Though recently merging with Office Max and undergoing a rebrand, Office Depot remains a giant in the industry. The company currently holds over 2,000 stores in 57 countries and supplies jobs to more than 60,000 individuals. New entry-level and managerial positions frequently prove available.
Facts About Working at Office Depot
Hiring Age: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Office Depot?)
Available Positions: Customer Service Specialist, Assistant Store Manager, Copy & Print Depot Associate, Department Manager, Direct Import Warehouse Manager, Regional Investigator, Territory Developer, Store Manager, Store Manager Trainee, Territory Development Manager
Printable Application: No. Search Job Openings or visit official site.
Office Depot Job Opportunities
Headquartered in Boca Raton, FL, the office supplier seeks new opportunities for expansion around the world. As an international and growing corporation, Office Depot continually needs to hire competent and committed individual to manage stores and entire districts. The company promotes dedicated entry-level employees into lucrative managerial positions as a reward for hard work. Though individuals already familiar with company policies and functionality may receive preference during the screening process, interested candidates with previous management experience, highly developed organizational skills, and strong leadership qualities remain welcome to join the company.
Job contenders as young as 16 years may pursue employment with Office Depot. Entry-level positions with the company do not require individuals to possess high school diplomas, the equivalent, or previous experience. However, work in the retail industry or knowledge of office-related technology may shed more favorable light on applicants. Additionally, sales-savvy work hopefuls make ideal candidates for store associates, and individuals with customer service experience and skill remain in high demand with the company.
Office Depot Positions and Salary Information
The office supply chain experiences frequent entry-level turnover. To meet the demands of the industry and the size of the corporation, Office Depot must often acquire new talent. Some of the most accessible employment options include:
Retail Sales Associate
- Quick learners and people-oriented individuals remain idyllic candidates for retail sales associate positions.
- As the main component of the job stands interacting with customers to answer questions and offer product suggestions, potential candidates should possess an ability to remain upbeat and friendly in a spectrum of situations and maintain in-depth knowledge about Office Depot products.
- Additional retail sales associate duties include replenishing items on the sales floor and performing straightening and cleaning tasks around the store.
- Pay generally starts at minimum wage; however, associates may receive frequent raises and earn up to $12.00 an hour.
Sales Consultant/Print Services
- Requiring a high school diploma or the equivalent, sales consultants residing in the print services area earn hourly wages of about $8.00 to $9.00.
- Individuals interested in filling the position should possess knowledge of the various copy and print machines used by the company or the ability to learn procedure quickly.
- Basic duties of the position include providing friendly customer service, completing orders efficiently and in timely fashions, suggesting complementary products or the best services to fit the needs of the customers, and performing routine cleaning and maintenance to service areas and various equipment.
Tips For Applying
Individuals interested in applying for Office Depot positions reserve the option of submitting applications online or in person. The company website hosts a platform where potential hires browse available positions and review necessary qualifications. Individuals with qualities the company desires may then create profiles and submit applications. When submitting online always use clear, concise language and review work for errors. Update resumes as needed. In-person submissions should include neat handwriting and the use of black or blue pen. Dressing professionally stands in the best interest of applicants.
As part of a leading corporation in the office supply industry, Office Depot company hiring personnel do not possess the amount of time necessary to respond to all applications. If interested individuals do not receive word of job offers or interview consideration within one to two weeks, the chances of obtaining the position applied for decrease. However, to acquire a definite answer, applicants may call or email hiring managers or visit the store during traditionally slow business hours. No matter the method, potential hires should remain polite and professional while demonstrating sincere desire for the position.
Benefits of Working at Office Depot
Office Depot provides full-time and part-time employees generous work benefits packages. Healthcare coverage includes:
- Life insurance
- Disability and flexible spending accounts
- 401(k) retirement plans
- Stock options
- Sick time off
- Paid holidays
- Vacation time, and
- Employee discounts stand available as well.
More Information on Office Depot
Using the merger as a platform to implement improved and innovative ways for the company to improve environmentally friendly practices, the Office Depot green policy consists of three main elements: buy greener, sell greener, and promote overall greener practices. Buying greener constitutes seeking ways to manufacture more sustainable paper and wood products, which in turn should lessen the amount of trees used in the creation of company products. To uphold greener in-company standards, the office supplier remains committed to recycling, reducing packaging materials, and cutting the overall carbon footprint of the corporation. To sell greener, the company continues to expand a line of paper products made out of recycled materials. The office supplier also accepts empty ink and toner cartridges for reuse.
I am about to start working for Office Depot and I’m very excited because I know it is a great company with great benefits.
Roger Wilkerson says:
I was employed at Office Depot in Raleigh/Durham, NC as a Delivery Service Representative from 1999-2003. I would really like the opportunity to be employed again by Office Depot in a part time position in Raleigh, North Carolina, if an evening store position becomes available.