Founded in 1906, New Balance employs more than 5,000 associates worldwide and makes products available in over 120 countries. The massive shoe retailer claims growth and job creation rests on the combination of team innovation and company values.
Facts About Working at New Balance
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at New Balance?)
Available Positions: Part-Time Sales Associate, Full-Time Sales Associate, Administrative Assistant, Department Lead, Assistant Manager, Retail Store Manager, Technical Designer, Product Manager, Associate Consumer Insights Manager, Associate Marketing Manager, Business Process MBA Intern, Merchandising Assistant, Merchandiser, Product Development Manager, Running Specialty Intern, Designer, Product Developer, Senior Project Manager, Shipping Coordinator, Analyst, Sustainable Materials Intern
Printable Application: No. Search Job Openings or visit official site.
New Balance Job Opportunities
New Balance stresses the importance of improvement and advancement to achieve better performance. Offering numerous styles of shoes and insoles as well as accessories and apparel, the prominent footwear company appeals to athletes and advocates of healthy lifestyles. The brand remains strongly committed to a core set of values including integrity, teamwork, and total customer satisfaction. The same attention placed on creation of athletic shoes and apparel also exists in selection of associates. While most jobs persist in retail environments, the athletic apparel chain maintains five manufacturing facilities, which further aggregate work opportunities. Retail store locations range from shopping malls and stand-alone stores to plazas and airports.
Dedicated to creating strong, lasting, and productive relationships with associates, New Balance builds upon foundational commitments through employee training. Educational programs help associates realize full sales potential and produce meaningful careers. As the company mission remains providing healthy and active lifestyles, workers must maintain similar aspirations. Employees must uphold company values by maintaining knowledge of product lines and providing top of the line customer service. Both part-time and full-time positions may prove available.
New Balance Employment and Wages Information
New Balance seeks motivated and talented individuals for natural fits into team-oriented atmospheres. The footwear retailer encourages workers to embody the brand core values to achieve personal and professional growth. Employment hunters 18 and older may find rewarding entry-level work in the underlying positions:
Retail Sales Associate
- A majority of available employment resides in sales positions which require personable demeanors.
- Sales associates must differentiate products based on function and fashion.
- Expertise in product knowledge, employees provide suggestions and recommendations to best assist customer specifications and needs.
- Other job duties consist of inventory stocking, sales promotion information, company policies, and special order placement.
- Sales associates must also possess basic math skills, as cash handling, register balancing, and bank deposits regularly constitute daily duties.
- Pay varies between $9.00 and $12.00 an hour based on experience but may increase with commission bonuses.
Customer Care Representative
- Solely responsible for retaining customers, care representatives offer solutions to issues regarding product defects or payment plans.
- Courteous and professional personalities help customers address inquiries in friendly and resourceful manners.
- Personable attitudes and active listening also benefit candidates.
- Possessing charismatic and compassionate traits allows care representatives to deliver great service, educate callers on policies, and improve customer experiences.
- Hourly wages for customer care representatives range from $14.00 to $18.00.
- Store managers take leadership to ensure retail locations function as effectively and efficiently as possible.
- Job duties include personally recruiting and training employees.
- Managers also maintain inventory and displays, log sales and trends as well as ordering stock.
- Any key holder must maintain open availability, as business or work incidents require the presence of a manager.
- Salary options for store managers average out around $48,000 annually but may increase up to $82,000 with tenure or exceeding sales goals.
Tips For Applying
Interested individuals should turn in applications in person to ensure hiring personnel recognize outgoing personalities. However, online applications exist on the company website. New Balance regularly hires individuals with experience in sales, although signifying any customer service experience in former work improves chances. Job hopefuls should inquire with associates about optimal times to apply and visit before submitting hiring forms.
Hiring managers usually reach out to applicants a few days after submitting application forms. On occasion, business may cause delays in or even accelerate the hiring process based on immediate needs for help. Prospects should inquire about job application status through in-store follow up. Placing calls or visiting retail locations during appropriate hours shows hiring managers courtesy and motivation in candidates.
Benefits of Working for New Balance
New Balance provides employees numerous incentives to perform well. Professional development programs, philanthropic rewards, and fitness competitions between locations benefit creates competitive yet cooperative atmospheres. Job benefits packages may consist of:
- 401(k) retirement plans
- Medical insurance
- Life insurance
- Healthcare coverage
- Paid time off, and
- Paid vacation for full-time employees.
Workers also enjoy flexible hours, company holiday parties, and extensive pay bonuses for achieving sales goals.
More Information on New Balance
The New Balance foundation grows considerably every year. Between the inaugural year of 1981 and 2014, more than $60 million in grants generated provided immeasurable aid. Grants help create high-impact and sustainable relationships promoting healthy lifestyles, youth fitness, and the overall improvement of surrounding communities. To aid the fight against childhood obesity, the highly rated shoe store uses holistic approaches, which include investments in research, treatment, and prevention to engage children and families in physical activity and nutrition education.
Vanity bounds says:
Being a team member for new balance was very exciting.