Ninety Nine Restaurant and Pub cooks up no-nonsense food at down-to-earth prices for over 20 million customers every year at locations across the Northeastern United States. The growing restaurant chain employs over 6,500 workers and hires more every day.
Facts About Working at Ninety Nine
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Ninety Nine?)
Available Positions: Busser, Dishwasher, Prep Cook, Line Cook, First Cook, Host/Hostess, Server, Bartender, Assistant Kitchen Manager, Kitchen Manager, Assistant Manager, General Managing Partner
Printable Application: No. Search Job Openings or visit official site.
Ninety Nine Job Opportunities
In 1952, Charlie Doe founded Ninety Nine as a place for folks to feel at home while eating delicious food served by passionate associates who treat customers right. Employees at every level from management to hourly team members must approach each job with enthusiasm to serve and a mission to treat every customer as a friend. The restaurant chain places great value on team members and offers unlimited growth potential, as more than half of management staff started out working as hourly team members. However, outside career candidates often gain employment with the chain, as well.
Employee turnover rates sometimes exceed incoming workforces, especially where associates often work long, stressful hours. Ninety Nine stands apart from competitors and proudly boasts lower average turnover rates indicative of overall employee satisfaction. Many associates stay with the company for as many as 15 years. The restaurant places great emphasis on respecting workers as much as customers. American Blue Ribbon Holdings owns the company, and the resources and expertise which come with joining such a large group of successful restaurant chains means growth and the need to hire dedicated new associates.
Ninety Nine Employment and Salary Packages
Ninety Nine fills entry-level positions with motivated hourly team members in order to serve the millions of friendly customers who walk through the doors each year. Prospective associates looking for jobs in the restaurant industry may find positions as line cooks, servers, bartenders, or dishwashers.
- The entry-level job of line cook offers competitive pay and proves essential to daily operations.
- Workers generally earn hourly wages of $12.00 in the role.
- Serving no-nonsense food means line cooks must make guests meals in consistent manners following strict quality and health safety guidelines.
- Duties include preparing the kitchen and cooking stations, chopping vegetables, trimming cuts of meat, and preparing sauces to accompany certain dishes.
- Line cooks work in fast-paced environments and must coordinate with other cooks in order to get meals out to hungry customers on time and ready to eat.
- At the end of the day, line cooks must clean cooking stations and take care of leftover food.
Experience cooking in other restaurants or education from culinary schools proves valuable and may earn employees higher pay; however, such training and experience do not stand required to obtain entry-level jobs.
- Guests come to Ninety Nine for friendly, comfortable places to gather and enjoy great food and drinks, and the responsibility of fulfilling guest needs falls on the teams of passionate servers at each restaurant.
- Servers earn base pay rates between $4.00 and $5.00 an hour with the potential to earn more through tips.
- The typical day-to-day duties of servers include setting tables, greeting guests, promoting menu items, such as specialty beverages, desserts, and appetizers, communicating food and beverage orders to the kitchens or bar, serving meals, and bussing.
- Servers typically cater to the needs of multiple tables, which requires the ability to multitask and perform well under pressure.
- Friendly attitudes and good interpersonal communication skills help servers earn more tips.
- Bartenders earn similar wages to servers at pay rates close to $5.00 an hour, with additional income from tips. Associates serve drinks to thirsty customers and uphold the friendly, welcoming atmospheres of Ninety Nine restaurants and pubs. Job duties include pouring drinks, assisting customers with questions about menu items, keeping bar areas clean, and washing glassware. Associates may need to deal with drunk customers from time to time and must possess the ability to diffuse tense situations with diplomacy. Workers must stand at least 18 years of age in most states in order to serve alcohol. Candidates with previous customer service experience, knowledge of alcoholic beverages and cocktails, friendly dispositions, and clean grooming standards stand preferred.
- The vital role of dishwasher allows cooks, servers, and bartenders to perform efficiently.
- Employees hold the responsibility of cleaning plates, bowls, cups, silverware, and cooking equipment as guests finish meals.
- Dishwashers play important parts in helping kitchen staffs meet guest expectations and customers feel at home by ensuring dishes receive proper and thorough cleaning.
- Associates must perform well in fast-paced environments and follow safety guidelines while working with hot water, knives, cleaning agents, and slippery surfaces.
- Expected salary options range from $7.00 to $8.00 an hour.
Tips For Applying
Prospective workers may apply completing online application forms, which require individuals to enter personal information, availability, employment experience, education history, and references. Additionally, candidates may submit resumes and job applications directly to store managers in person. If applying for bartending positions, candidates should take some time to become familiar with common types of alcoholic beverages. For server positions, applicants should begin memorizing restaurant menus before proceeding with the hiring process.
Individuals applying online may receive replies in regard to application statuses through email or phone calls. Managers may wish to review applications turned in to restaurant locations immediately and conduct the interview process with eligible applicants on-the-spot or schedule interviews for the near future. When checking on application status, placing polite phone calls during business hours proves most effective. Avoid calling at busy lunch or dinner times.
Worker Benefits at Ninety Nine
Hourly team members receive employee benefits, such as flexible schedules, friendly work environments, and room for professional advancement. The company also offers 401(k) retirement plans to part-time workers over the age of 21 and the ability to earn paid time off. Eligible associates working more than 30 hours per week receive access to employee assistance programs and healthcare coverage.
Full-time managers earn competitive salary packages and greater employee benefits, including:
- Medical insurance
- Dental and vision care plans
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance, and paid vacation
- As well as 401(k) retirement plans.
More Information on Ninety Nine
Treating people right means more than just serving delicious meals to hungry customers every day. Ninety Nine promotes charity within the community by hosting Dining for a Cause events, where the restaurant donates 15 percent of sales to charitable organizations. The company also donates generously to the Boys and Girls Clubs of America, the oldest and largest youth service organization in the country. From 2008 to 2015, the eatery raised over two million dollars for the clubs.