Old Navy is a clothing retail chain and subsidiary of Gap. The company operates over 1,000 stores throughout the United States and sells clothing for men, women, and children.
Facts About Working at Old Navy
Hiring Age: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Old Navy?)
Available Positions: Brand associate, cashier, key holder, manager, stock associate
Old Navy Employee Interview Videos
Listen to former employees discuss working at Old Navy:
Old Navy Job Opportunities
The retailer seeks workers who thrive in fast-paced, customer-oriented roles. Applicants can find numerous entry-level jobs as well as management and career opportunities with the chain. Seasonal and part-time employment is also available with Old Navy.
Positive Shopping Experiences
Employees should have cheerful and helpful personalities, as daily duties commonly include greeting and engaging customers. Job seekers should also expect to become knowledgeable about Old Navy products. Associates must ensure stores are safe and clean for guests and consistently deliver positive customer experiences.
Old Navy Positions and Salary Information
Old Navy jobs consist of full-time sales workers as well as management roles with competitive salary packages. Entry-level brand associates, formerly Sellebrities, focus on customer experiences. Part-time applicants can also get holiday seasonal work. All job seekers must be 16 years of age. The following positions enjoy flexible shifts:
- Also known as an Old Navy Sellebrity or customer experience associate, employees must be able to work varied shifts, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Common interactions with guests include accepting payments, giving appropriate change, and advertising brand loyalty programs and offers.
- Old Navy brand associates start at approximately $9.00 an hour.
- Refer to the Old Navy customer experience associate job description for more information on duties and pay rates.
- Stock associates must replenish inventory, which requires knowledge of the sales floor.
- When hiring for this position, managers seek organized individuals.
- Hourly wages for Old Navy stock associates begin at $9.00.
- Over time, workers can advance to stock supervisor roles and earn up to $16.00 per hour.
- Career-level jobs in management are also available to qualified applicants.
- These include general and assistant managers, department supervisors, and shift managers.
- Duties include planning, fostering team development, and providing support to staff and customers.
- Old Navy managers may receive salary options of up to $68k a year.
Tips For Applying
Candidates must apply online using a profile. Job seekers should allow ample time to complete the process as there are several steps, including participating in surveys and questionnaires. Gather all information before starting to save time. Some locations may still offer job applications in store.
Potential employees may check on their applications using created profiles. The average application review and interview process can take up to two weeks, possibly more for management opportunities. Following up in person at an Old Navy location is also an option. Be sure to dress appropriately and avoid peak hours.
Benefits of Working at Old Navy
Old Navy provides employees with:
- Healthcare coverages, including dental, vision, and medical insurances
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Vacation time and paid time off
- Supplemental life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plans
Additional Information on Old Navy
Doris and Don Fisher founded Gap as equal partners in 1969. Their inspiration for the store was Don’s inability to find a pair of jeans that fit. Old Navy was first opened in 1994 and continues to reflect the founding principles of operating with value and ethics to deliver a great retail product.
Seasonal Job Openings
Old Navy hires seasonal workers during the holidays. In most cases, seasonal jobs last until early February. The most common jobs the fashion retailer hires seasonal help for include sales or brand associate, cashier, and stock associate positions.
Seasonal sales associates and cashiers typically earn hourly wages between $8.00 and $10.00. Stock clerks generally start out between minimum wage and $10.00 an hour. Pay rates vary depending on area of employment and prior work experience.