Phil Knight and Bill Bowerman opened Blue Ribbon Sports in 1964, which became Nike in 1971. The sporting goods giant manufactures shoes, apparel, and equipment. It also operates retail shops throughout the U.S.
Facts About Working at Nike
Hiring Age: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Nike?)
Available Positions: Cashier, Sales Associate, Assistant Manager, Store Lead, Store Manager
Nike Employee Interview Videos
Listen to former employees discuss working at Nike:
Nike Job Opportunities
The company supports networks of passionate, friendly coworkers, which makes Nike jobs enjoyable. The brand encourages employees to build positive, lasting relationships with patrons.
Growth gives workers a chance to achieve their professional goals. Employees have access to materials that aid in product knowledge or sales skills. Entry-level jobs could turn into Nike careers with medical insurance and other benefits.
Encouraging Different Perspectives
Whether hiring in stores or corporate offices, Nike builds diverse teams. Managers encourage differing views from each employee. The brand considers workers’ creative ideas for improvements too.
Employment and Salary Information for Nike
There are a wide range of part-time and full-time Nike jobs at more than 750 locations. Applicants find openings in everything from customer service to online support. Common listings include:
- Similar to a sales associate, this Nike job provides assistance and completes transactions.
- Employees also unload deliveries and organize or clean the store.
- Workers should know of products and footwear trends.
- Athletes receive a pay rate around $10.00 per hour.
- Check out the Nike sales associate job description.
- Like a manager, this Nike career involves supervising staff and daily operations.
- Duties consist of reviewing sales and meeting corporate standards.
- A prospective worker might need education or retail work history.
- Coaches earn salary packages between $40k and $80k, based on experience.
Tips For Applying
Hopefuls apply online for open positions through the store’s website. Candidates must answer a series of questions related to the job. Potential hires can visit any location to submit Nike application forms as well.
Job seekers can check the status of Nike applications on the website’s career portal. Each submission will indicate any progress in the hiring process. Applicants are usually then contacted for interviews.
Benefits of Working at Nike
After a successful Nike job application, most positions offer many perks. Full-time employees get salary options and employment benefits, such as:
- Healthcare coverage
- Life insurance
- Paid time off or paid vacation
- 401(k) plans
Part-time employees may only be eligible for some job benefits. However, they enjoy competitive hourly wages, flexible schedules, and merchandise discounts.
Additional Information about Nike
The Nike Better World initiative aims to reduce the impact on the environment. This program uses innovation and technology to move green practices forward. The company likes to hire people who express these ideals.