may need to prepare orders placed over the phone and/or online in addition to customer requests made in person.
- Candidates merely need to possess positive attitudes, physical stamina, and basic computer skills to obtain team member work with the coffee shop chain, which generally offer pay rates consistent with minimum wage.
- Assistant managers help store managers keep cafe locations running smoothly.
- Responsibilities include delegating work, maintaining inventories, providing safe and clean job environments, abiding by legal procedures and policies, and assisting team members with duties as needed.
- Candidates largely need to possess substantial experience to obtain managerial jobs.
- However, the company may promote exceptional team members from within.
- Managerial applicants must also hold high school diplomas or GED equivalents.
- Assistant managers make $10.00 per hour or more and may receive pay raises over time.
Tips For Applying
Reliable transportation, flexible availabilities, and strong communication skills remain essential for aspiring employees. Due to the colorful and interesting nature of desserts and drinks available at the coffee shop chain, creativity also proves a desirable quality in applicants. Though prior work in food service often benefits candidates, entry-level roles stand available to hopefuls, regardless of employment history. However, candidates for managerial jobs regularly need to possess previous experience to obtain work with Nestle Toll House Cafe. Job seekers may send resumes and other hiring documents to staffing personnel or print out application forms to submit in person.
After submitting applications, job seekers await contact from hiring managers. The process typically takes between two and four weeks. If applicants receive no word after one week, the candidates may follow up in person or by phone call. Remain courteous and respectful when speaking with staffing personnel. Making positive impressions may significantly improve chances of hire, while careless or rude behavior may lead to removal from consideration.
Benefits of Working at Nestle Toll House Cafe
Full-time employees often qualify for attractive job benefits packages with Nestle Toll House Cafe.
- 401(k) retirement plans and pension plans remain lucrative draws for financially minded applicants.
- Health insurance coverage
- Including medical, dental, and vision plans
- Routinely stands accessible to workers.
Associates may also enjoy time away from work for vacations, sick days, and select holidays. Employees receive limited meal discounts and free cookies, as well.
More Details on Nestle Toll House Cafe
Nestle Toll House Cafe remains an offshoot of the multinational company Nestle. As of 2015, the business persists as the largest food company worldwide by revenue. Other notable brands under the same corporate umbrella include Gerber, KitKat, CoffeeMate, Hot Pockets, Stouffer’s, Friskies, Purina, and Lean Cuisine. Over 300,000 employees work for the parent company, which boasts origins from as far back as 1866. Headquarters rest in Vevey, Switzerland.