When Northwest Airlines merged with Delta in 2008, it brought an end to the once thriving brand. Although the company now operates under a different name, workers still have many options while searching for industry employment.
Facts About Working at Northwest
Minimum Age to Work at Northwest: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Northwest?)
Northwest Hours of Operation: Hours vary by location and job title
Available Positions at Northwest: Airport Customer Service - Ticketing/Gate Agent, Baggage Handler, Ramp Operations Agent, Reservation Sales Agent, Administrative Assistant, Manager, Maintenance Mechanic, Cargo Agent, Flight Attendant, Flight Crew Member, Pilot
Drive for Lyft! Call 855-407-9995 to apply
Northwest Airlines Job OpportunitiesEmployee Requirements
Delta seeks to hire focused, reliable, and hard-working individuals. Entry-level recruits must be at least 18 years old with no criminal record or drug charges. Adventure seekers are ideal, as Northwest Airlines careers involve travel and time away from home.Experience is Beneficial
Although it is not required, prior airline employment is a plus. Those who list relevant experience in their Northwest Airlines application form may receive more attention during the hiring process.Northwest Airlines Career Progress
Several exciting full-time and part-time jobs await those who prove reliable. These positions involve varying levels of customer service and teamwork.
Employment and Salary Information for Northwest Airlines
Nighttime and weekend work is often required for new associates. Many roles require standing for several hours and heavy lifting or pulling. Loud noise levels and varied weather conditions are commonplace. Entry-level Northwest Airlines jobs include:
- These team members explain safety procedures and provide inflight refreshments. They also offer solutions to customer questions and concerns.
- Upon hire, flight attendants earn hourly wages around $10.00 or $11.00.
- The ideal candidate loves to fly and enjoys spending time on airplanes.
- Common duties involve loading and unloading luggage while preventing damage and loss.
- Typically, a baggage handler enjoys a pay rate of around $30k per year.
- Employees must be energetic, enthusiastic, and hard-working.
Tips for Applying
To apply online, log onto the company website. The page has Northwest Airlines job applications that can be filled out and sent in for consideration.
Recruits should check the careers site for updates on where they stand in the hiring process. If a couple weeks go by with no response, consider a phone call to the manager or HR department.
Benefits of Working at Northwest Airlines
Job benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage and medical insurance
- Life Insurance and 401(k) retirement plans
- Salary options and paid time off
- Free flights and discounted accommodations
- Other travel-related perks and employment benefits
When preparing for a Northwest Airlines job interview, it is advised to research the company’s policies. Having this type of knowledge shows passion to hiring managers.
Additional Information about Northwest Airlines
Prior to the Delta merger, Northwest owned seven hubs, three of which were international. While carrying millions of people across the Pacific Ocean, it became the world’s sixth largest airline.